Small Questions v 10021

Stubby

Greetings.

I have read several mentions of "A Stark in Winterfell" but i can't find any reference to it in my rereads of the books. So i would dearly appreciate a kindly reference to where this comes from.

thanks.

GoT pg.44

pg.95

CoK pg.154

pg.205

pg.272

pg.414

pg.462

SoS pg.233

pg.505

If this is what you're looking for. :)

edt Btw these arer from ebooks so you may have to adjust them for your books.

In FFC it is implied that Arya warged nymeria with being awake while she was standing at the fm meeting.does this mean she is a better warg than bran?he loses consciousness while warging.and she doesn't have any help,she is natural.is there a thread on this?thx

Not sure if this is exactly a small questiin or if there is a textual answer that I've missed but what exactly was the doom of valyria. i always asumed it was like a massive pompei

doom of valyria site:asoiaf.westeros.org

Copy and paste the above line into google, there are tons of theories but none small and there has been no definite answer given yet.

Can someone please link me to the thread showing all the chapters in chronological order?

If you mean the order they were in, in the books try HERE

If you mean the order in which they occur on the Westerosi calendar, then there isn't an official one, however there is one that was user-created HERE

Like I said it's not official, and it's not perfect, but it does give you a basic idea about things.

Is it safe to assume that Tyrion was born early in the year?

He mentions in aGoT (when on the road to the Vale when his horse is butchered for meat) that he had gotten the animal from Jaime for his 23rd nameday. Earlier that year, Cersei travelled with the royal children to CR, where Tyrion most likely was. Cersei most likely heard the news about Jon Arryn there, and travelled back to KL to join Robert into travelling to Winterfell. I assume that Tyrion joined her and the kids. The only moment that Jaime could have given him the horse for his 23rd birthday is when Tyrion arrived in KL, before they travelled to Winterfell.

Jaime and Cersei were born in 266 AC, and when they were 9, Tyrion was born (thus in 275 AC). So Tyrion's 23rd nameday has to fall in 298AC.

On a further note, are there any specifics given for the ages of Jaime and Cersei? Are their namedays early in the year or later in the year? Is any of this known?

I understand that Braavos is antislavery but why do readers assume the FM are? Is there any direct evidence that the FM are antislavery themselves? And why do people assume the Braavos are anti-Targaryen? Didn't the Sealord of Braavos witness the marriage pact between Viserys Targaryen and Arianne Martell by Jon Darry and Oberyn Martell? And didn't the Targaryens join Braavos when Volantis threatened to conquer The Free Cities?

I understand that Braavos is antislavery but why do readers assume the FM are? Is there any direct evidence that the FM are antislavery themselves? And why do people assume the Braavos are anti-Targaryen? Didn't the Sealord of Braavos witness the marriage pact between Viserys Targaryen and Arianne Martell by Jon Darry and Oberyn Martell? And didn't the Targaryens join Braavos when Volantis threatened to conquer The Free Cities?

@ FM....Because the first FM were said to have given the gift to the masters of the slaves in Kindly Man's story.

@Targs...People assume that (i think) because dragons facilitated slavery in the Valyria days. So by that logic, Braavos is anti-dragon and therefore anti-Targ. Not entirely convincing.

@ FM....Because the first FM were said to have given the gift to the masters of the slaves in Kindly Man's story.

@Targs...People assume that (i think) because dragons facilitated slavery in the Valyria days. So by that logic, Braavos is anti-dragon and therefore anti-Targ. Not entirely convincing.

Actually didn't the KM say that was a story for later? The only one who got the gift in the story we read was that wretched slave. We know he did kill Valyrian masters but we don't know if it was to free slaves, do we? As far as we know the Moonsingers led the Valyrian slaves from bondage not the FM but the FM apparently went with them.

Actually didn't the KM say that was a story for later? The only one who got the gift in the story we read was that wretched slave. We know he did kill Valyrian masters but we don't know if it was to free slaves, do we? As far as we know the Moonsingers led the Valyrian slaves from bondage not the FM but the FM apparently went with them.

Well we don't know the details of why the FM killed the masters. But the FM were born from a sympathy to the suffering of the slaves - at the least they were sympathizers. The wretched slave was killed because he prayed to be dead, it was an act of mercy. i doubt it was for mercy the FM killed the masters. And it could also be a hint the FM had a hand in the Doom. But I agree there's some holes in the story, so for now we can't be sure of too much.

Archived