Thoughts on Jon and Sansa

Queen Alienor

Yeh i know it doesnt fit but maybe aegon does marry arriane but then aegon meets sansa (maybe at a tourney) and they fall in love and run away. Although aegon is likly fake in which case its silly.

Silly or ironic? Wouldn't it be like Sansa to fall for that fairy-tale kind of scenario without observing anything questionable about fAegon (to be fair, most people don't) and later find out she had married an imposter?

Silly or ironic? Wouldn't it be like Sansa to fall for that fairy-tale kind of scenario without observing anything questionable about fAegon (to be fair, most people don't) and later find out she had married an imposter?

It would be like AGOT Sansa. Not AFFC Sansa.

Helpful hint: You you aren't then stop posting in a thread about one, trying to prove in vain (You aren't GRRM, right?) that it can never ever happen. Especially to people like me that merely like to point out that trying to call something impossible in ASOIAF, especially if you aren't GRRM, is annoyingly presumptive.

For what is worth, I think what the character want in ASOIAF is absolutely secondary to the story that GRRM wants to tell about them. Even the character who supposedly have the freedom of choice stumble and fail over a variety of things... some of them so unfair and incidental that they are practically a deus ex machina, others completely deserved consequences of their own actions. Whether Sansa still wants a prince, or marriage or anything will play no role in determining whether she will get her wish. Her acting on her wishes to escape such fate might even bring it closer.

<snip>

It's really tiresome to read paragraphs and paragraphs of retelling of the plot of the series that I already know, in order to supposedly prove... what? That any silly plot the people on this forum can come up with can actually happen?

Listing the bad things that have happened to people that were outside of their control, in order to prove that Jon and Sansa may decide to marry, makes no sense. Saying "whatever Sansa wants doesn't matter" as an argument in favor of a Jon/Sansa marriage makes no sense, unless you're claiming that Jon is going to a rapist and force his sister into something she doesn't want. Not only is that ludicrous, but I've also listed all the reasons why Jon wouldn't want to marry Sansa, either.

You can't talk out of two sides of your mouth here. Either you care and own up to it and then reason it better than "choices" and "absolutely impossible because I said so" or you don't care and prove it by stop being the person who alone is responsible for 50 percent of this thread.

I don't care to repeat the same things to you when I made my points already on another thread, I don't find your arguments even remotely convincing, I think I've already debunked them. Is that clearer?

And in case you haven't noticed, this thread is about the parallels between Jon and Sansa, not about shipping Jon and Sansa. Guess what, contrary to some people, a thread about similarities between two people, the parallels in their arcs, or their relationship (brother/sister relationship, in this case), does not necessarily have to be about people wanting them to hook up and have babies together! How about that! I like reading posts about the parallel journeys of Sansa and Arya, but that doesn't mean that I want them to start having incest sexy times.

And in case you haven't noticed, this thread is about the parallels between Jon and Sansa, not about shipping Jon and Sansa.

To be fair, fans perceiving parallels between two characters is often what leads to shipping those two characters together. There's plenty of overlap between the two. One could interpret the parallels between Jon and Sansa to be foreshadowing that they're going to hook up, and indeed many have interpreted the parallels to mean just that. To pretend otherwise is a bit wrongheaded, I think.

If one really does believe that the parallels between Jon and Sansa that the OP pointed out mean that GRRM intends to pair them off romantically, then that's fair game for discussion.

Archived