Catelyn's Deathbed Reconciliation With Jon

Tywin Manderly

I would rather have UnCat learn the truth about Jon, so that she can reconcile with Ned over the matter. Poor Cat died with the knowledge of her trueborn sons being dead and her daughters to be lost to her, and this bastard of her husband's is about to inherit what was her children's right. I also want her to learn that Robb was the only one that died and then die for a second time but in peace.

I believe Melisandre tries to resurrect Jon Snow fails and only Catelyn's arrival at the Wall saves him. Bestowing Beric's gift to her to Jon, consequently dying herself. It would be a fitting end.

Why would she do it? She discovers: 1) Sansa and/or other of her children are alive.

2) Ned is not Jon's father

3) to help the survival of her children and the Realm in the War against the Others.

I'm also wondering if this is a spoiler for someone who's only watched the TV show.

-Lady Stoneheart found following a betrayal of guest right ("Salt") via resurrection with help from a Red Priest ("Smoke") via Berric Dondarion whose sigil is lightening and the night sky ("A bleeding star") and has crossed from life to death and back in defense of her family and now seeks bloody revenge ("Song of Ice and Fire"/"Fire and Ice" as inspiration?)

Maybe reconciliation is not what is coming but an all-out battle?

*Maybe Cat Tully is actually the Prince(ss of the North) that was Promised?

Cat couldn't come to terms with Jon when she was normal and alive, inspite of the fact that she watched her own children show love to him and accept him as full blown family, I'm not sure her UnCatness would finally make her see it any differently. As far as her finding peace with Ned, should she learn any of the R+L=J truths, I'm not sure that'd be possible. She'd still blame him for all her now erroneous feelings about Jon, wouldn't she? Ned always had Brandon as a bit of a shadow and ghost between him and Cat, seems the Jon business for Cat is only fair for Ned, LOL Too bad, none of this was fair to the child in their house, but I think Ned did the best he could. The only deathbed peace UnCat can have, I think, is learning that her children live, that's it.

I like Cat, too, but this idea that she couldn't find it in her heart to put aside her wounded 'honor' and continued to blame the boy, not the husband, really bothers me. She watched her children love Jon, and still, it taught Cat nothing. I doubt being undead will teach Cat anything now, not in relation to Jon, anyway.

ETA: Thinking that Bran and Rickon were dead didn't teach her anything either. Life is short, and thinking she lost children only made her Jon issues worse. Now, if she'd lived to old age.....would it be different, I'm not sure. I'm not sure the truth of Jon's parentage would help either, she'd hate to have to really blame Ned, wouldn't she? If she blamed Ned for the lie, had to admit she was awful to Jon for no reason other than her own pride, she might hate Ned? It's a circular mess for me, one that I wish Cat had learned something about while she really lived. i wish she had learned to stop hating the existance of a child, and I wish she had learned to trust her own children's feeling in relation to Jon.

Cat is dead. There is no more character development for her.

She is a tragic character and the RW was her end.

UnCat exists to serve a specific purpose, probably killing Freys.

There is not enough of Cat left in unCat to even do something about her living children, let alone Jon.

Its too late for stuff like that.

She will only know peace when she kills all the Freys.

I want Uncat to be bring Jon back to life because he was Ned's last child, and realize the truth before she passes to the great beyond. Yes, I know I'm a weak sentimentalist.

Lol me and you both. I do think there is an important reason that Cat is still alive in some form. It will be interesting to see what happens in her story line. but to be honest right now I can't tell which way it will go. When I first read the series I was under the impression that Cat would be Jon's Nissa Nissa but I've since come to the conclusion that perhaps the prophecy isn't so literal. Either way there has to be a reason why Gendry (arya's companion) ended up with the BwB. I suspect he'llhave a few stories to tell Arya before its all said and done.

But as to the topic will there be a reconciliation with Jon. At this point I doubt it, maybe there may be some kind of reconciliation in her mind however I don't think Jon and her will meet. But its very possible that her actions may end up assisting Jon somehow. I personally don't see any reason for Brienne or Jaime to be staying in the riverlands. I imagine that they will be going on some kind of important quest.

Archived