Dany's Dragonriders

Mithras

Who said anything about putting blood on the glyphs? I certainly didn't.

Death pays for life, not for bonding. Moqorro is the one who said blowing it doesn't bind the dragons.

Is that what he said? I thought it was about to become master of the horn you have to claim it with blood.

Who said anything about putting blood on the glyphs? I certainly didn't.

Death pays for life, not for bonding. Moqorro is the one who said blowing it doesn't bind the dragons.

It is in the TWoW Victarion chapter released. Death doesn't pay exclusively for life, as Mel supposedly used Alester's death for good winds to blow them to the Wall.

One green eye and one black one peered out from under a lank fall of hair so blond it seemed white.

Her hair had burned away in Drogo’s pyre, so her handmaids garbed her in the skin of the hrakkar Drogo had slain, the white lion of the Dothraki sea. Its fearsome head made a hood to cover her naked scalp, its pelt a cloak that flowed across her shoulders and down her back. The cream-colored dragon sunk sharp black claws into the lion’s mane and coiled its tail around her arm, while Ser Jorah took his accustomed place by her side.

Tyrion’s hair is so blonde that it seems white. I think the mention of Viserion and the white lion together is another clue pointing that Tyrion the White Lion will ride Viserion. Here it seems that Viserion is clinging to the lion’s pelt as if riding it because it was no more than a wormling back then. In TWoW, he will be quite capable of carrying Tyrion on his back.

“Viserys says he could sweep the Seven Kingdoms with ten thousand Dothraki screamers.”

Ser Jorah snorted. “Viserys could not sweep a stable with ten thousand brooms.”

Dany could not pretend to surprise at the disdain in his tone. “What… what if it were not Viserys?” she asked. “If it were someone else who led them? Someone stronger? Could the Dothraki truly conquer the Seven Kingdoms?”

Viserys was weak and he could not survive the Dothraki way. If he was not a douche, he could have earned the respect of the Dothraki and Drogo might really give him some thousands of screamers.

“The cream-and-gold I call Viserion. Viserys was cruel and weak and frightened, yet he was my brother still. His dragon will do what he could not.

So, the dragon of Viserys is supposed to do what he could not, i.e. be respected by the Dothraki and lead them to battle.

“Meat is meat,” Bronn said with a shrug. “The Dothraki like horse more than beef or pork.”

“Do you take me for a Dothraki?” Tyrion asked sourly. The Dothraki ate horse, in truth; they also left deformed children out for the feral dogs who ran behind their khalasars. Dothraki customs had scant appeal for him.

Tyrion told this way before he was able to impress the clansmen and gain their loyalty. I think Tyrion will have to stick with the Dothraki and earn their respect as well, especially after he rides Viserion. Dany’s khalassar will join with her people taking the demon road to Volantis. Tyrion will be with them.

Tyrion understood that quick enough. Alone amongst the major river towns, Selhorys stood upon the eastern bank of the Rhoyne, making it much more vulnerable to the horselords than its sister towns across the river. Even so, it is a small prize. If I were khal, I would feint at Selhorys, let the Volantenes rush to defend it, then swing south and ride hard for Volantis itself.

In ADwD, Tyrion at some point thought like a khal and he figured out a good plan to take Volantis, which he will carry out.

“The day you defeat me at cyvasse will be the day turtles crawl out my arse.”

Haldon removed the screen. Each of them contemplated the other’s opening array. “You are learning,” the Halfmaester said.

Tyrion almost grabbed his dragon but thought better of it. Last game he had brought her out too soon and lost her to a trebuchet.

He moved his light horse toward Haldon’s mountains.

Haldon answered with an elephant.

Tyrion moved up his heavy horse to support the light.

The Halfmaester moved his spears.

Tyrion stretched a hand out for his dragon.

“Yollo,” Duck called. “Where’s Haldon?”

“He’s taken to his bed, in some discomfort. There are turtles crawling out his arse.”

