Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

Oberyn.... :smoking: I love that sorta slouchy, slinky walk thing.

He's looking very good. Costuming is on point.

Not loving Jaime's shorter hair. In my opinion, he looked way better in Season 3, covered in mud and all.

I agree that it can be delayed till next season, but that will have consequences for Dany's arc (it's kind of a huge deal that Dany's ruling alone in Meereen without any good advisers, y'know).

(Barristan isn't a good adviser?) In response to Jorah sticking around, though, I guess they could always show Jorah giving her good advice and Dany choosing to ignore it.

Could have sworn there were some photos floating around a few months ago of Alfie Allen with bleached blond hair and looking awfully gaunt. I assumed this was for filming Season 4, but maybe the timing doesn't line up.

(Barristan isn't a good adviser?) In response to Jorah sticking around, though, I guess they could always show Jorah giving her good advice and Dany choosing to ignore it.

Barristan most certainly isn't a good adviser! He literally lies to Dany about how much the common people adore the Targaryens just so Dany will leave. And what other advice does he give her, really?

But that would just have negative consequences for Dany's character. She ignores Jorah's advice when she takes Meereen; if she ignores his advice while she's ruling, she'll just look stupid rather than naive.

Who is that in the beginning who says "The people love their king" ?

I pointed out on one of the other threads, I actually think it's Ser Meryn. Re watching the Arya and Syrio vs Lannisters scene from season 1 and the scene with Bronn and the KG in season 3, the voice is the same.

The scene is probably when he's trying to justify to Jaime why he did all of the nasty things Joffrey ordered him to do. But the line works for the trailer as a whole.

But that would just have negative consequences for Dany's character. She ignores Jorah's advice when she takes Meereen; if she ignores his advice while she's ruling, she'll just look stupid rather than naive.

If the shoe fits...? :D

In all seriousness, though, pushing Jorah's banishment so far back is an interesting choice. I guess the writers want to make as much use of Iain Glen as they can.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the lighting/set design/palette in the Meereen scenes reminded me of the Children of Dune miniseries. All those yellows and blues.

Archived