Who Deserves the Iron Throne?

TheNiggardlyBastard

Definitely Drogon. D. will first need to grow a little bigger though, fly across the sea, swallow the IT whole, then blow up all of KL by igniting all those caches of the substance.

Otherwise I think the Iron Throne is a real killer, and I would not know who actually deserves to sit that ghastly conglomerate of killing instruments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We can view either the Baratheon has usurpers, and it that case the throne belongs to a Targaryen, and two are alive but hidden.

Or we can view The Baratheon as conquerors and the Iron throne belongs to them by rights of conquest. In the cases, since Robert left no heir, it has to pass to Stannis. Problem is, nobody cares about Stannis' claim and Renly would be a much better king.

The nature of the throne itself provides the answer - anyone wielding the power and strength to seize and hold it. It is manufactured from the swords of vanquished enemies after all.

And as Joffrey finds out when it bleeds him, literally perilous to its current occupant

• 1 month later...

Well at the end of the day, do any of the main character's "deserve" it? Stannis clearly is Robert Baratheon's rightful heir, but the again Daenerys is the last remaining heir to the original bloodline (and seems a lot nicer than pretty much everyone else with a proper claim to the Iron Throne) so I'd say Dany.

read them all but not allowed to spoil you anything so here. Although you can figure it out from the first book, so maybe it's not really a spoiler.

Is it about Ned's sister? I need to re-read GOT slowly.

I am not sure about Jon Snow, I am just praying for him not to get killed in later books. I think Dany could be the true Queen.

Archived