This is the first time Tyrion was able to defeat Haldon in cyvasse. Haldon plays defensive and responsive whereas Tyrion takes initiative.

Tyrion will send his light horse (Dothraki) stiffened by his heavy horse (Second Sons, Storm Crows, Windblown and other sellsword companies) to Selhorys. The elephants will take the bait and send everything to defend Selhorys. Then, Tyrion will swing around the defenders and head Volantis.

I also think that, by the time Tyrion’s cavalry hits Volantis, Victarion will attack the harbor with Dany’s whole Fleet and the city will be sacked. This will be a ground shaking news for everyone.

snip

That is what I think as well the tigers on the Volantene fleet will defect, and that is how Tyrion will take Volantis. We may see it later to take Oldtown from the greens, feinting at another location to draw forces away from the city. Although, I think clues point to Victarion dying in the Dothraki Sea.

“Viserys says he could sweep the Seven Kingdoms with ten thousand Dothraki screamers.”

Ser Jorah snorted. “Viserys could not sweep a stable with ten thousand brooms.”

Dany could not pretend to surprise at the disdain in his tone. “What… what if it were not Viserys?” she asked. “If it were someone else who led them? Someone stronger? Could the Dothraki truly conquer the Seven Kingdoms?”

Viserys was weak and he could not survive the Dothraki way. If he was not a douche, he could have earned the respect of the Dothraki and Drogo might really give him some thousands of screamers.

“The cream-and-gold I call Viserion. Viserys was cruel and weak and frightened, yet he was my brother still. His dragon will do what he could not.

So, the dragon of Viserys is supposed to do what he could not, i.e. be respected by the Dothraki and lead them to battle.

“Meat is meat,” Bronn said with a shrug. “The Dothraki like horse more than beef or pork.”

“Do you take me for a Dothraki?” Tyrion asked sourly. The Dothraki ate horse, in truth; they also left deformed children out for the feral dogs who ran behind their khalasars. Dothraki customs had scant appeal for him.

Tyrion told this way before he was able to impress the clansmen and gain their loyalty. I think Tyrion will have to stick with the Dothraki and earn their respect as well, especially after he rides Viserion. Dany’s khalassar will join with her people taking the demon road to Volantis. Tyrion will be with them.

Tyrion understood that quick enough. Alone amongst the major river towns, Selhorys stood upon the eastern bank of the Rhoyne, making it much more vulnerable to the horselords than its sister towns across the river. Even so, it is a small prize. If I were khal, I would feint at Selhorys, let the Volantenes rush to defend it, then swing south and ride hard for Volantis itself.

In ADwD, Tyrion at some point thought like a khal and he figured out a good plan to take Volantis, which he will carry out.

“The day you defeat me at cyvasse will be the day turtles crawl out my arse.”

Haldon removed the screen. Each of them contemplated the other’s opening array. “You are learning,” the Halfmaester said.

Tyrion almost grabbed his dragon but thought better of it. Last game he had brought her out too soon and lost her to a trebuchet.

He moved his light horse toward Haldon’s mountains.

Haldon answered with an elephant.

Tyrion moved up his heavy horse to support the light.

The Halfmaester moved his spears.

Tyrion stretched a hand out for his dragon.

“Yollo,” Duck called. “Where’s Haldon?”

“He’s taken to his bed, in some discomfort. There are turtles crawling out his arse.”

This is the first time Tyrion was able to defeat Haldon in cyvasse. Haldon plays defensive and responsive whereas Tyrion takes initiative.

Tyrion will send his light horse (Dothraki) stiffened by his heavy horse (Second Sons, Storm Crows, Windblown and other sellsword companies) to Selhorys. The elephants will take the bait and send everything to defend Selhorys. Then, Tyrion will swing around the defenders and head Volantis.

