Deadwood

The Monkey

I just started season 3 and am getting sad that it's almost over. I swear I would watch a show about EB and Richardson. It would be amazing.

Saw on the special features of the Blu Ray set that David Milch admitted that EB was probably his favorite character.

"I will profane your fucking remains."

EB - Not my remains, Al.

Al - Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig.

Of the many brilliant exchanges between Al and EB, this one was my favorite. EB accepts death at Al's hands, and his only request is a decet burial "just in case there is a resurrection of the flesh."

Completely human, completely in character for both of them, and it still cracks me up.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw."

"Electors of the camp, as to who should serve as Mayor reasonable men may differ, but as to who should be Sheriff we all ought speak with one voice and our words should be turn out the maniac Bullock, who set upon the Mayor unprovoked, who beat him with merciless protraction. Bullock should be murdered! We should rise up and murder Bullock! Thank you very much."

EB was definitely my favorite character on Deadwood.

It's not really a series finale as I recall it, after season 3, Milch just decided to do a different show (John from Cincinnati) instead of another season of Deadwood. There were rumors of a movie or something to finish it, but nothing ever came of it. It's the ending we were begrudgingly stuck with, but learned to deal with.

Archived