Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

Some baby logic here but, if they ran out of book 3 material this comming season, thats puts them into book 4, but since 4 and 5 happen around the same chronoligcal point, this means they'll start book 5 material this season.

Did I see ADWD material in that trailer? I think I might have.

Is this common knowledge? I had no expectations to get into ADWD so early.

Oh, this looks promising! I'm guessing it's probably the least closest to the book yet, but oh well, I'm way beyond the point of seeing the two as one entity. If it's a decent season of TV, I'll still be happy.

Looks like we're getting:

-Jaime educating Joffrey

-the aftermath of either Castle Black or Moat Cailin. I can't tell whether it's Theon on that horse with the banner

-the duel outside Meereen(which looks promising)

-a brief shot of a dungeon(the first Reek chapter?)

-Daenerys slowly becoming an unlikable brat, and people getting murdered in the streets of Meereen, so we're in ADWD territory

-Stannis burning Florent

-Tyrion's trial

-A parlay? Could it be Jon and Mance? There's not enough snow though, so I doubt it.

-Stannis and Davos sailing. Hmmm, this kills the surprise of his big moment.

-Oathkeeper given to Jaime

-Oberyn and Tyrion, Oberyn and Varys

-More LF the master villain

-Night's Watch battle

-Yara sailing to the Dreadfort

-Goldenhand being fitted

-Rast sacrificing a child? This is very strange.

-Arya and Needle

-Bran by a heart tree?

-The Boltons entering Winterfell! Very excited about this

-Oberyn vs Gregor!

-Purple Wedding

-Cersei being crazier

-Alliser leading the NW. Hmmm, this is interesting...

-Theon not looking decrepit at all....

-Battle of Castle Black

-A Ramsay and Myranda BDSM scene? This will undoubtedly end in a brutal death, so tumblr, get your keyboards ready

Also, STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

FUUUCK!

CrayCray!Dany!!!! 'Bout time....I'm getting increasingly eye-rolly at "Khaleesi gonna save Westeros!!"

Ramsay having a Don Draper moment WTF? But for realz, I need to see Rammers and Roose interacting this season. My TV might explode from the crazy snark-and-scary.

Theon in armor looking...ok? WTF?!?!?!?! I wonder if the show's upping the "brainwashed" and lowering the "broken wretch." Yara doing some Valhalla Rising shit near the Dreadfort?

Oberyn.... :smoking: I love that sorta slouchy, slinky walk thing.

Can I just say pretty? Clearly the costuming and set design department got a heftier budget. Littlefinger still around to chat with Varys?

Obviously it's too early to say for sure, but it looks like Jorah won't be banished this season - he's clearly standing behind Dany when she's with the man we know was cast as Hazzea's father.

It can perfectly well happen next season, when the next Tyrion arc is already in motion. I got no problems with that whatsoever.

Do we know who that huge guy with the overhead sword slash is at 1:25? Looks like he would make an awesome Moutain

That is the Mountain.

But Pinkie, you missed 1:17 where Jaime has Cersei in a rather intimate embrace :P Great synopsis!

Of course! How could I forget such a touching, sentimental scene.

I'll be amazed if they actually have the gall to do it. But then again, they seem to be delving into Ramsay's sex life so anything's fair game, I guess.

Oh, this looks promising! I'm guessing it's probably the least closest to the book yet, but oh well, I'm way beyond the point of seeing the two as one entity. If it's a decent season of TV, I'll still be happy.

Looks like we're getting:

-Stannis and Davos sailing. Hmmm, this kills the surprise of his big moment.

No it doesn't.

-Rast sacrificing a child? This is very strange.

Yes it is.

-Theon not looking decrepit at all....

Also very strange.

It can perfectly well happen next season, when the next Tyrion arc is already in motion. I got no problems with that whatsoever.

I agree that it can be delayed till next season, but that will have consequences for Dany's arc (it's kind of a huge deal that Dany's ruling alone in Meereen without any good advisers, y'know).

Archived