Dany's Dragonriders

Mithras

• 3 weeks later...

Great theory!

However, I don't care as long as Jon and Bran warg into the dragons and the riders loose control. Warg Power!! :cool4:

I think Dany would freak out! :lmao:

I had the same thought. This is slightly off topic but what if by the time Dany reach Westeros (which could be 10 years later lol) the Stark children (Jon included) had fully developed their wargging abilities. Dany and her dragons comes flying above thinking they'll take Westeros but Bran, Jon and Arya or Rickon wargs the dragons, make them eat their riders (poor Dany) and destroy Dany's army. Being that Jon could be half Targ and half Stark, I see it pretty fitting that he ends up with a dragon and dire wolf which could perhaps end up becoming his house sigil.

Back on topic Dany's rider could be Tyrion and Daario.

I'd like to see Tyrion riding a dragon but not so much Victarion, I hope Jorah rides Rhaegal.

I don't think Jorah is long for this world.

The dragonhorn binding Rhaegal to Victarion could be akin to Varamyr's warging bond with the bear. The bear hated him, and raged every time he wore her skin, but he still had control over her to the point the he could ride her. Instead of mutually beneficial relationship between man and beast, it was more master and slave. Rhaegal could hate Victarion, but still be enslaved via the horn.

What?

The blacksmiths bastard wasn't said to have any dragon blood, nettles either.

Where is it said that they didn't have any dragonblood?

I don't think Jorah is long for this world.

The dragonhorn binding Rhaegal to Victarion could be akin to Varamyr's warging bond with the bear. The bear hated him, and raged every time he wore her skin, but he still had control over her to the point the he could ride her. Instead of mutually beneficial relationship between man and beast, it was more master and slave. Rhaegal could hate Victarion, but still be enslaved via the horn.

Where is it said that they didn't have any dragonblodd?

Nobody knows if they are, no confirmation (how could they ever truly know, basically) , and i call BS on the fact that Nettles, Ulf and Hugh are all dragon seed.

I think it's just an excuse Targaryens used so people would think only Targs can ride a dragon.

More of an opinion, of course.

Nobody knows if they are, no confirmation (how could they ever truly know, basically) , and i call BS on the fact that Nettles, Ulf and Hugh are all dragon seed.

I think it's just an excuse Targaryens used so people would think only Targs can ride a dragon.

More of an opinion, of course.

Hugh the hammer, is said to be most likely a dragonseed. Ulf the white and Nettles on the other hand....

yes, i agree, either dragons have only a preference for "masters" with dragon blood, or its just plain BS.. A myth probably invented by targaryens to keep dragon monopoly.. a dragon non proliferation policy if you wil.

A myth probably invented by targaryens to keep dragon monopoly.

Or the Citadel might be involved in this too. Why should they let it known widely that anyone can ride a dragon? Maybe Septon Barth's book was banned for this reason and they produced obviously false dragon books to let this knowledge be forgotten.

Or the Citadel might be involved in this too. Why should they let it known widely that anyone can ride a dragon? Maybe Septon Barth's book was banned for this reason and they produced obviously false dragon books to let this knowledge be forgotten.

that might also be the case...

the fact that Valyrians were sheep herding folk before taming dragons, sounds like a hint towards Nettles taming sheepstealer..

Looks like its shaping up to be Dany on Drogo, Jon on Rhaegal, and Tyrion on Viserion.

Tbh, I don't see any clues pointing to Jon riding Rhaegal. I think Rhaegal is the wild card. He may be ridden first by Victarion in Meereen, and then by Arianne during the second Dance. I think the clues point more strongly to Jon mounting Drogon. Both are black dragons so to speak, and there are parallels between him and Drogon. Both are stabbed in similar areas with their blood described as smoking. Drogon has black blood while a man of the NW's blood is described as black when he takes his vows.

that might also be the case...

the fact that Valyrians were sheep herding folk before taming dragons, sounds like a hint towards Nettles taming sheepstealer..

