Small Questions v 10021

Stubby

Question about the bedding part of weddings: do people actually watch the newlyweds go at it or do they just stand outside the door and listen?

Here are Sansa's thoughts about the bedding ceremony, this is during her own wedding.

The feast seemed to go on forever, though Sansa tasted none of the food. She wanted it to be done, and yet she dreaded its end. For after the feast would come the bedding. The men would carry her up to her wedding bed, undressing her on the way and making rude jokes about the fate that awaited her between the sheets, while the women did Tyrion the same honors. Only after they had been bundled naked into bed would they be left alone, and even then the guests would stand outside the bridal chamber, shouting ribald suggestions through the door.

@Rhaenys_Targaryen and Mindchap

Thanks for answering my question at post #30... took some time to find that there were actually answers!

If by any chance you know something about The Sworn Sword as well let me know :)

Btw sorry for the late thanks... :crying:

Your question from post 30 was about TSS, wasn't it? So I assume you're asking about TMK? I can't think of anything "secret" that is going on in TSS, besides the burning of Wat´s Wood.

But in TMK

special attention should be payed to Ser Maynard Plumm, especially Dunk´s last description of him, and everything the man says. He´s not who he seems :)

It might also be a good idea to pay special attention to

Lord Cockshaw and the way he reacts to John the Fiddler taking interest in Dunk, and of course the things the Fiddler says to Dunk when they are both drunk

There are also the usual ironic sentences, like Dunk commenting on how unlikely it is he'll ever wear a white cloak, and such stuff :)

Might would be an understatement :P haha

@ Hoyti_Von_Totiy

There are plenty of rapers who get the choice of loosing their manhood, or go to the Wall. None of them would choose the Wall anymore if that is the chosing the Wall wouldn't mean they got to keep all their parts.

Ok fine but remember that the Nights watch was an honorable order a few 1000 years ago before they became what they are today a band of rapers and thieves.

Why wasn´t the penis removal made and initination back then in the honorable days?

Ok fine but remember that the Nights watch was an honorable order a few 1000 years ago before they became what they are today a band of rapers and thieves.

Why wasn´t the penis removal made and initination back then in the honorable days?

Probably because back then, the men were (said to be) more honorable :) They didn't view it as necessary, since the honorable men would stick to their vows.

Probably because back then, the men were (said to be) more honorable

:) They didn't view it as necessary, since the honorable men would stick to their vows.

Ok wait. When they where were honorable you could take their word for it and when they are unhonorable it will reduce the recruiting ability?

It makes no sense.

Ok wait. When they where were honorable you could take their word for it and when they are unhonorable it will reduce the recruiting ability?

It makes no sense.

You say that 1000 years ago, the men who took the Black were honorable men. Those men would not forsake their vows quickly, and thus, the cutting would not have been seen as necessary.

In the meantime, the NW is trying to follow tradition, but people's priorities shifted, and the NW isn't what it used to be. People who have committed crimes nowadays get the the choice: either a sever punishment, which can be anything, like death, or loosing a body part, OR you join the Wall. A great deal of men would (I guess) choose loosing a hand, or their manhood, over loosing their manhood and forever having to live in the ice cold on top of that Wall.

But that's just my opinion.

As you say, the men from 1000 in the NW were honorable men, and thus they would keep their vows, instead of trying to desert. No harsh punishment was needed upon joining. Otherwise, no man would join voluntarily (men like Benjen Stark, Waynmar Rocye, Jeor Mormont).

It's really simple. Military orders that rely on voluntary participation can't cut people's dicks off if they want them to join.

But in their vows they swer not to use the dicks and the punishment of usage after saying the words is death, so removing the dick removes the chance of loosing a good dickless watcher on the wall.

Its simple.

I think in such a case, Riverrun would go to either the Blackfish, or Bran.

At the moment Robert Arryn is the Heir to Riverrun not the Blackfish.

If Edmure, Robb, Bran and Rickon weren't born, Cat would get Riverrun and Sansa would get Winterfell. Sansa, Arya, Lysa and Robert would follow in this order for Riverrun. Blackfish is the last among those. Harrold Hardyng is in Arryn succession but not in Tully succession even if Robert dies and he becomes Lord of the Eyrie. Of he dies as Lord of the Eyrie and Lord of Riverrun, then Harrold may be the Lord of both castles.

Since Robb is Lord of Winterfell and Bran is his heir, Edmure's heir would be Cat at first, then the aforementioned order. Robert is currently the heir because all the Stark offspring are believed to be dead/missing or disinherited.

When Edmure's son is born, he will be the Lord of Riverrun. When Starks pop out again, then the order would be complicated.

But in their vows they swer not to use the dicks and the punishment of usage after saying the words is death, so removing the dick removes the chance of loosing a good dickless watcher on the wall.

Its simple.

Now that Jon's been at least a little killed, I would love to see someone run for Lord Commander on your "We don't need our dicks" platform.

Now that Jon's been at least a little killed, I would love to see someone run for Lord Commander on your "We don't need our dicks" platform.

Ok now THAT is wat i´m saying. Like the Unsullied the Nightswatch would prove their manhood trough their fighting and service without any loose endings.

Archived