Deadwood

The Monkey

Colour me surprised when I employed the forum's search function and found myself fucking short of desirable fucking answers pertaining to my burning desire to locate a previous fucking Deadwood thread. The show, seemingly popular with a plethora of cocksuckers on this site judging by various list-threads, only had as something constituting a forum for fucking discourse a comparison thread between Deadwood and Hell on fucking Wheels. A thread dedicated solely to Deadwood's fucking brilliance fucking shone with its absence.

Right, enough with the horseshit.

On my second viewing right now; in the middle of season three. The dialogue is beyond anything I've seen on the big or small screen, I can't even fathom how anyone can write that well. A huge shout-out to the casting people as well. Much has been said about Ian McShane's brilliance, but the thing that stuck out the most for me on rewatching season three was George Hearst. He might be the most intimidating villain I've ever seen, brilliantly subtle performance by Gerald McRaney. A small shout-out to drunk racist Steve, the guy's constant impotent rage made for some great scenes.

" I got to meet him, Wu. The San Francisco cocksucker, I have got to meet him. "

That's the most beautiful scene I've ever seen on TV.

Seriously though, Deadwood is one of my all-time favorite shows and whenever I watch it, I feel terrible because its cancellation. Goddamn it, HBO.

I don't know how you can re watch it after how it ended. It's like getting to the point of orgasm and then stopping and getting no relief. So to keep doing that to yourself seems like torture!

I mean, the way it ends DOES suck, but Deadwood can totally be admired for the journey and not it's destination. Where else are you going to hear such sublime dialogue recited by such fine actors?

Could you be specific Relic? I just did a rewatch recently and while I was left wanting more from so many I feel Alma's story was nicely wrapped up her claim being the main story from the start. All Al had left was to have the gem burn down and to lose his previous power. Id love to have seen more from the actors troupe because I think Brian Cox is an absolute beast of an actor. But for the most part I see it as a story of true freedom being infringed on by the government and the rich.

Could you be specific Relic? I just did a rewatch recently and while I was left wanting more from so many I feel Alma's story was nicely wrapped up her claim being the main story from the start. All Al had left was to have the gem burn down and to lose his previous power. Id love to have seen more from the actors troupe because I think Brian Cox is an absolute beast of an actor. But for the most part I see it as a story of true freedom being infringed on by the government and the rich.

The Wyatt Earp subplot and the political power wrangling plot was just getting started.

In life you have to do a lot of things you don't fucking want to do. Many times, that's what the fuck life is... one vile fucking task after another.

or

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Archived