So who would you bend the knee to?

sam90

Assuming that you've just started to read A Storm of Swords, that you're in the context of the events going on and that the clash of kings has unfolded,

As a knight, hedgeknight, sellsword, or outlaws, Who would you bend the knee to?

A) Joffrey Baratheon, righful king of the Seven kingdom.

B ) Stannis Baratheon, rightful king since Joffrey is an incest, eldest brother after Robert Baratheon.

C: Robb Stark, The King In The North.

D) Deanerys Targaryen, last of the heir to the Targaryen and rightful Queen of the Seven kingdoms.

E) Balon Greyjoy, King of The Iron Island And The North.

F) Mance Ryder, King Beyond The Wall (though the free folks do not bend the knee..)

G) Beric Dondarion, I would sooner join the Brotherhood Without Banners.

I'd probably do the same as SkaggCannibal. Or I'd either go to Essos or Dorne and give them all the middle finger.

If I had to choose one though, I'd go with the Brotherhood without banners, I guess, before they start becoming complete wretches.

Depends on where I live. I think I'd just follow my liege lord, as that's the safest road. Even if he loses he gets punished and I'm not, as long as I bend the knee. Which I will.

Good point. I should have mentionned if you had the choice of the location you're from as a knight, hedge knight, sellswords or outlaws, who would you bend the knee to in the context of A Sword of Sword?

EDIT: I forgot Mance Ryder, so I added it to the list.

If I lived in the Northern half of Westeros it would definitely be Robb.

If in the Southern lands like the Reach, Crownlands, or Stormlands, it would be Stannis all the way.

Could never bow to Balon or Joffrey. Rather die.

And sorry, I like Mance but he's got no right to the throne.

I like the idea of going to Dorne, though the leadership there seems to be a bit weak.

!!!!!!!Spoiler is from AFFC so do not read if you have not finished ASOS!!!!!!!

I really liked the brotherhood without bannners, but after a little reading in AFFC

I hope that Dondarrion's band is not the ones donning the hounds helm and raiding villages and raping the populace

Stannis, the realm is his by rights. All in the name of Rhllor! You people should all kneel, and unite with His Grace, your petty disputes mean nothign when winter is upon us! Take shelter in the warmth of Rhllor!

I really want to say None of the Above, but out my love for all of the other Starks, I'd have to pick Robb.

Robb? Though he's won nearly all his battles on the field, the rest of the world practically unites against him. He breaks oaths, and makes poor decisions. I understand he's one of the protagonists, as a leader he puts himself into strange predicaments time and time again. like the whole rickard karstark thing, it nearly split his own forces against himself. way too much of a mama's boy in my opinion.

Stannis.

Agreed brother. And even if stannis wasnt a choice, the brotherhood without banners would be a second for me

(brotherhood follow bobby-b, and i think would follow stannis next by rights, if they knew what was going on).

Topics like these are always funny in the sense that we know waayyy more than everyone in the books ... we even put Varys to shame with the amount of inside info we have!

Nevertheless, as my Avatar suggests, from the get go I have 100% backed Stannis.

But this is in part due to how amazing the actors who portray Stannis/Melisandre/Davos are, how interesting Davos' chapters are in the books, how much more interesting R'hollor and the Fire religion is and a few other reasons aswell.

Although why I love the books more then the T.V show is that in the books, although only briefly, it is explained why people are so reluctant to have Stannis as King.

Essentially, he never forgives, he never forgets, and the half of the realm that supported Aerys, the Tyrells who besieged him at Storm's End, people who are morally shady like Littlefinger/Vary's and many, many more couldnt allow him to become King for their own sakes.

Even worse he now follows a God that is alien to the people of Westeros and actively burned sacred sites and effigies or the 7 Gods (and maybe a sacred wood of the Old Gods?)

I would have loved to have been able to support the Brotherhood Without Banners, but they turned out to be not what I was expecting. I originally thought with Arya's chapters that they would be common folk sick of suffering while the high lords played their personal games and so were kind of like a people's militia in the spirit of the English Peasant Revolt, but it turned out they aren't but I wont say any more in case thats spoilery.

So Stannis, is the Mannis for me .. oh and don't forget Melisandre and Davos by his side as well please :)

Robb? Though he's won nearly all his battles on the field, the rest of the world practically unites against him. He breaks oaths, and makes poor decisions. I understand he's one of the protagonists, as a leader he puts himself into strange predicaments time and time again. like the whole rickard karstark thing, it nearly split his own forces against himself. way too much of a mama's boy in my opinion.

My choice is Robb by the way this question is set-up.

Assuming that you've just started to read A Storm of Swords, that you're in the context of the events going on and that the clash of kings has unfolded,

As a knight, hedgeknight, sellsword, or outlaws, Who would you bend the knee to?

A) Joffrey Baratheon, righful king of the Seven kingdom.

B ) Stannis Baratheon, rightful king since Joffrey is an incest, eldest brother after Robert Baratheon.

C: Robb Stark, The King In The North.

D) Deanerys Targaryen, last of the heir to the Targaryen and rightful Queen of the Seven kingdoms.

E) Balon Greyjoy, King of The Iron Island And The North.

F) Mance Ryder, King Beyond The Wall (though the free folks do not bend the knee..)

G) Beric Dondarion, I would sooner join the Brotherhood Without Banners.

If I just started ASOS, I don't know all of that about Robb. Knowing what I know about him, of course, I wouldn't pick him b/c he fails miserably as a King. But at the beginning of ASOS, he still looks decent though the cracks are just beginning.

Stannis has lost a huge battle at this point so he's not looking so great. Dany has dragons but no army. Balon - no. Mance has charisma, but no real organization and control. Beric is basically seen as a ghost and Joffrey is well, Joffrey. So Robb looks pretty good at this point in the story.

Archived