I also think that, by the time Tyrion’s cavalry hits Volantis, Victarion will attack the harbor with Dany’s whole Fleet and the city will be sacked. This will be a ground shaking news for everyone.

There is no way he will finish in 2 more books! Impossible!^^^^^ this is all before Dany/Tyrion even get to Westeros.

Dany has control of one, count em, one dragon.

There may be other dragon riders in the series but I highly doubt they'll be "Dany's".

True. The dragons make the choice of who will ride them. And being essentially in the teenager stage of development, they won't be asking for Mama's approval.

It is in the TWoW Victarion chapter released. Death doesn't pay exclusively for life, as Mel supposedly used Alester's death for good winds to blow them to the Wall.

I must find this chapter and read it. Have to find out if Moqorro is involved in putting blood on the glyphs or that's just Vic's idea.

Is that what he said? I thought it was about to become master of the horn you have to claim it with blood.

He did say something about how blowing doesn't bind them, after Vic told him about the guy who blew it on Pyke. I'll have to look it up for the exact quote.

• 1 year later...

Good point, Lady Blzzardborn, my oversight.  But I doubt GRRM would be willing to simply repeat a point from JRRT. Or would he? I wonder.

Yes, I doubt that too, but it's a possibility and certainly better than [spoiler] how the show had Dany respond to valar morghulis by saying "yes, but we are not men." [/spoiler]

That's why I'm more inclined to believe that it's about ownership and the horn doesn't actually need to be blown.  I have this head-canon (probably wrong but oddles of fun) that the dragons are bound to the horn's rightful owner and that it's a Targaryen horn, passed down through the female line--thus the necessity of marrying the sisters--and so belongs to Dany.  Throw in an Elderwand homage and to claim the dragons and Vic or Euron must kill Dany.  It would be fun to see what the Greyjoy boys would think of that little wrinkle in their respective plans.

I think if it was as simple as putting blood on the glyphs and chanting or something, then the warlocks of Qarth would have stolen the dragons while they were still IN Quarth.  But if killing the owner gives them power over the horn and thus power over the dragons, it explains a lot about that final scene in the HotU.  Or it could just be the Undying feed on human souls in general and they thought they'd get the dragons without needing a horn.

No one is going to ride any dragons unless the name is daenerys targaryen the dragon with three heads

Its only one dragon to one dragonrider. Dany can't ride all three.

Its only one dragon to one dragonrider. Dany can't ride all three.

In the past yes one for one sure

but no one has never had been given three dragon eggs

no one hatched them by sacrificing their dear ones and walking into fire

and no one has never been called mother of dragons

no one had similarities with three dragons and name them after their dear ones and didnt feed or raised them from start

and no one has been called as child of three

in the past..

Tbh, I don't see any clues pointing to Jon riding Rhaegal. I think Rhaegal is the wild card. He may be ridden first by Victarion in Meereen, and then by Arianne during the second Dance. I think the clues point more strongly to Jon mounting Drogon. Both are black dragons so to speak, and there are parallels between him and Drogon. Both are stabbed in similar areas with their blood described as smoking. Drogon has black blood while a man of the NW's blood is described as black when he takes his vows.

I personally think Rhaegal dies. Jom will mount a dragon but it wont be one of Daenery's dragons. His will be older and larger.

No one is going to ride any dragons unless the name is daenerys targaryen the dragon with three heads

Now that she has bonded with Drogon, her hold on the other two dragons will probably be fragile. She can't ride and control all three of them at once, I think her story has been pointing that out.

02Now that she02has bonded with Drogon, her hold on the other two dragons02will probably02be fragile. She can't ride and control all three of them at once, I think her story has been pointing that out.

I didnt see that at all

i saw rhaegal and viserian looking for their mother when quentyn tried to steel them

i believed in jon riding rhaegal and tyrion viserian but after rereading the books again and again ..i dont think anyone will ride them other than dany

both books and show are full of dany and her dragons as three headed dragon symbolism

Archived