What do you think awaits in the Land of Always Winter?

Blugenes

A typical volcano does take thousands of years between eruptions. What if the others only invaded during the Long NIght because they're homeland was heating up.

I like that idea.

PErsonally, I wonder if somewhere in the Land of Always Winter lies the secret to the messed up seasons-and how to restore them to a normal cycle, which could save a lot of lives.

Thanks, LM. There has to be a fascinating story behind 1000 poor bastards (in the figurative sense) impaled on ice spikes way past the edge of nowhere.

Maybe those guys are Bloodraven's predecessors who tried and failed to find Bran.

Remember Ned has a line or maybe it's a vision, about a frozen hell reserved for the Starks? Could be something like that.

My other theory is that the Heart of Winter is actually a portal to The Shadow by which sits the city Asshai. "To touch the light, you must pass beneath the shadow."

If they sacrificed themselves in an endless battle against the Heart of Winter, does that meam that Bran will eventually suffer the same fate? Since BR's time is just about done, will he end up impaled on one of those ice needles? That would make a thousand and one, no? I sure would like to know how the tale of the Last Hero ends.

I like that thought a lot. How many dreamers does Lord Bloodraven have? Nailed it. Nice job :)

Archived