A Storm of Swords {video game mod} HELP

Vagman

For all those who don't know what a mod is : "Mod, short for modification is a term generally applied to a customised (or altered) computer game made by the general public. A mod can range from a total conversion with new gameplay, look and feel through to minor alterations which could include new models, weapons, maps etc. There are plenty of types and tons of styles, a mod can be anything the creators want it to be." modb definition of a mod.

Well now that you know what a mod is, it is time to tell you that I would like to create a modification for Medieval 2 Total War : Kingdoms, which is going to take place in the North of Westeros ( all lands adove moat cailin and maybe the lands beyond the wall ) starting from the events of the second part of Storm of Swords, when half of the North is controlled by the Greyjoys , Stannis marches against the Wildling etc etc you know !

I want my mod to be a job well done and I have just finished reading Feast for Crows ( so please keep the discussion spoiler free ). Problem is I don't remember that well every important House in the North that clear, which castles they hold etc during SoS. So I need the help of the hardcore fanbase to help me make the mod lore wise.

What I need from you is to write everything you know about the North and its houses at that time or give me a usefull link, or direct me to a dependable text about the North or in an other way you think it may help.

Thank you very much in advance.

Is this mod for vanilla medieval 2 or kingdoms?

Your factions should be: Boltons ( easy, with lots of troops, position e.c.t.) House Glover ( very hard difficulty,) House Tallhart ( medium), Starks of Winterfell ( since Rob is south, their faction leader would be Bran, main leader is Rodrick Casse-medium difficulty.) Greyjoys ( easy,) and maybe Manderlys ( easy), Hornwood ( very hard) and Karstarks ( medium) .

I assume each faction will have almost identical units, so you'll need to find ways to make each campaign different.

Also, where does it start? Does it stark mid Clash of Kings ( my recommendation) when the ironborn land? Can you have hypothetical scenario where Rob starks passes through the twins and returns to the North?

Also, here is a map and castles:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/c/cd/The_North2.jpg

Tallhart: Torrhens square

Hornwood: Hornwood

Bolton: Dreadfort ( armies on border of hornwood land)

Starks: Winterfell+ castle cerwyn

Manderly: Whiteharbour

Karstarks: Karhold

Glover: Deppwood motte

Greyjoys: armies located along coast.

Above all thanks for your help

1) It will be based on kingdoms. Maybe it will be a submod of Westeros Total War

2) Interesting factions, but Starks are out and I will add Stannis, Wildlings and Night's Watch. I think it will be four sides but alliances are going to mix. We have

a) Wildlings

b) Stannis & Night's Watch ( but Stannis may side with the Wildlings to fight the rest of the enemies )

c) Loyal to the Crown ( Boltons, Manderly )

d) Greyjoys

e) Loyal to the Starks ( rest northen houses, they may fight for their own though )

f) Neutral

Different winning conditions for every faction. But most will have to dominate most of the North, and either find and kill the Stark boys or save them.

There are also going to be some non playable clans, mainly as mercenaries. Moreover, units can be different. Like Night's Watch rangers, Red Priestess' cavalry or even drowned men.

3) It will start after the Red Wedding and I won't necessarely follow the original scenario ( no spoiler, plz ). The Greyjoys are going to have Stoney shore, Deepwood Motte ( Asha ) and Moat Cailin with most of their men there and Victarion. Roose Bolton will try to pass Moat Cailin with a powerfull host, as Ramsey holds the Dreadfort. Stannis will march on the Wall, as the Wilding will do ( there will be some beyond-the-wall small cities ) and the Night's Watch will try to protect the North. I haven't yet thought of what the objectives for the Stark and Crown Loyalist alliance could be. There will also be dooted Karstark troops at the Neck.

4) Nice map !

Your help is very much appreciated, but what I really need is cultural and lore information for most of the powers at the North during that time.

Thanks !

Above all thanks for your help

1) It will be based on kingdoms. Maybe it will be a submod of Westeros Total War

2) Interesting factions, but Starks are out and I will add Stannis, Wildlings and Night's Watch. I think it will be four sides but alliances are going to mix. We have

a) Wildlings

B) Stannis & Night's Watch ( but Stannis may side with the Wildlings to fight the rest of the enemies )

c) Loyal to the Crown ( Boltons, Manderly )

d) Greyjoys

e) Loyal to the Starks ( rest northen houses, they may fight for their own though )

f) Neutral

Different winning conditions for every faction. But most will have to dominate most of the North, and either find and kill the Stark boys or save them.

There are also going to be some non playable clans, mainly as mercenaries. Moreover, units can be different. Like Night's Watch rangers, Red Priestess' cavalry or even drowned men.

3) It will start after the Red Wedding and I won't necessarely follow the original scenario ( no spoiler, plz ). The Greyjoys are going to have Stoney shore, Deepwood Motte ( Asha ) and Moat Cailin with most of their men there and Victarion. Roose Bolton will try to pass Moat Cailin with a powerfull host, as Ramsey holds the Dreadfort. Stannis will march on the Wall, as the Wilding will do ( there will be some beyond-the-wall small cities ) and the Night's Watch will try to protect the North. I haven't yet thought of what the objectives for the Stark and Crown Loyalist alliance could be. There will also be dooted Karstark troops at the Neck.

4) Nice map !

Your help is very much appreciated, but what I really need is cultural and lore information for most of the powers at the North during that time.

Thanks !

Ah! This is more ADWD than storm of swords...but anywhoo....

I like the 4 allience idea: The wildlings, Stannis, Bolton and Stark loyalists.

Beware though- the winds of winter submod has a similar setup ( although thats whole of westeros, and this looks more interesting.) You may wish to take a leaf from that mod, and all of the Reek chapters in ADWD.

As to who is where:

"Wildcard factions:" Manderlys ( Cavalry based, more southron looking, worship the seven and most economically powerful due to whiteharbour.)

Wildlings: commanders: Mance+ Tormund ( at castle Black.) The weeper is at the Shadow tower. Lots of light cavalry, light infantry, easily routed and no heavy infantry ( except giants.)

More info when i have it!

Archived