Another Thought on Loras

The Crow's Third Eye

It does seem strange, but you shouldn't disregard Willas so easily. Just because he is crippled doesn't mean he can't fight - or more importantly, command troops. IIRC, he's not as badly damaged as Bran - he only had his leg broken and heal at an odd angle.

And there is the real life story of Timur the Lame who was quite the bad ass warrior, so Willas could be quite a threat...

Free Northman Reborn, on 04 Jan 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Davos is a POV character that is central to a number of storylines. Loras is really a nobody.

The fact that no Tyrells or anybody in the Tyrells camp are POVs is evidence that the Tyrells do have a big time agenda that GRRM is concealing from us.

Amazing, the mileage Loras theories achieve, based on nothing but wishful thinking.

He took Dragonstone, and is a burned, maimed wreck as a result, folks. Deal with it.

I'm to the point where I don't believe anything until I see it. Too many bullshit reports have turned out to not be true. Nothing wrong with healthy skepticism.

I'm to the point where I don't believe anything until I see it. Too many bullshit reports have turned out to not be true. Nothing wrong with healthy skepticism.

Agreed. The whole thing surrounding the taking of Dragonstone is fishy. This doesn't mean that it couldn't have occurred the way that we see it described. It does mean that it's OK to be skeptical until there's a trustworthy confirmation.

Agreed. The whole thing surrounding the taking of Dragonstone is fishy. This doesn't mean that it couldn't have occurred the way that we see it described. It does mean that it's OK to be skeptical until there's a trustworthy confirmation.

And what makes it fishy is that it aligns far too well with what Cersei wanted to hear.

What do they have in the works, though? There's no one new to ally with while they're in Cersei's blind spot. You know? I guess they became aware that Cersei was into denegrating all the other houses, and they refused to let themselves be killed off by her. But they can't hide Loras forever, so by the time they bring him back the danger must be over. Do they have something going on with the High Septon? It seemed to me as if both queens naturally drifted into the hands of the Septon, I didn't get the sense he'd been bribed to deliver a verdict in favor of any particular family's queen. So if the plan wasn't to imprison Cersei with the faith, then what were the roses banking on as their way of getting Cersei out of the way?

Someone doing reread #17 should look into any hints of the faith being under the influence of the roses, or any overtures between the two. Is it by design that Margeary is squeeking by while Cersei is taking the heavy hit? (corrupt Septon). Or is Margeary simply living the cleaner life of the two and that's why the (impartial Septon's) ire isn't coming down on her the same as on Cersei? On its own, it looks like nothing hinky is going on with the Faith, except they're just miffed at the disgusting behavior of the Lannisters (who sent the dogs of war to burn out the most septs, aside from Cersei's shenanigans). But taken in conjunction with Loras' disappearance, it starts to look more like Highgarden was counting on something like Cersei's imprisonment to happen soon, and that makes me wonder if they're more deeply involved in making it happen than George has let on.

• 5 months later...

What I like about this theory is that it really shows how horrible the Tyrells really are. If this theory is true then they just massacred so much people just because they wore other House colors.

I think the Tyrells are right to do that because Dragonstone is nothing compared to the havoc Euron is creating in the Reach only because the Redwyne Fleet is away. Cersei is a fool to keep the Redwyne Fleet occupied for something completely unimportant.

Well first of all great post,there are times when reading when you find it hard to believe and Loras on DG was one for me,I believe it's all there in the text you dug up ESP when Cersie says I can afford to be generous.

Great post.

Amazing, the mileage Loras theories achieve, based on nothing but wishful thinking.

He took Dragonstone, and is a burned, maimed wreck as a result, folks. Deal with it.

This is sort of where I am with this, the only thing I think that is in question is the seriousness of Loras's injuries. I think its possible that he might not be quite as badly injured as we have heard.

I can understand people being skeptical but we have to use some common sense and keep in mind what the sources for this news probably is. Aurane Waters is the not the only source on this, Kevan and Mace both confirm it in the epilouge, Pycelle does not dispute it, nor has Qyburn or any other report from Dragonstone. Dragonstone is about a day or two away from the capitol, maybe we are a month or two past this happening, the castle being taken, and we have yet to hear anything that really disputes it. Some people mention the fact that Myranda doesn't mention this to Sansa but we have to keep in mind that these are two highborn girls having a gossipy conversation in the Vale, hardly a meeting of the minds. Besides I think Myranda was trying to flesh out if Alayne was really Sansa Stark, mentioning Riverrun made sense but Dragonstone would be irrelavent.

I think he's injured but also will be up to something now (GRRM loves his maiming & rebirth motive).

Davos is a POV character that is central to a number of storylines. Loras is really a nobody.

Davos is #19 and Loras is #36 in the most mentioned characters in ASOIAF game. Yes, I was rather surprised Loras is that far up myself.

Davos is #19 and Loras is #36 in the most mentioned characters in ASOIAF game. Yes, I was rather surprised Loras is that far up myself.

I've been wondering for quite a while how reliable that quiz is. To me counting how may times a character is mentioned sounds like a lot of work. Is it easily doable with an e-book?

Archived