Dany's Dragonriders

Mithras

I think Stannis and Mel, pushed to the point of desperation, will sacrifice Shireen to wake the stone dragon. Val may prove to be right, and Shireen's greyscale resumes. Mel will tell Stannis Shireen is dead anyway, and they might as well.

Unless her greyscale resumes, I dont think they will burn Shireen. If they are looking for king's blood, they have Gerrick Kingsblood. Even if he is not the current King-beyond-the-wall, he is a descendant of Raymun Redbeard. And I remember a quote where Selyse said Shireen is the heir of the IT so she must be well protected.

Unless her greyscale resumes, I dont think they will burn Shireen. If they are looking for king's blood, they have Gerrick Kingsblood. Even if he is not the current King-beyond-the-wall, he is a descendant of Raymun Redbeard. And I remember a quote where Selyse said Shireen is the heir of the IT so she must be well protected.

I think Selyse would be the one to sacrifice them while Stannis is gone. I don't think Selyse would go along with Shireen being sacrificed. I think it will be the first time she sides with Davos against Melisandre.

I think the only possible dragon woken form burning Gerrick and his son, is Jon, combined with Asha's sacrifice used by BranRaven.

• 1 month later...

It seems like every piece of evidence the OP shows in this thread hinges on the assumption that Victarion and Tyrion will be dragon riders, rather than proving that fact. I don't buy it.

:agree:

but you ll be pointed that Dragon Riders need to have unlist some valyrian blood....and Victarion doesnt have it at all.

That is correct TPATQ

we know that only dragonseeds can ride a dragon, as far as we know neither Victarion or Tyrion is one.

:agree:

That is correct TPATQ

we know that only dragonseeds can ride a dragon, as far as we know neither Victarion or Tyrion is one.

Hidden Targ or not, it is very likely that Tyrion has got two or more drops of dragon blood, through Eleana Targaryen and Vyserys Plumm. Check this:http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103904-lannisters-and-plumms/

Hidden Targ or not, it is very likely that Tyrion has got two or more drops of dragon blood, through Eleana Targaryen and Vyserys Plumm. Check this:http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103904-lannisters-and-plumms/

All I see it's about Plumms not Lannisters. A Targaryen princess was married to Ossifer Plumm and after his death gave birth to a child I don't see how Lannisters get in the mix from what we know so far, I have seen the link you send and I have dismissed because we haven't seen a Lannister-Plumm pairing so far.

I'd like to see that dragonbinder horn spectacularly fail, and Tyrion thinking he'll ride a dragon? Right now I'm reminded of how he couldn't even put the cloak on Sansa, so I hope if he'd ever try for one the dragon does the same and flies off, if not eat him.

I don't hate Tyrion at all, but the thought of him getting a dragon is ridiculous. Let Tywin's children be his.

All I see it's about Plumms not Lannisters. A Targaryen princess was married to Ossifer Plumm and after his death gave birth to a child I don't see how Lannisters get in the mix from what we know so far, I have seen the link you send and I have dismissed because we haven't sees a Lannister-Plumm pairing so far.

Fair enough. Instead of 'very likely' read 'possible'.

I'd like to see that dragonbinder horn spectacularly fail, and Tyrion thinking he'll ride a dragon? Right now I'm reminded of how he couldn't even put the cloak on Sansa, so I hope if he'd ever try for one the dragon does the same and flies off, if not eat him.

I don't hate Tyrion at all, but the thought of him getting a dragon is ridiculous. Let Tywin's children be his.

You mean the guy who designed a special saddle for Bran to ride a horse? TPatQ shows that the Targaryens used special saddles to ride their dragons too.

It seems like every piece of evidence the OP shows in this thread hinges on the assumption that Victarion and Tyrion will be dragon riders, rather than proving that fact. I don't buy it.

If I revert the order, like giving the quotes earlier and stating the result last, would that be more persuasive? If my assumptions do not contradict the quotes I gave later, this does not become a bad reasoning. Otherwise you have to throw all the theorems in maths to garbage.

I don't see Tyrion or Victorian being dragon riders and i am not convinced on many 3 heads of dragon theories.

Regardless of the wishes of fans, GRRM does what he wants to do. He is trying to write an unpredictable story yet he gives foreshadowing and clues.

@Paper Waver

It's not just that. You base the theory that Tyrion and Vic will be riders on the fact that Rhaegal and Viserion have a rivalry and that Tyrion and Vic could be potential rivals if they ever meet. That's not enough IMO.

All your points are noteworthy, but only under the assumption that the overall theory is correct. I personally don't see Tyrion or Vic as potential riders, let alone the both of them, so it's hard for me to get with this.

It's not just that. You base the theory that Tyrion and Vic will be riders on the fact that Rhaegal and Viserion have a rivalry and that Tyrion and Vic could be potential rivals if they ever meet. That's not enough IMO.

I can agree with the notion that the evidences could have been ordered better, but still they are all evidences and they support each other IMO. No matter what the order is, if you find some of them convincing, you should not have any difficulty about being willing to accept the others.

I did not base my theory merely under the assumption that Tyrion and Vic will be rivals. I am thinking about reorganizing the quotes to give a better understanding of the theory.

My main motivation is this: Both Tyrion and Victarion are on their way to Dany. There are many textual evidences for Tyrion being the rider of Viserion. Rhaegal's rider is not so clear at first glance. So I checked the incidents about these dragons' behaviour and saw it very likely that Tyrion will bond with Viserion and Victarion will somehow manage to ride Rhaegal. TPatQ made certain stuff clear for us. I also think Viserion will be wounded in the Battle of Meereen with an iron scorpion bolt. Tyrion will help him heal and by feeding sheeps to him, they will bond. I will add these quotes too.

What you describe as a red herring doesn't fit the definition. A red herring has to be explicitly stated or presented. I think that clue of Moqorro seeing the flames that await Victarion goes in the same vein as later in the same chapter where Victarion told the girls before they were sacrificed of the honor that awaited them. I think it will be Drogon that does for him not Rhaegal.

The fool was all that he had time to think as the quarrel caromed off Viserion's neck to vanish in the gloom. A line of fire gleamed in its wake dragon's blood, glowing gold and red.

Viserion's blood is described using the colors of House Lannister. This occurs when Viserion is fired at with a crossbow, something Tyrion has used and relates to using often throughout ADwD. Viserion eats the crossbowman.

Rhaegal, still unchained, was gnawing on the carcass of a bull

Victarion has been described as a bull since ACoK, so with Viserion eating a crossbowman and Tyrion possibly riding him, Rhaegal eating a bull could foreshadow Victarion getting Rhaegal.

And Drogon eats a girl and is ridden by Dany?

The OP is fascinating. I think that the kind of parallel storytelling he describes is echoed all over the text. But Victarion? Maybe.

But what if the bull was Gendry, great, great grandson of Aegon the Unlikely. He's a long way from the dragons. But most of the qualities attributed to Vic in the OP are shared by Gendry. He's much more of a green boy than Vic. He's nearly as gullible. And his rigid style of thinking would clash with Tyrion's moral flexibility.

I'm not committing to anything. GRRM plants a lot more red herrings than useful clues.

Archived