Will the Wall Fall?

drayrock

Right when I read, "Oh there is a big wall keeping bad things away?" I was like, dis shit gonna break. I am a firm believer the wall is coming down. I think most are.

Will the wall fall (and I mean literally come down not like, be taken over by someone else) and if so what book and in what fashion do you surmise?

You don't place a 700 foot wall in the story and have it constantly mentioned how tall it is for it not to fall down.

Now the question is...

Not if the wall will fall

But if it will literally fall or metaphorically

That way that wall is coming down one way or another.

You don't place a 700 foot wall in the story and have it constantly mentioned how tall it is for it not to fall down.

Now the question is...

Not if the wall will fall

But if it will literally fall or metaphorically

That way that wall is coming down one way or another.

I definitely agree, that's why right when I read about it I was like oh it's coming down. But I think physically.

I believe it will melt down, but not due to WW doing but rather Daenerys Dragons out of control.. might be Euron final plan is to let WW prepare Westeros for conquest.

WW can simply walk through one of those non-magical doors that NW carved over the course of the latest thousands of years..

"The Wall will stand as long as the men who defend it stay true."

The past two Lord Commanders of the Night's Watch have been assassinated. Yes, The Wall is coming down, I think it happens in the Prologue chapter of The Winds of Winter. I think everyone's favorite sucker, Dolorous Edd Tollett will be having a patrol at Night Fort, or where ever Jon sent him, and as he walks, he'll feel it rumble and rumble, and he'll say something exceptionally dour, like, "Always knew this Wall would wait for me to be on it when it fell." CRASH.

The past two Lord Commanders of the Night's Watch have been assassinated. Yes, The Wall is coming down, I think it happens in the Prologue chapter of The Winds of Winter. I think everyone's favorite sucker, Dolorous Edd Tollett will be having a patrol at Night Fort, or where ever Jon sent him, and as he walks, he'll feel it rumble and rumble, and he'll say something exceptionally dour, like, "Always knew this Wall would wait for me to be on it when it fell." CRASH.

This...I would be ok with this.

I like it.

The past two Lord Commanders of the Night's Watch have been assassinated. Yes, The Wall is coming down,

I agree it will fall. Jon thinks If Mance's horn was just a feint, where is the true horn? I doubt that question will go unanswered, and we will find out when the Horn of Winter is actually blown. A common guess is that it is the cracked horn Jon found with the cache of dragonglass that is with Sam.

The Wall will fall because it must - just as the Berlin Wall came down just a few months before GRRM started writing this tale of everyday country folk.

Why do you think the seasons are screwed up.

To quote Janet Clouston and the late lamented Ygritte:

Blood built it; blood stopped the building or it; and blood will bring it down. Black will be its fall

(3.14 x 792,000 x 700) multiply that answer by .9167 which the density of ice per cubic centimeter. So volume times density, equals it's like Mount Everest and mount Kilmanjaro collapsing.

Except that the wall is:

a ) a wall. Not a mountain. It would be much easier to collapse something long and (comparatively) thin than something uhm... mountain-shaped, even if the total mass is the same.

b ) only effective as long as it's unbroken. If a large chunk of the wall is missing, along with any hypothetical magical means of protection, it can be considered "fallen".

c ) probably being brought down by magical means anyway, so the last two points don't have much bearing.

The real question is: will people rebuild it?

'cause if it has fallen once and gave no protection at all.. then it can fall again. Seems quite a bit of efforts have been wasted to build 700 m high wall that comes down so easily the first time wights come back again.

The Wall will fall because it must - just as the Berlin Wall came down just a few months before GRRM started writing this tale of everyday country folk.

Why do you think the seasons are screwed up.

To quote Janet Clouston and the late lamented Ygritte:

Blood built it; blood stopped the building or it; and blood will bring it down. Black will be its fall

The seasons are always screwed up...what do you mean.

Who said this??

Except that the wall is:

a ) a wall. Not a mountain. It would be much easier to collapse something long and (comparatively) thin than something uhm... mountain-shaped, even if the total mass is the same.

b ) only effective as long as it's unbroken. If a large chunk of the wall is missing, along with any hypothetical magical means of protection, it can be considered "fallen".

c ) probably being brought down by magical means anyway, so the last two points don't have much bearing.

I am not talking about a crack in the wall, I am talking about the whole thing coming down and it actually has more mass than most mountains because it is far wider than a mountain. Mass is mass that much mass collapsing is a problem. Is the magic going to gently remove the wall? Not that any of that matters in a fantasy novel, Martin could have it collapse and people standing within 10 feet of not get knocked over. Just saying it's massive and it should be a problem for anyone anywhere near it when it comes down.

Archived