Destined to Braavos

Mithras

Davos did not know that he was officially dead while writing the letter. So even if such a letter is sent, it must be done in secrecy, well away from that maester in White Harbour. Still I think Davos wants to send this letter because he is going to a dangerous mission. He knows that Stannis is fighting on the field. They might lose everything.

I don't see his family heading to Braavos, as Davos is still alive along with Stannis. If they do go to Braavos, the IB has allied with Stannis so I guess they would be safe there. I think they are headed for the same treatment by Cersei that Macbeth gave to Macduff's family.

2) Marya (wife of Davos) and Davos' youngest two children

Davos sat beside his candle and looked at the letters he had scratched out word by word during the days of his confinement. I was a better smuggler than a knight, he had written to his wife, a better knight than a Kings Hand, a better Kings Hand than a husband. I am so sorry. Marya, I have loved you. Please forgive the wrongs I did you. Should Stannis lose his war, our lands will be lost as well. Take the boys across the narrow sea to Braavos and teach them to think kindly of me, if you would. Should Stannis gain the Iron Throne, House Seaworth will survive and Devan will remain at court. He will help you place the other boys with noble lords, where they can serve as pages and squires and win their knighthoods. It was the best counsel he had for her, though he wished it sounded wiser.

We know that Stannis is thinking of faking his death and when the news Stannis' fake death reach everywhere, And Marya should be aware of Davos's fake execution by Wyman by the then. Marya will flee to Braavos. There is also the GC landing and taking castles all over the Stormlands. It is certainly not safe there for them.

I think the story would be more compelling if Aegon captures Davos's family.

I just saw/read this and thought it was relevant to this thread, so posting it, and it supports this from the OP

I think Braavos will continue to be an important scene for a while longer

The cartographer who did the Lands of Ice and Fire mentions here:

"It was a thrill to detail the city and to get just a hint of what is to come (yes, look at this one carefully – there are locations on here that haven’t appeared in the books … yet)."

I cannot recall every place mentioned in all of Arya's or Sam's chapters there, but if someone is on a re-read right before Arya arrives, then could you maybe make a list of all the places mentioned so we can compare it to a list of all the places on the map? It might be interesting. (And we probably have nothing better to do until tWoW comes out.)

I just saw/read this and thought it was relevant to this thread, so posting it, and it supports this from the OP

The cartographer who did the Lands of Ice and Fire mentions here:

"It was a thrill to detail the city and to get just a hint of what is to come (yes, look at this one carefully – there are locations on here that haven’t appeared in the books … yet)."

I cannot recall every place mentioned in all of Arya's or Sam's chapters there, but if someone is on a re-read right before Arya arrives, then could you maybe make a list of all the places mentioned so we can compare it to a list of all the places on the map? It might be interesting. (And we probably have nothing better to do until tWoW comes out.)

Wow, thanks for pointing this out. That's really awesome!

I think the two most likely place's to make an appearance which we haven't seen so far are the HQ of the IBB (since Arya will most likely infiltrate in their circle of influence and since we have all these parties from Westeros lining up to negotiate with them) and the Palace of the Sea Lord of Braavos (since the fight for succesion will probably be a major part of Arya's arc in tWoW and because we desperatly need to have a scene where the Velociraptor in the Sea Lords zoo is let loose on someone).

The Arsenal might also feature, but only briefly imo.

This is very unlikely and even if they do such a thing, they would not assign that job to Arya. That makes the job very personal and we know the FM do not work that way.

Did Arya and Cersie ever actually meet though? Arya was presented to the royal family at Winterfell, but never spent any time with the Queen. On the road the day they were supposed to spend time in the wheelhouse was cancelled, leading to Arya beating Joffrey and running away. After that I doubt she was very welcome around the Queen. So if they never actually spent time together could Arya argue that she doesn't actually know her and be allowed to go after her.

Did Arya and Cersie ever actually meet though? Arya was presented to the royal family at Winterfell, but never spent any time with the Queen. On the road the day they were supposed to spend time in the wheelhouse was cancelled, leading to Arya beating Joffrey and running away. After that I doubt she was very welcome around the Queen. So if they never actually spent time together could Arya argue that she doesn't actually know her and be allowed to go after her.

Arya was introduced to Cersei, so they did meet, and thus do know each other.

Archived