Warrior tiers

The Fresh PtwP

What do the letters representing each tier stand for/Why have you picked those specific letters?

We have no proof that Stannis or Renly or Aegon can fight remotely well.

Why is Halfhand that high up? Why are Jon and Robb that low down (and equal with Joff)? Why is Belwas that low down even though he proved he could fight just as effectively, if not more so, than an armoured foe? Why is Asha that high up? Why are the Kettleblacks that low down? Why is Ned only as good as the average westerosi knight?

You've made a decent attempt at this, and it's definitely useful to have a ranking system in place; but I'm just curious as to your reasoning behind some of these choices.

the letters are a reference to Naruto a japanese manga. Naruto is about ninjas and the missions the ninjas go on are given the letters S is for the most elite F is for the newest ninjas. Imo ned should be higher

the letters are a reference to Naruto a japanese manga. Naruto is about ninjas and the missions the ninjas go on are given the letters S is for the most elite F is for the newest ninjas. Imo ned should be higher

It happens a lot in anime/manga

S class demons from YYH is another popular one

That was in jousting, not sword fighting though. While Loras is an excellent warrior, I think Jaime is probably at least quite a bit better considering Brienne's thoughts that "no knight in the Seven Kingdoms could have stood against him at his full strength"

And Brienne should have some idea of Loras abilties.

I'm not buying into this idea that your skill at sword fighting and not your skill at jousting is what determines whether or not someone is a good warrior. That said, I'm content with agreeing that Jaime, at his peak, is the better of the two, though not by much.

Yeah pretty much Robert was wounded prior to the initiation of Battle of Bells. I highly doubt he would have recovered from these wounds before the commencement of Battle of Trident. Furthermore Rhaegar was healthy as he had been under hiding. I think Robert didn't sustain injuries from rhaegar but likely his wounds opened up. Who knows? :dunno:

This is what I thought too. He was there for the bodies of Elia, Rhaenys, and Aegon to be presented to him. It couldn't have been that long. Also, he seemed okay enough to give Barristan his own maester.

This is what I thought too. He was there for the bodies of Elia, Rhaenys, and Aegon to be presented to him. It couldn't have been that long. Also, he seemed okay enough to give Barristan his own maester.

I always assumed it was some shallow cut, which kept him from the horse for few days. You don't want any wound in Westeros to reopen and fester. He seemed ok enough to deal with post battle stuff and follow Ned quite quickly.

I always assumed it was some shallow cut, which kept him from the horse for few days. You don't want any wound in Westeros to reopen and fester. He seemed ok enough to deal with post battle stuff and follow Ned quite quickly.

So basically, we can also infer that Robert p much stomped Rhaegar by that logic?

Robert/Rhaegar didn't strike me as some lop sided ass kicking. Sure Robert won but according to everybody in the books Robert was a superior warrior. Still Rhaegar was said to be a good fighter, he excelled in everything he tried even fighting. Losing a fight to Robert is like losing a basketball game to Lebron James. Sure he'll probably win but how close did you get?

I also always feel like the problem with this is that we never hear about Rhaegar fighting anyone in a real fight, by that I mean a life or death match. He's trained with some of the best fighters in the land but there always had to be some hesitancy on how hard they could truly go at him, being their future King in all. Until we get more from the coming books, the only real fight we ever hear about Rhaegar ever being in was the fight with Robert and we know how that turned out.

A few days sounds a bit much. He could have been carried in the cart. I just can't see Ned allowing Elia, Rhaenys, and Aegon to rot for that long and him being in King's Landing with those monsters. Especially since the blood was still everywhere.

Rhaegar far outmatched Robert in speed and skill, although Robert probably had the edge in instincts and was clearly far stronger, but because of the circumstances (Rage-fuelled-beserker Robert), Rob won.

Am i wrong assuming that you think Rob smashed rhaegar because he was more angry?

Where does it say Rhaegar outmatched Robert in speed and skill?

Absolutely nowhere but it is implied because he won the tourney of Harrenhal, where the greatest lords fought.

The greatest lords and mightiest champions of the Seven Kingdoms rode in that tourney, and the Prince of Dragonstone bested them all

Absolutely nowhere but it is implied because he won the tourney of Harrenhal, where the greatest lords fought.

I guess nobody wanted to hit the son of Aerys too hard. He was already paranoid at the time. So paranoid that he didn't leave the Red Keep, not even for the tourney, irrc. Also, it was only jousting.

I guess nobody wanted to hit the son of Aerys too hard. He was already paranoid at the time. So paranoid that he didn't leave the Red Keep, not even for the tourney, irrc. Also, it was only jousting.

Yes this is what i believe too, no one wanted to harm the prince, otherwise how can Ser Arthur Dayne and Barristan lose to Rhaegar on same day.

Archived