Small Questions v 10021

Stubby

Anybody else have problems up-loading their profile pic? Any suggestions?

I just joined the board, though I am long-time lurker.

Benvenidos dude. If you figure it out let me know :)

Gravatar works great, you can upload more than one and change it fairly easily.

I am looking for the passage about when Catelyn's betrothal was announced with Brandon Stark. I can not seem to find it in the books.

Can anyone provide any help?

This?

Catelyn was past delicacy. “He was my father’s ward. We grew up together in Riverrun. I thought of him as a brother, but his feelings for me were... more than brotherly. When it was announced that I was to wed Brandon Stark, Petyr challenged for the right to my hand. It was madness. Brandon was twenty, Petyr scarcely fifteen. I had to beg Brandon to spare Petyr’s life. He let him off with a scar. Afterward my father sent him away. I have not seen him since.”

Anyone knows the exact reason why DarkStar didn't take the sword of the morning placed at Starfall, since he thinks all his cousin's merits are due to it?

I don't think we are told what are the exact qualifications for receiving the sword and the title that comes with it, so we don't know if Darkstar is eligible in the running for becoming the new Sword of the Morning. Could also be the Daynes at Starfall reserve all rights to it. Gerold is from a cadet branch, Daynes of High Hermitage.

I don't think we are told what are the exact qualifications for receiving the sword and the title that comes with it, so we don't know if Darkstar is eligible in the running for becoming the new Sword of the Morning. Could also be the Daynes at Starfall reserve all rights to it. Gerold is from a cadet branch, Daynes of High Hermitage.

I think the question was asking why Darkstar doesnt just take the sword, not necessarily the title. Your point about Starfall and High Hermitage probably covers that though

How do you post links that you, since I don't know a better way to describe it so don't laugh, "disguise" in another word?

Like, you say the word "post" and then you can click on it, and it takes you to the correct page.

I have tried several times before, but I have failed miserably. Please help :)

Highlight the word in the editor and click on the little chain link looking icon and it will let you assign an address for that word. If that's what you're talking about.(It's right below the size drop down box)

How do you post links that you, since I don't know a better way to describe it so don't laugh, "disguise" in another word?

Like, you say the word "post" and then you can click on it, and it takes you to the correct page.

I have tried several times before, but I have failed miserably. Please help :)

Whats already been said, but i dont think you can do that on mobile devices (in case thats what you are using)

Early on in AGOT, Ned refers to a time when he made common cause with a man he despised when talking to LF. Who/when was he referring?

I don't remember that, but probably Tywin during the Sack of Kings Landing?

Pewrhaps you can provide the quote you are referring to, or the chapter? It's kind of hard to find this way :)

"That was not news that Eddard Stark welcomed, but it was true enough that they needed help, and Littlefinger had been almost a brother to Cat once. It would not be the first time that Ned had been forced to make common cause with a man he despised. “Very well,” he said, thrusting the dagger into his belt. “You spoke of Varys. Does the eunuch know all of it?”"

AGoT p. 200

Archived