Who would Brandon have crowned as QoLaB?

Ygrain

Hoster wasn't competing and he had no sons competing in the tourney so was there any real reason for him to be there?

Neither Lord Rickard Stark or Jon Arryn bothered to go and they did have "sons" competing. Jaime's vows to enter the KGs were to be done during the tourney and his joining the KGs is a reason for Lysa not marrying Jaime. I could see him choosing to stay at RR with the excuse of wedding preparations as a mild protest rather than bothering to make the short trip.

Hoster wasn't competing and he had no sons competing in the tourney so was there any real reason for him to be there?

Neither Lord Rickard Stark or Jon Arryn bothered to go and they did have "sons" competing. Jaime's vows to enter the KGs were to be done during the tourney and his joining the KGs is a reason for Lysa not marrying Jaime. I could see him choosing to stay at RR with the excuse of wedding preparations as a mild protest rather than bothering to make the short trip.

Jon Arryn did attend the ToH.

Though the idea that Hoster did not have a son competing is a new idea (at least to me).

But then again, Hoster might have entered the lists himself or perhaps the Blackfish.

Which gives me another idea, the Tully's were avoiding the ToH because Hoster lost face because the Blackfish would not wed the Redwyne girl.

• 6 months later...

Archived