The ASOIAF Darwin Awards

redriver

Arys makes the list,though he needs more discussion.I think he was a sensible and daring knight who lost control of his wits due to large nipple exposure.

There's loads more.VH-there's a clue...

Sorry, your clue is completely lost on me (and I tried Googling really hard too!)

Ah, got you. Granted, having one's extremities fed to northmen while your ear festers is not a nice way to go, but it's nowhere near as stupid as riding off a cliff.

I'm not so sure.Riding off a cliff smacks of a certain carelessness but Vargo pretty much designed his own death by the cruelty he dealt out to others in life.Karma seems to be at work here.Besides,weren't his extremeties fed to himself in the main?

I'm not so sure.Riding off a cliff smacks of a certain carelessness but Vargo pretty much designed his own death by the cruelty he dealt out to others in life.Karma seems to be at work here.Besides,weren't his extremeties fed to himself in the main?

Both are correct.

I'm not so sure, when choosing Darwin contenders, I'm not sure if I would include those who die by provocation or karma. Not saying the cliff death was the Darwinian-est of them all, it was just an example, but there are a lot mentioned here that I wouldn't count. According to my own personal rules, which others are free to ignore :)

Both are correct.

I'm not so sure, when choosing Darwin contenders, I'm not sure if I would include those who die by provocation or karma. Not saying the cliff death was the Darwinian-est of them all, it was just an example, but there are a lot mentioned here that I wouldn't count. According to my own personal rules, which others are free to ignore :)

Ah.We will certainly be ignoring your own rules.The final decision will be down the committee which sits inside my head sometimes.Their decision will be final.But the best write up may win the day..

The Other that Sam killed. He got so distracted by the baby that he let an incompetent fighter stab him without fighting back himself.

No.The Commitee has overruled it.That was down to Sam's badassery.

Merritt Frey -- The most incompetent and disabled Frey volunteers to deliver a bag of gold to a bloody thirsty bunch of outlaws and thinks he will walk out again with not only his life but that of their hostage, even though all know that said band are killing any Frey man on sight.

Simon Silver-Tongue.

For extorting a member of the most notorious of great houses. The one member, by the way, that was known to hang out with a sell sword, some Moon Bros and Black-ears to name but a few. He did humanity of Westeros a huge kindness by clearing the gene pool at large of his issue.

In a sense Cersei. She's ensuring not only her own destruction but that of her entire house.

Also a fair number of the Greyjoys. For instance, Theon's bad decisions haven't got him killed YET, but they have ensured he can't create any new heirs.

Top of the list: Jon effing Snow. That black bastard turned down Stannis' offer of Winterfell, then hung a sign around his own neck that said "Screw you and your ideas, I'm the LC. If you don't like it, you can kill me." And he practically begged them to do so.

His first act of "leadership" is to execute Janos Slynt for basic jackassery, driving his opponents into hiding while doing absolutely nothing to win them over.

He puts miles between himself and every one of his true friends and trusted advisors - including Maester Aemon, a respected leader already at the end of his life, who he self-righteously sends away to die alone in a foreign land.

He deprives a mother of her newborn child.

He pisses off the Queen; ushers a wildling host through the Wall and parades them before their lifelong enemies; insults the Red Woman; locks his direwolf away the moment the beast starts acting "out of sorts."

Naturally, he then decides the time is ripe to publicly invite a wildling army south on a march into the realms of men.

And now he's dead.

Black bastard indeed.

I think Arys Oakheart gets way too much hate.

Boros Blount didn't die defending Tommen- craven.
Arys Oakheart did die defending Myrcella- dumbass.
Three Kingsguard at TOJ, you think if Ned shows up with 700 men instead of 7 they all would just bent their knees ?

Arys Oakheart.
"Oh, I'll just single handedly charge at a boat full of crossbow wielding dornishmen armed with nothing but a sword and shield to achieve... oh, erm, nothing. It would achieve nothing. Oops"

Ashara Dayne.
"Oh, I'll just jump out of the window to achieve...oh, erm, nothing. It would achieve nothing. Oops"

Archived