I think the dragons definitely can sense the dragon blood, but they can also be coerced like Nettles did. PATQ does not give us info to determine if Nettles and Ulf were or were not dragonseeds. but it does show how hard it is to tame a dragon. I wish we could have seen Vhagar get passed down to Aemond, obviously Vhagar belonged to other targs before Aemond, I would just like to know if he had to 'tame' Vhagar to accept him, or if he was just able to hop right on?

I think the dragons definitely can sense the dragon blood, but they can also be coerced like Nettles did. PATQ does not give us info to determine if Nettles and Ulf were or were not dragonseeds. but it does show how hard it is to tame a dragon. I wish we could have seen Vhagar get passed down to Aemond, obviously Vhagar belonged to other targs before Aemond, I would just like to know if he had to 'tame' Vhagar to accept him, or if he was just able to hop right on?

well we do know that dragons that belonged to previous riders, are easier to tame after their original master is dead..

Not unlike beasts that have been warged in the past...

I'm not convinced that Vic will be a rider, not a long-term one, anyway. I mean, he's a fun character, but he's rather simple, and his only motivations for getting dragons are power and getting back at Euron. There's nothing special about him. If he does manage to bind a dragon, he'll probably do something really stoopid and get himself roasted, or he'll be a dick to Dany and get roasted by her, or he'll try to overpower Euron and get outsmarted AND roasted by him. Whatever happens, Victarion wil most likely end up a charred corpse by the end of the series.

How does the horn work, anyway? Surely, the dragons will bind to the person that blows the horn, not the owner of the horn? If it's the latter, then Vic still wouldn't get the dragons, because the horn belongs to Euron. In fact, Euron's probably magicked the horn, or Vic, to ensure this.

Missing from the OP is any defense of how Tyrion could be Targ. If Vic is a dragonrider then you're working in a world where dragonblood isn't necessary. But for those of us who are more sold on T than Vic I offer a couple of thoughts.

Mad K was hot for Tyrion's moms.

Tywin slept with Shae to get even with Aerys' ghost.

Tyrion always thought dad resented him for being a dwarf.

Tywin won't let Tyrion rule Casterly Rock.

As a boy Tyrion dreamed of riding a dragon. The skulls in the crypt were beautiful.

Dany thinks that dragons like her don't get sick. Tyrion was exposed to both dysentery and greyscale without being touched. Yea, I know about the great spring sickness but if there's no living dragons then it's hard to say who's a dragonrider.

Tyrion is sharp like Jon and Dany. And like them he has a basic sense of compassion.

Another piece of evidence is that Tyrion has light blonde hair, and one black eye (purple eyes can look black, like fAegon's).

Personally, I subscribe to the A+J=T theory, but I'm ambivilent towards him being a dragonrider. On one hand, Tyrion is more of a thinker than a warrior, so I'd be much more comfortable with him playing the game for Dany (I think his Cyvass games and Moqorro's "A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of it all" point to this). On the other hand, I'm even less comfortable with anyone else, other than Jon, having a dragon, especially the non-Targs. It kinda takes the specialness out of Targaryens, the three-headed dragon stuff, and dragonriding, if anyone could do it. Though, it would be a funny reveal - all that sister f**king would have been for nothing!

The more I look at Vic, the more he looks like dragon food.

Vic is an all day sucker, and Euron's a con-artist.

If you think Vic is carrying a majical horn with him, you're as big a maroon as he is.

And btw, Moqorro is playing Vic the same way Mel is playing Stannis. Unless you also believe Stannis is AAR.

I really hope an IB doesn't get a dragon, none have proven themselves smart enough or sane enough to handle that kind of power

I hope they do for exactly that reason. It would be fun to see Victarion or Euron get a fire-breathing lizard and really screw things up.

That said, when Dany (finally) heads west, I think Tryion and Brown Ben Plumm will be the other two dragonriders. I think Tyrion is Tywin's son but that doesn't mean he can't have some Valyrian blood by a more distant ancestor.

Archived