Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

^It'll be fine, Le Cygne. Why do you think Brienne even has an audience with the King and Queen? She probably makes a very honorable Brienney proposal and is then rebuffed. Maybe Jaime won't want to rob Tyrion of another wife because of Tysha guilt. This is a very easy corner for them to write themselves out of. Brienne will likely have more screentime than last season even (with her own storyline to boot) and the lighting in the Oathkeeper scene looks almost romantic. Let's not complain just yet.

Quite the anticlimax, Jaime and Brienne's joint quest to save Sansa... Sort of takes the winds out of the sails of the Oathkeeper scene.

We'll save her, even though we stood by and let even more bad stuff happen to her! We'll save her, even though she doesn't want us to!

Just like you seem to already have your conclusions. We're all just speculating.

Brienne is not going to ask Joffrey's permission to take Sansa away from the Lannisters. And if Jaime lets his own guilt get in the way of Sansa's safety and well being, he's backtracking. The character development that was built up over the last season was about him keeping his vow.

It would be tactless of her to request to steal away Sansa at the wedding, with Sansa's husband present. Keep in mind that Brienne and Jaime didn't know Sansa was married and also didn't know that Arya had gone missing. Maybe Brienne is asking permission to seek out Arya. I for one, am excited by the possibility of a Joffrey-Brienne dialogue because they are I think the two most opposite characters I can think of. I think George likely relished at the chance to make up new, alternate interactions, especially between these two.

Jaime promised to return the Stark girls to their mother. He's not going to kill them, so that's something he can't honour yet. He'll talk to his family and be informed of the situation. I imagine then he'll only resume his honouring of his vow post-PW.

Tactless? Steal her away? When she's been stolen? The forced marriage to take Winterfell was an act of war. And why on earth would Brienne seek out Joffrey's permission to find Arya Stark? For what, so he can beat and forcibly marry her to a Lannister, too?

It's not going to take them more than 5 minutes to learn about the situation. And once the show rejoins the book plot, which it all but certainly will, they are going to go behind the backs of the Lannisters to save Sansa. They are at cross purposes.

It would be tactless to go to the King and say, "Can I have permission to take your ex-fiancée and now aunt away?" Yes, it would be the right thing to do, but even lawful good Brienne couldn't expect Joffrey to go along with that.The Arya thing was a stab in the dark, but what else would Brienne be asking of them? The important variable of the pre-PW and then post-PW world is Joff's being around to get in their way. Of course their plans will end up like the book ones, but the pre-PW situation will stall their plans and even stay Brienne's hand.

Just like you seem to already have your conclusions. We're all just speculating.

Brienne is not going to ask Joffrey's permission to take Sansa away from the Lannisters. And if Jaime lets his own guilt get in the way of Sansa's safety and well being, he's backtracking. The character development that was built up over the last season was about him keeping his vow.

It may have nothing related to Sansa. Though I fail to see Brienne reason for the audience will affect if Joffrey going to throw her in jail or not.

Really the character development ended more with him putting his life at risk to save Brienne when he was safely on his way to KL. To say Jamie will not have some conflict between his family and his vow will be out of character.

No one is going to ask permission to save Sansa or Arya or any Stark from the Lannisters. It's like asking a bird to swim.

There is a war going on. Brienne pledged to serve Lady Catelyn Stark, books and show. She hates the Lannisters, books and show. Jaime went behind the back of Cersei and circumvented a direct order to save Sansa. He is going to do the same on the show, once it rights itself.

Really the character development ended more with him putting his life at risk to save Brienne when he was safely on his way to KL.

The bathhouse scene, the Ser Jaime scene, and the bearpit scene were all about Jaime going from Kingslayer to Ser Jaime.

That's what Oathkeeper is about. Honoring his vow to Lady Catelyn.

The knight's vows: "In the name of the Warrior I charge you to be brave... In the name of the Father I charge you to be just... In the name of the Mother I charge you to defend the young and innocent... In the name of the Maid I charge you to protect all women.

No, we did not see that verbatim on the show, but that's the gist of it.

No one is going to ask permission to save Sansa or Arya or any Stark from the Lannisters. It's like asking a bird to swim.

There is a war going on. Brienne pledged to serve Lady Catelyn Stark, books and show. She hates the Lannisters, books and show. Jaime went behind the back of Cersei and circumvented a direct order to save Sansa. He is going to do the same on the show, once it rights itself.

All the call sheet state is Brienne has a audience.

I never stated what the reason for Brienne meeting Joff/Marg.

All I stated is Brienne could be imprisoned by Joffrey at that time.

Le Cygne, at first though, it is likely that Ser Jaime will focus on his kingsguard duties, as we can see in his scene in the trailer with Joff and Meryn Trant. Maybe he will dress Trant down for his beating of Sansa, but I doubt he'd try to free her. After the PW though, all will go as they do in the book.

TheKittenGuard, I was answering the person above you in the post you quoted.

Here's the Ser Jaime scene:

Jaime: I owe you a debt.

Brienne: When Catelyn Stark released you, we both made a promise to her. Now it's your promise. You gave your word. Keep it, and consider the debt paid.

Jaime: I will return the Stark girls to their mother. I swear it.

Brienne: Goodbye, Ser Jaime.

As I've said before, Brienne's audience with the royal couple might have some connection to the scene between Brienne and Marge and the QoT that wicnet had setpics of in the summer. That was apparently from episode one (the early season will be KL top-heavy, won't it!), which leads me to believe Marge will tell Brienne to ask a request of wedding-day Joff, a la the Godfather.

I keep coming back to the same question though. What exactly is Jaime supposed to do? "I will return the Stark girls to their mother. I swear it." One of them is missing and presumed dead, and their mother is certainly dead. He knows Tyrion, though. He might simply decide, all things considered, that the best thing for Sansa is to stay. I think someone speculated that Tyrion might tell Jaime that he plans to take Sansa to Casterly Rock, and that makes sense. Of course, we'll see in a couple of months.

I keep coming back to the same question though. What exactly is Jaime supposed to do? "I will return the Stark girls to their mother. I swear it." One of them is missing and presumed dead, and their mother is certainly dead. He knows Tyrion, though. He might simply decide, all things considered, that the best thing for Sansa is to stay. I think someone speculated that Tyrion might tell Jaime that he plans to take Sansa to Casterly Rock, and that makes sense. Of course, we'll see in a couple of months.

Sansa doesn't want to stay, and unless Jaime is deluding himself, he should know that. As to where she could go, ask her where she wants to go.

Remember that in aSoS Jaime's thought upon finding Sansa was wed to his brother was that Tyrion should enjoy that. Something to that effect. He wasn't outraged by that prospect or concerned about her consent in the matter. I mean I love Jaime as much as the next guy, but he was still cold enough to think like that, character development or no.

Archived