Small Questions v 10021

Stubby

D&E Spoiler This is from the SSM

Noreascon (Boston, MA; September 2-6)

[Note: The following is a paraphrase of the reporter's statement.]

Martin officially said that Dunk was not knighted [by Ser Arlan of Pennytree].

I wish I hadn't read that spoiler. The ambiguity although marginal made it all the more interesting. I hope all our questions do not get answered definitively.

I wish I hadn't read that spoiler. The ambiguity although marginal made it all the more interesting. I hope all our questions do not get answered definitively.

So do I, but given the vagueness of that SSM there could be a million different directions he could go with it. Makes me wish the novels were done just so we could start getting on with the D&Es. :)

So do I, but given the vagueness of that SSM there could be a million different directions he could go with it. Makes me wish the novels were done just so we could start getting on with the D&Es. :)

I just finished THK ×3. The Tales of D&E are every bit as good as ASOIAF. Which would you rather read first the she wolves or Winds?

I just finished THK ×3. The Tales of D&E are every bit as good as ASOIAF. Which would you rather read first the she wolves or Winds?

Honestly, the next D&E, I love the novels but the Dunk and Egg tales are just so much more fun to read. Plus we already know when they die so you're not constantly worried that they're gonna die on the next page. And their loyalty to one another is epic. :)

Apologies if this has been discussed/answered before, but are we clear on whether it was Egg or Jaehaerys who commanded Aerys to marry Rhaella in light of TPTWP prophecy? As far as I can recall, only Selmy's comment to Dany about "your grandsire" provides any evidence either way.

Why did the Riverlords bow down to Robb?

What were the specific reasons?

Because he freed Riverrun. He was willing to clear the Lannister army from Riverlands with his northern host. I think that is well enough to convince Riverlords to join Robb's cause and not to mention their liege lord was rescued by Robb's army and later declared for him.

I can't recall but was Aeron Greyjoy's ship named in the books before it was sunk off of Fair Isle?

I was just thinking how cool the Greyjoy Brother's ship names are. The Great Kraken, Silence, Iron Victory...did Aeron live up to this standard?

Yes, but in an epicly funny way.

The Drowned God gives every man a gift, even him; no man could piss longer or farther than Aeron Greyjoy, as he proved at every feast. Once he bet his new longship against a herd of goats that he could quench a hearthfire with no more than his cock. Aeron feasted on goat for a year, and named the longship Golden Storm, though Balon threatened to hang him from her mast when he heard what sort of ram his brother proposed to mount upon her prow.

Has anyone mapped and/or listed all known weirwood tree locations? Seems like something someone would have done by now, but I can't find such a list.

A search doesn't turn up a thread like this, so I guess you should probably start one.

I imagine that the weirwoods would be pretty ubiquitous in the North, but in the South you can count them on the fingers of one hand.

There is one at Raventree Hall, and those on the Island of Faces.

The unanswered questions from the previous 2 pages:

Would Jaqen give Gendry the FM coin if he said he wanted to join him?

How/where do men of the faith of the Drowned God who join the Night's Watch take their vows?

I'm assuming they all travel to Eastwatch to do so, but that seems inconvenient (well, maybe not since most would be assigned to Eastwatch anyway).

And then do they have to kneel in the freezing cold water while they say their vows? Or can they just do so on the shore without going into the water?

Where in the Riverands are Raventree Hall and Stoney Hedge located?

Aside from the Bael the Bard story, is there something that suggests that the Stark line an unbroken male line?

Where in the Riverands are Raventree Hall and Stoney Hedge located?

Raventree Hall is located in between Riverrun and Oldstones. So above Riverrun.

The Stone Hedge is located a little bit to the right of Riverrun, if you were looking at a map.

To get a better visualisation, I suggest you look at the picture in the upper right corner of these:

Raventree Hall: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Raventree_Hall

Stone Hedge: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Stone_Hedge

Raventree Hall is located in between Riverrun and Oldstones. So above Riverrun.

The Stone Hedge is located a little bit to the right of Riverrun, if you were looking at a map.

To get a better visualisation, I suggest you look at the picture in the upper right corner of these:

Raventree Hall: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Raventree_Hall

Stone Hedge: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Stone_Hedge

I have seen those and I think they're somewhat speculative.

For one thing, Bracken and Blackwood lands are supposed to be bordering each other and the two Houses are supposed to contest some of them. If there is a river between them (and Riverrun, to boot), they would have a clear border.

Edit: Weirdly, neither of the castles appear on the Westeros map of "Lands of Ice and Fire".

For one thing, Bracken and Blackwood lands are supposed to be bordering each other and the two Houses are supposed to contest some of them. If there is a river between them (and Riverrun, to boot), they would have a clear border.

Edit: Weirdly, neither of the castles appear on the Westeros map of "Lands of Ice and Fire".

Hmm interesting. They aren't on the official maps from the books either.

Also not on "Lands of Ice and Fire" maps, you say? I admit I couldn't look at those maps, since they are not at my house at the moment. But that would be very strange indeed.

Are there no hints in Jaime's traveling tale? He travels to both castles after the siege of Riverrun ended.

Are there no hints in Jaime's traveling tale? He travels to both castles after the siege of Riverrun ended.

Well, if you consider the timeline of events, the negotiation at Raventree Hall is after the surrender of Riverrun.

Also, when Tytos Blackwood yields, Jaime thinks he has matters to attend to at Riverrun and King's Landing - in that order.

Jaime doesn't travel to both castles - he meets with Jonos Bracken outside of Raventree Hall.

For what is worth, I just don't think there should be a river between the two castles.

There's no Pennytree on there either and it is supposed to be nestled between "Missy's Teats" I don't even see a pair of mountains that could be them. Maybe they have some spoiler value for D&E so they were left off, I don't know why though.

The books Dany got were I think legends about Westeros, although I could.be mistaken. However they may actually be history books, as I noticed a while back an instance where she has read a story about a King who.locked his sisters (or it might havr said queen) in a tower for being beautiful (ala Baelor)

Thank you:)

I Would have tried to get as much info on Targ and westerosi history as I could..she would hsve got an answer for her questions on madness as well as dragonfighting.she doesn't have a clue.

Has anyone mapped and/or listed all known weirwood tree locations? Seems like something someone would have done by now, but I can't find such a list.

Here's a thread that discusses known heart trees+some other notable places with weirwoods, if that's any help. Rose of Ice has been keeping a list, it's there if you scroll down a little.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/101308-guessing-brans-arc-a-hunt-for-heart-trees/?hl=%2Bknown+%2Bheart+%2Btree

Archived