What about EuroCon (Shamrokon) 2014?

Hey guys, I never hang around on this side of the board because I never had the chance to go to a con, but I just recently moved in to the UK so... I'm not too sure you guys care for newbies, but just in case, I'll try to attend both Loncon and this one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll arrive in Dublin by ferry on 21st August, around 14:00.

Anyone want to hang out or possibly go to the museum of archaeology with me? :)

I'd be up for that, The National Museum of Ireland ( Archaeology Museum) is on Kildare street and opens till 5pm, Is your Ferry arriving at Dublin Port or Dun Laoghaire Habour?

The con hotel, Hilton something-or-other. I'll probably take a taxi there.

This is about the only logistic for me that I haven't yet set. Anyone know if the taxis accept a visa card? It has the chip and I called so the bank noted my account to not intercept transactions in Ireland.

This is about the only logistic for me that I haven't yet set. Anyone know if the taxis accept a visa card? It has the chip and I called so the bank noted my account to not intercept transactions in Ireland.

I think some do but I wouldn't want to rely on it.

I'll be there, nothing like last minute plans :)

They normally make the best ones!

The con hotel, Hilton something-or-other. I'll probably take a taxi there.

Best idea, probably. If you truly get stuck, there seems to be a bus that runs once an hour, on the hour, from the ferry port to the city centre proper (No 53, gets you to Connolly Station), where you can perhaps get a taxi more easily. The drivers should know when the ferries arrive, though, so you should be fine.

Ser Knight, as Pod says, I wouldn't rely on a taxi driver taking a card. I would try to have cash, and -- if at all possible -- make change on arrival. Last I looked, taxi drivers are not legally obliged to carry change for a 50-euro note, even though many will.

Neal, !!! Awesome. :)

Best idea, probably. If you truly get stuck, there seems to be a bus that runs once an hour, on the hour, from the ferry port to the city centre proper (No 53, gets you to Connolly Station), where you can perhaps get a taxi more easily. The drivers should know when the ferries arrive, though, so you should be fine.

Ser Knight, as Pod says, I wouldn't rely on a taxi driver taking a card. I would try to have cash, and -- if at all possible -- make change on arrival. Last I looked, taxi drivers are not legally obliged to carry change for a 50-euro note, even though many will.

Neal, !!! Awesome. :)

Thanks to you and Pod for the helpful advice!

I'll be there, nothing like last minute plans :)

Excellent!!!

I'll be there and appearing (as Leigh Bardugo not Hedgerow) on panels at 11am and 1pm on Saturday. I'm also doing a signing at Eason Dundrum on Friday night at 6pm if you want to say helllllewwww. And I hope you will.

Excellent!!!

Archived