Teaser Trailer Released

Westeros

The problem with this is that it won't be a surprise for the audience, given that they made the decision to head north so obvious at the end of last season, and made a complete hash of it to boot. I'm not a Stannis fan, but I'm worried that the damage they've done to his character may be irreversible.

I don't know. The Unsullied seems to have changed their minds about Jaime now, even though he killed his cousin in season two.

I don't know. The Unsullied seems to have changed their minds about Jaime now, even though he killed his cousin in season two.

Jaime was painted with tragic sympathy in Season 3 though, and that was smooth because it was a natural development for his character that wasn't inconsistent with his previous material. Stannis, meanwhile, has had his character warped out of shape, and now his development would look odd and inconsistent.

I really don't get what the Stannis stans are afraid of? Once Stannis offers Jon legitimisation and Winterfell he will be loved by the show audience forever and ever (won't even matter if D&D make Stannis eat babies in between). Might backfire on poor Jon though. I can see it now: OMG THAT FUCKING DUMBASS! WHY HE NOT TAKE OFFER?1!!!11

I really don't get what the Stannis stans are afraid of? Once Stannis offers Jon legitimisation and WInterfell he will be loved by the show audience forever and ever (won't even matter if D&D make Stannis eat babies in between). Might backfire on poor Jon though. I can see it now: OMG THAT FUCKING DUMBASS! WHY HE NOT TAKE OFFER?1!!!11

or Knowing D&D they'll make the Stannis the evil one here by saying he needs to kill Sam for it because Stannis hates the fatties, you never know.

Looks fantastic.

The fights and battles are going to be epic.

Hopefully Ramsay will be portrayed more as a character the audience really hates and is repulsed by (misogyny, hunting etc), like Joffrey, instead being a wise cracking angry, evil hobbit and being 'cool'. And wonder if they'll CGI Theon's body/deterioration.

After Battle

Arya

Cersei

Daario

Dany's Crew

Feast

Fire

Giant

Jon

Rider

Baratheon Riders

Tyrion

Wedding

is that stone in Daario's hand? I hope he won't defeat champion by throwing stones at him

The scene where Davos shows Stannis the letter from the Night's Watch asking for help. It was in the finale, but it got changed to Stannis first ordering Gendry's death, and then believing Davos because Melisandre said so.

What you mean it got changed?? For the DVD release? That would be incredible news in my opinion...

Well D&D are going to have to change something in regards to Stannis and Jon because there is no news on any Val character. So, who exactly will Stannis be offering up as a wife for Jon?

The only reported newly cast female that is in the area and story of the wall is Jane McGrarh who is playing a Wilding woman, who presumably is at Craster's. Maybe THAT is the answer. Whoever she is playing is taking the place of Val. I don't know, but someone has to be offered up as a wife or it doesn't work. And they can't skip it. They just can't.

Well D&D are going to have to change something in regards to Stannis and Jon because there is no news on any Val character. So, who exactly will Stannis be offering up as a wife for Jon?

Strictly speaking, I don't think it's necessary for Stannis to offer Jon a wife. Winterfell is enough.

Agreed. Especially if he wears a helmet. Easy peasy.

Another option would be to perform the fight in what is effectively slow motion and then speed it up in post-production. CGI like they did with Christopher Lee in Star Wars could work, though that would be pretty expensive, plus you run the risk of it looking as terrible as it did in Star Wars.

Another option would be to perform the fight in what is effectively slow motion and then speed it up in post-production. CGI like they did with Christopher Lee in Star Wars could work, though that would be pretty expensive, plus you run the risk of it looking as terrible as it did in Star Wars.

Yeah, budget-wise I think you're right. Helmet would be much easier. Or him fighting in small doses while those around him do most of the work while he "fights off camera"...which would kind of suck considering we want to see one of the most skilled swordsmen at work.

I'm hoping for helmet. Saves money for other scenes, and they can have him do some crazy action with someone who knows what he's doing while wearing Selmy's armor.

And crap, I missed the Daario part. Rechecking it out.

Seriously? Is Daario really holding a rock with which he is going to defeat the horseman?

edit: I know some people believe it to be a knife but it certainly doesn't look like it. You don't throw a knife into the air like that.

re-edit: Forget it, its a knife. The gif was really moving fast and made me think it couldn't possibly be one.

Strictly speaking, I don't think it's necessary for Stannis to offer Jon a wife. Winterfell is enough.

But really the whole point of that was someone to breed with. Stannis wanted Winterfell locked down and sworn to him. If he offers it to single Jon, then when Jon dies, the whole problem of who runs it presents itself again. Presumably, Stannis wanted Jon and his children to be in control of it and sworn to him so as to control the North. I believe while pondering the offer Jon even thinks about it meaning he'll get to have a son.

If there is no wife, then there is no children, and there is really no point.

Archived