Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

Le Cygne and others who have complained about Sansa's portrayal, there's a Wetpaint interview with Sophie Turner where she says that in Season 4 she has a "big evolution" and that she becomes a "powerhouse character but in a very subtle way". Also there's a Wetpaint with Maisie who says that Arya becomes "scary" this season. I guess the RW is a turning point for both girls. As it would be.

(I'd post links but I can't. Goddamn you glitches in aFoIaF.)

Le Cygne and others who have complained about Sansa's portrayal, there's a Wetpaint interview with Sophie Turner where she says that in Season 4 she has a "big evolution" and that she becomes a "powerhouse character but in a very subtle way". Also there's a Wetpaint with Maisie who says that Arya becomes "scary" this season. I guess the RW is a turning point for both girls. As it would be.

That's definitely encouraging. Sansa especially has been lacking in past seasons (in 2 she was alright though). I just wish someone would make a comment like that about Stannis -_-

Sophie said stuff like that about last season too, and we know how that turned out. I'll hope for the best, but that really doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

Sophie said stuff like that about last season too, and we know how that turned out. I'll hope for the best, but that really doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

Yes, I remember Sophie Turner in interviews saying pretty much exactly the same thing about Sansa in Season 3. Colour me skeptical.

Season 2 actually seems to have had the least action overall, and coincidently (or not) it's considered the worst season by many.

Eh, I thought that just reflected the general opinion of the books: ACOK is generally considered weaker than AGOT and ASOS, so it makes sense that the season based on ACOK would be considered the worst of the three. ACOK spends a lot of time treading water with various plots or setting up big payoffs that don't come until ASOS. I don't think it's as simple as "action vs. no action"; a gruesome character death, big battle or fight scene won't be of any interest in of itself unless there's some wider significance, greater depth, or something substantial leading up to it.

Thanks, here's the link, and I'm sooooo sorry I read it.

http://www.wetpaint.com/game-of-thrones/articles/2014-02-08-season-4-spoilers-sansa-powerhouse

Sansa is going to become a manipulator. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

I don't read her interviews anymore. I can never make any sense out of them. With that, I'll vow to never read another one (and probably skip her scenes this season, looks like she's going to be Littlefinger, Jr.)

And here's Maisie (who I will most definitely watch):

http://www.wetpaint.com/game-of-thrones/articles/2014-02-08-season-4-spoilers-maisie-williams

Thanks, here's the link, and I'm sooooo sorry I read it.

http://www.wetpaint....ansa-powerhouse

Sansa is going to become a manipulator. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

I don't read her interviews anymore. I can never make any sense out of them. With that, I'll vow to never read another one (and probably skip her scenes this season, looks like she's going to be Littlefinger, Jr.)

Le Cygne, having read the interview, I wouldn't worry too much.

There's a kind of big evolution [for Sansa in Season 4]," Sophie dished. "She begins to kind of manipulate the people who have done wrong to her in her past. She becomes a powerhouse character but in a very subtle way. It's really good."

In context, this just sounds like an oblique reference to Sansa keeping mum about the escape plot and the PW, since who in the Eyrie has wronged her in the past?

And here's Maisie (who I will most definitely watch):

http://www.wetpaint....maisie-williams

Yessssss. Here for murder machine Arya.

^I bet you'll still watch the scenes. You'd skip "Only Cat" because of this?

No, seriously, it was painful to watch last season. I do like Aiden Gillen, though. I don't know, I guess maybe I'd be tempted to see the last scene. But if they are taking her from airhead to Machiavelli's apprentice, count me out. Way out. Again, probably best not to read these interviews. They are always very confusing...

^I really don't think she was an airhead last season but I know what your talking points are and there's no point going through this all again. As for whether she becomes a manipulator, keep in mind that D and D know how she will end up. Maybe they're pushing this now because it actually WILL happen later. Or maybe its just as Newstar suggested.

But if they are taking her from airhead to Machiavelli's apprentice, count me out. Way out.

but book sansa is an apprentice to one of westeros' machiavellis. why is that upsetting?

i agree with newstar though and believe she's referring to her actions in kl.

Well, except we know how that Shae business will turn out, Le Cygne. A lot of people do think Sansa will become an ice queen or Cersei 2.0. I have no opinion on that matter but I thought that bringing that up had some bearing given this interview. In all likelihood all Sophie was just talking about her hiding her Dontos plan from all the KL folks and maybe getting in some season 2 quality zingers ( as in "as I pray for the kings"), and then, lies necessitated by the post-PW.

Well, except we know how that Shae business will turn out, Le Cygne. A lot of people do think Sansa will become an ice queen or Cersei 2.0. I have no opinion on that matter but I thought that bringing that up had some bearing given this interview. In all likelihood all Sophie was just talking about her hiding her Dontos plan from all the KL folks and maybe getting in some season 2 quality zingers ( as in "as I pray for the kings"), and then, lies necessitated by the post-PW.

The point is, that was on the show but not relevant. I don't think everything on the show is necessarily relevant to the books.

And "a lot of people" don't see her that way, go figure. I have no idea what she meant in the interview, we're all speculating here. I'm inclined to agree, it's probably not going to be the case on the show, either.

^It's nice to hear you like Aidan Gillen. I understand a lot of people find his accent iffy and his rasp sometimes grating, but he has great mannerisms. I love how he smirks and pauses before he makes a nasty remark, as if he's wondering whether he should say it or not but then does anyway. I didn't really like him in the Wire, but I do enjoy his Baelish.

Archived