Deadwood

The Monkey

I think Justified is going to finish strong and then all you hipsters are gonna be like "damn the dialogue in the Wire and Deadwood was small potatoes and weak sauce respectively compared to the paragon of televising, Justified. ". Buy yeah the dialogue.in Deadwood = amazeballs.

I really, really like Justified but its dialogue ain't got nothing on Deadwood's.

Just a simple fact of life.

I think I watched some Justified episodes, but it far too often came down to a quick draw shootout to make much sense in the modern world. Keep thinking I'll give it another shot because Oliphant rocks, but it was a bit too much like those old cops shows that always end in a car chase.

I think I watched some Justified episodes, but it far too often came down to a quick draw shootout to make much sense in the modern world. Keep thinking I'll give it another shot because Oliphant rocks, but it was a bit too much like those old cops shows that always end in a car chase.

The first season sorta sucks, but it gets a lot better.

I thought the latest season was the worst

Yeah it wasn't that great either. But the middle seasons are good! Hopefully they end it well, but I'll never forgive them for not getting Ian McShane on there.

• 2 weeks later...

Though it has left my face unscarred, I sometimes regret being a man of peace, as it has prevented me from using many a great Deadwood quotation when engaging in hostile encounters or fist fights.

For example:

"I will profane your fucking remains."

"Have you ever smelt human flesh on the spit? I know the smell. It pleased me to find out."

"If I take a knife to you you'll be scared worse and a long time dying"

"What a type you must consort with that you not fear beating for such an insult"

• 1 month later...

What was the context for this line? I don't recall.

Arguing with Jarry over the bribe, on the day of William's funeral.

"I'm compelled to wonder, Mr Swearengen if this show of grief is a pretext to some other purpose."

"What a type you must consort with that you not fear beating for such an insult."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived