Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

I would assume they simply just didn't make it as dramatic of a transformation.

Right but if I'm not mistaken, the most dramatic descriptions of Jaime's transformation came from Cersei when she first saw him again. Her personal thoughts on his appearance and demeanor would obviously be much more dramatic than someone else's POV most likely.

I did think with his hair trimmed that short, it gave Nicoli / Jaime a much slimmer appearance. Jaime had lost a lot of weight while being held prisoner and the long journey back while recovering from his amputation. He definitely looks more 'gaunt' in the few quick peeks of him we saw.

I assumed, seeing Jaime clean cut and with short hair meant he shaved / cut it all off after returning to King's Landing looking like a wretched beggar who hadn't eaten or bathed in a very long time - which is how he was described in the book. If I recall, didn't he want it all shaved and scrubbed off to rid himself of not only the filth and possible vermin but also to recreate himself after his new redemption transformation? Perhaps they decided to make him look so different to convey a more dramatic image of that in the show this season?

There's a nice progression, where Jaime and Cersei look so much alike, then he's been away from her, and he's pulling apart even then. When he shaves his head, he leaves the beard. He thinks:

I don’t look as much like Cersei this way. She’ll hate that.

Then when he gets back, things aren't going well at all between them. So anyway, he's saying they aren't alike here, this is at

Tywin's funeral

, which is about 3 weeks after he returns.

"I am not Cersei. I have a beard, and she has breasts."

So even if it was for a role, let him grow it back as the season progresses. He's not season 1 Jaime anymore. He has changed. This was an external sign of internal change.

And everyone misses the beard, so...

She asked, I answered. I have gotten to the acceptance phase of beardless Jaime by now.

Unless he needs to be shaved for another role, I'm sure you'll have bearded Jaime for next seasons, besides, NCW is still a good looking guy beardless

Unless he needs to be shaved for another role, I'm sure you'll have bearded Jaime for next seasons, besides, NCW is still a good looking guy beardless

Yeah, as much as I love the beard, the more footage I see of him with his new looks, the more I appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

In the new video about the weapon training etc we can see that Thormund is fighting Alliser and that Jon is fighting the magnar, so we all know that Jon will not be killed by the magnar, but who will be the one remaining alive in Alliser and Thormund's duel ? I think that Thormund will win beacause he will become and important character, but i do remember when i found out that they would have Thormund climb the wall in season 3 that i was a bit scared that they would have The magnar replacing Thormund in the later seasons and that Thormund would die in the battle..

But now i know that The magnar will be fighting Jon and most likely die, so i think Thormund is pretty safe. :)

I want no such thing. Let her keep her hair. They didn't take Dany's hair, they won't take Cersei's, either.

Cersei losing her hair is a lot more important Dany. With Dany, it was just kind of an incidental thing that happened. With Cersei, it serves a very particular function. It'd be a lot more effective if they shaved her, and there's really no good reason not to, that I can see.

Cersei losing her hair is a lot more important Dany. With Dany, it was just kind of an incidental thing that happened. With Cersei, it serves a very particular function. It'd be a lot more effective if they shaved her, and there's really no good reason not to, that I can see.

Might be that Lena disapproves... Especially when you think about staying the whole next season (or however long Cersei manages to survive) baldheaded. Make-up can't do that convincingly.

Yeah, @breath of the ice dragon- Tormund better be safe! He's one of my favorite auxiliary characters in both the show and the books. Such a jovial dude. The life of any party and has some of the most awesome names in the books... Plus, hearing him say "slick as a baby seal" or "ginger minge" (from extended scene in mance's tent) makes me laugh every single time I hear it.

Archived