So who would you bend the knee to?

sam90

Topics like these are always funny in the sense that we know waayyy more than everyone in the books ... we even put Varys to shame with the amount of inside info we have!

Nevertheless, as my Avatar suggests, from the get go I have 100% backed Stannis.

Assuming we were Westerosian pissants without inside knowledge, at the start of ASoS, likely I'd feel compelled to pledge to Joff.

I would think Beric, would turn and serve Stannis if Beric knew how robert died and how Stannis would be the rightful heir. Uniting Beric under Stannis would be awesome, yet still it would mean stannis is king. I still yield to stannis.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't bend the knee to any of them.

As I read, I start to find all the knee bending and being told what to do by the lords of Westeros not too far detached from being a slave in Essos.

The closest sides I would come to picking would be Beric's or one of the free folk - at least they both stand against the establishment.

I guess it would largely depend on where it is i'm coming from & who I am. But if I could just outright choose, I'd say I would defend the Starks because their cause was just. And victory against the Lannisters could have been theirs had the Vale joined their side.. HOWEVER, if that had in fact happened and the Starks defeated the Lannisters, would they have gone to war against Stannis next? Part of me doesn't think so because at the end of the day, Stannis is a Baratheon. It would have came close though, knowing Stannis' stubborn egotism.

I would bend the knee to Stannis, since he is actally the rightful heir, but I don't think I could cope with the amount of R'hllor followers; so I ain't bending nothing for Stannis.

It would have to be Robb. He was raised well by a good father, knows how to fight battles and is, in my opinion, fighting for the good of the realm.

As for Dany, no. I hate Targaryens.

Mance is epic, but I prefer Robb.

Lord Beric once again is a fervent believer of R'hllor so no. I also don't like the idea of sleeping in caves.

Joffrey is just a general B****.

Balons a bad***. He's that guy who does what he wants, but I wouldn't fit in with the lifestyle of Balon, nor would he be a great king.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived