Should Robb's Bannerman Have Deposed Him

Tywin Manderly

I think that the riverlords joining Robb was more of a emotional move than anything.It was clear they didn't want a Lannister king, and they didn't come to an agreement, so why choose Robb?He has less power than Renly. I think that they joined him because they hate the Lannisters, Robb captured Jaime, and because he helped them out. But logically, it really made more sense to join Renly imo.

Robb was supposed as powerful as Renly. The vales help was a given. Lysa was her aunt, sister of Edmure and Cat, and the one who made Tywin attack imprisoning the Imp.

On what grounds, being a 16 year old boy? I'm amazed at how many guys on this forum claim THEY would have passed up easy sex at 16. Marrying her wasn't politically smart or politically the right move but for him it was morally right. And truth be told it wasn't the disaster everyone makes it out to be. The Frey's loyalty was dubious at best, it was just a matter of time before they jumped ship anyway. Like the old saying goes, if it wasn't this it would be something else.

Why not? They would have been destroyed by Aegon and his dragons. Bending the knee was the smart thing to do. It saved thousands of lives, and they kept the same amount of land. They just had to stop calling themselves kings, and pay some taxes. Probably worth it to save all those lives I'd say.

Winterfell would have stopped the Dragonfire, the walls are magical.

Archived