The ASOIAF Darwin Awards

redriver

But he succeeded in killing the boar. That is all that matters.

He died - in a really moronic way. I thought that was what mattered when handing out Darwin awards... :P

Haha, yes. Totally a "summun hold ma beer" moment...

It's a classic "it seemed like a good idea at the time" thing.

He was already removed from the gene pool long before that, though. lol

Nnnngh, burn!

He was already removed from the gene pool long before that, though. lol

Like heck he was! He had a brand-spankin'-new six month old daughter (Barra)! While he lived, Bobby B contributed more to the gene pool than any king since Aegon the Prolific, and he was likely to continue.

Like heck he was! He had a brand-spankin'-new six month old daughter (Barra)! While he lived, Bobby B contributed more to the gene pool than any king since Aegon the Prolific, and he was likely to continue.

Shit! I meant to say "his wife's gene pool"... !!

Besides already mentioned Viserys, I think best candidate is Janos Slynt. A guy completely oblivious to the fact he's not in KL anymore where Golden Cloaks can lick his ass and Lannisters can protect him, refuses to command a fort and repeatedly insults someone who has power of life and death over him. Not much to add except: he had it coming.

On a sidenote, I quite enjoyed reading various puns describing Janos' fate: It looks like Jon was ahead of Janos or You could even say Jon blocked him. :)

Besides already mentioned Viserys, I think best candidate is Janos Slynt. A guy completely oblivious to the fact he's not in KL anymore where Golden Cloaks can lick his ass and Lannisters can protect him, refuses to command a fort and repeatedly insults someone who has power of life and death over him. Not much to add except: he had it coming.

On a sidenote, I quite enjoyed reading various puns describing Janos' fate: It looks like Jon was ahead of Janos or You could even say Jon blocked him. :)

My name is Jon Snow. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Inigo Montoya reference

Theon Greyjoy for believing he could held Winterfell and for working together with and listening to "Reek".

Even though Theon is alive, we can be quite sure that he is removed from the gene pool (unless he had already fathered a bastard, which he apparently hasn`t).

Maester Cressen, why on earth would you drink from a cup that you poisoned yourself?

He was aware it was deadly and did it for something that he thought was worth it, to save his king from Melisandre`s influence.

I wouldn`t call that stupidity, but that depends on the personal view.

Luthor died after procreating, so his death isn't really a Darwinian event.

You are right, he has no less than ten living descendents, but deserves a honorable mention.

I think (not sure) that the real Darwin Award can be given to people who procreated, for making sure they can`t at least submit more to the gene pool.

Otherwise, Aerion Brightflame couldn`t be a winner, either, nor could Tywin, (unless you assume that all his Children are not really his) and same goes for Janos Slynt. And of course Robert is out, having about a dozen bastards running around.

Quentyn Martell:

This was such a great idea to go into the dragonpit with two untrained and very bored dragons. The best part was to turn his back on one while trying to tame the other.

Truly great.... not...

And what was he supposed to do? He was sent on a very important quest, a quest that was supposed to change the course of history, several people died trying to get him to Dany, including his best friend! Would you really expect him to just give up and return home empty handed? No! He did a very brave thing that nearly succeeded, but ended badly, which is something that just happens in life.

And what was he supposed to do? He was sent on a very important quest, a quest that was supposed to change the course of history, several people died trying to get him to Dany, including his best friend! Would you really expect him to just give up and return home empty handed? No! He did a very brave thing that nearly succeeded, but ended badly, which is something that just happens in life.

He could have tried to gain some support there before Dany comes back. Or if he insists in trying to tame a dragon, he should have tried to separate one. (So no dragon could burn him from behind...) I guess luring one dragon out of the pit with something they think is delicious wouldnt be impossible. They dont strike me as very clever. They are perhaps as clever as cats. I really would not go into a cave with two lions in it if I would try to tame one...

But that is just my opinion and no one has to agree :).

He's not dead yet, but can I nominate Bowen Marsh? I mean, really, he is at the Wall, the NW seems to be mostly loyal to the LC, the Wildlings who largely outnumber the NW have just sworn their swords to the LC and you decide to murder the LC in broad daylight and still think you're doing the NW a favor?

Also, Viserys. No explanations needed.

And the Freys. I just don't see any way for the series to end with them being in any power. I mean, come on, take Emmon for example. He is supposed to be the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, but his family murdered or imprisoned one or more sons of most of the other houses in the Riverlands. Does the man honestly think he can rule over the Riverlands for an extended period of time?

And the Freys. I just don't see any way for the series to end with them being in any power. I mean, come on, take Emmon for example. He is supposed to be the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, but his family murdered or imprisoned one or more sons of most of the other houses in the Riverlands. Does the man honestly think he can rule over the Riverlands for an extended period of time?

He's not even supposed to be Lord Paramount, LF still holds that title... :P

Archived