Dany's Dragonriders

Mithras

• 1 month later...

The white cyvasse dragon ended up at Tyrion's feet

Another hint Tyrion will get Viserion.

the white dragon had flown back to its lair above Meereen. The green still prowled, soaring in wide circles above the city and the bay on great green wings.

The green beast circling above the bay, banking and turning as longships and galleys clashed and burned below him

Viserion has flown back to his lair while Rhaegal is flying above the longships, so if the dragonhorn is blown, Rhaegal will likely be the one affected by it.

• 1 month later...

the white dragon had flown back to its lair above Meereen. The green still prowled, soaring in wide circles above the city and the bay on great green wings.

The green beast circling above the bay, bankign and turning as longships and galleys clashed and burned below him

Viserion has flown back to his lair while Rhaegal is flying above the longships, so if the dragonhorn is blown, Rhaegal will likely be the one affected by it.

Agreed. GRRM cannot be more explicit in his foreshadowing than this. It is as obvious as "kings hiding under Snow" from AGoT. Also Tyrion grabs and throws the dragon to the air, which points he will heal him and make him fly again.

I had a crazy idea too. What if the dragons can't be warged? What if the attempt by a child of the forest to warg a dragon 8000 years ago had the reverse effect, allowing a dragon to warg the child of the forest, and creating the first Other? I think that would fit in with the themes of ASOIAF nicely. A dragon is not a slave. Ice and fire are power and agency / free will. One obtaining power necessarily takes free will / agency from someone else, making slavery (and rape) actually important manifestations of the themes of the series.

I just had a crazy idea. What if one of the dragons catches greyscale?!!? And turns into a stone dragon, like the stone men?? lol just thought i"d say it.

I think Viserion might catch pale mare from the corpses he ate in his greed without burning them enough to kill the bacteria. Then he can temporarily turn into a poop dragon. I am serious. Tyrion cared for the Yellow Whale in his sickness, I think he will take care of Viserion as well.

I'd like to see Tyrion riding a dragon but not so much Victarion, I hope Jorah rides Rhaegal.

A dark green dragon for green-clad Jorah, and bronze is for First men.

What if the dragon-riding ability comes with imprint (the first person (and maybe the second and third too ) seen by the hatchling becomes its parent) and/or with the certain colour the person wears...?

I think Viserion might catch pale mare from the corpses he ate in his greed without burning them enough to kill the bacteria. Then he can temporarily turn into a poop dragon. I am serious. Tyrion cared for the Yellow Whale in his sickness, I think he will take care of Viserion as well.

haha, I guess. Isnt there something about real-dragons not being able to get sick? I know they are completely fireproof.

What you said made me LOL though, I tend to think he is wounded in some way and Tyrion will have to help him, but a dragon with the runs? oh that's funny.

but a dragon with the runs? oh that's funny.

I think it befits the fate of Tyrion. While Victarion is soaring with Rhaegal, Tyrion will have to remove the shit under his sick dragon with spades and buckets.

I had a crazy idea too. What if the dragons can't be warged? What if the attempt by a child of the forest to warg a dragon 8000 years ago had the reverse effect, allowing a dragon to warg the child of the forest, and creating the first Other? I think that would fit in with the themes of ASOIAF nicely. A dragon is not a slave. Ice and fire are power and agency / free will. One obtaining power necessarily takes free will / agency from someone else, making slavery (and rape) actually important manifestations of the themes of the series.

Intriguing but there's one thing that troubles me about this idea. How does a fire being warging a forest being create an ice being? Sounds rather...impossible, which sounds odd considering our subject matter. ;)

The green beast circling above the bay, banking and turning as longships and galleys clashed and burned below him

Um, blowing the dragonhorn doesn't seem to make a difference. If Moqorro is right, the dragons are bound to the person who has claimed it in blood (I think that means kill the true owner, like with the Elderwand in HP). I don't think it's necessary to sound the horn at all.

But I agree that he is the one most likely to turn.

Um, blowing the dragonhorn doesn't seem to make a difference. If Moqorro is right, the dragons are bound to the person who has claimed it in blood (I think that means kill the true owner, like with the Elderwand in HP). I don't think it's necessary to sound the horn at all.

But I agree that he is the one most likely to turn.

Why is it necessary to make it a horn that kills people if one only needs to have blood put on the glyphs? Gaining control over a dragon using magical means would likely require a life like most powerful sorceries rooted in fire and blood. The horn likely needs to be blown with the blood of the owner on the glyphs, and the life to pay for the bonding.

Why is it necessary to make it a horn that kills people if one only needs to have blood put on the glyphs? Gaining control over a dragon using magical means would likely require a life like most powerful sorceries rooted in fire and blood. The horn likely needs to be blown with the blood of the owner on the glyphs, and the life to pay for the bonding.

yeah that's what I think too. It is a blood sacrifice on the part of the blower, and the reward is a subservient dragon.

Intriguing but there's one thing that troubles me about this idea. How does a fire being warging a forest being create an ice being? Sounds rather...impossible, which sounds odd considering our subject matter. ;)

The physics of it doesn't matter, it's the metaphor that's important to magic. Personal agency becomes power if you take away someone else's agency. Fire becomes ice.

Who said anything about putting blood on the glyphs? I certainly didn't.

Death pays for life, not for bonding. Moqorro is the one who said blowing it doesn't bind the dragons.

Archived