The ASOIAF Darwin Awards

redriver

So who has most improved the ASOIAF gene pool by removing themselves from it in the dumbest way?I'm looking for individuals really,but mass extinctions such as the House of the Undying or the Valyrians count as well.

Carelessness,inventiveness and sheer stupidity are essential ingredients.

In the Group Section I nominate the House of the Undying,who,erm,died.

This is a bunch of warlock/witchy prophets who if they really had a grip on prophecy should have seen it coming.Their advice-no,instruction-to Pryat Pree should have been

...on no...no...no...

...account..account...

..bring...bring.....

Danaerys..Stormborn..Fucking....Targaryen...

...Titles....Titles..

...anywhere...anywhere...

....near....near.....

...this.... place....

But,no.These masters of foresight invite her and her fire breathing dragon into this dusty old kip.No doubt it was a fire hazard anyway.Health and Safety would never have passed it.

And so the Undying died.

Viserys. The Cart King who learns nothing and shows up drunk in Vaes Dothrak, brandishes a sword, and threatens the khal's wife in front of the khal and 5000 of his followers and demands his crown. That's a Darwin candidate of legendary proportions.

The group award goes to the Freys. Walder was understandably angry about Robb failing to uphold a betrothal, but breaking Guest Right and slaughtering thousands put a big, fat, pie-shaped target on the Freys' backs.

"Oh so you're the most savage badass in probably all of Essos? Let me just threaten your pregnant wife and see what happens."

Viserys has to make the shortlist at least.Dying by getting what you wanted most is sheer genius.

Lord Luthor Tyrell of the horseback cliff diving fame must be up there. The sort of thing that might be in the actual Darwin awards, too.

Yes.I had him in mind when considering the thread.One of the richest men in Westeros just rides off a cliff by accident.Though I love Tyrion's thought that if he were married to Olenna he'd have done the same thing.

Viserys,Quentyn and Luthor are on the list.

Viserys. The Cart King who learns nothing and shows up drunk in Vaes Dothrak, brandishes a sword, and threatens the khal's wife in front of the khal and 5000 of his followers and demands his crown. That's a Darwin candidate of legendary proportions.

The group award goes to the Freys. Walder was understandably angry about Robb failing to uphold a betrothal, but breaking Guest Right and slaughtering thousands put a big, fat, pie-shaped target on the Frey's backs.

Couldn't have said that better.

I'm tempted to exclude the Freys on the grounds that they're not all dead yet,even though we all know they will be soon.Either Stannis will chop all their heads off,or Arya and her wolfpack will eat them all.

Consider the Freys as possible outsiders in the Group Section.

Archived