Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

why do so many people think that yara will be captured by team ds? it doesnt make sense to me. what will she do all of season 5 then? and attacking deepwood gives stan something else to do in s 5/6

But she is not going to Deepwood Motte. She is going to Dreadfort and it makes no sense for her go back to Deepwood Motte from there.

why do so many people think that yara will be captured by team ds? it doesnt make sense to me. what will she do all of season 5 then? and attacking deepwood gives stan something else to do in s 5/6

The Deepwood Motte thing would most likely have been cut anyway, in favour of Stannis interacting with Jon and co. at the Wall and then marching directly on Winterfell for a season 5 finale.

I don't know why did so many people think that Balon would die last season? Why do so many people think he'll die this season?

But she is not going to Deepwood Motte. She is going to Dreadfort and it makes no sense for her go back to Deepwood Motte from there.

Why not? It's her castle isn't it? It made no sense for her to be sitting next to Balon at the end of last season either. Yara does whatever the hell she wants to do apparently.

The Deepwood Motte thing would most likely have been cut anyway, in favour of Stannis interacting with Jon and co. at the Wall and then marching directly on Winterfell for a season 5 finale.

On the way to Deepwood Motte, Stannis gains support from the hill clans and from Bear Island etc. Fighting against the Ironborne is something Stannis needed to do to sway the Northerner's to join his cause.

Why not? It's her castle isn't it? It made no sense for her to be sitting next to Balon at the end of last season either. Yara does whatever the hell she wants to do apparently.

And how will she go to DM from Dreadfort?

She won't sail around Westeros again because timeline constraints and she won't most certainly try to go there via land, taking in calculation the distance from Dreadfort to DM and marching through enemy territory on a large distance.

On the way to Deepwood Motte, Stannis gains support from the hill clans and from Bear Island etc. Fighting against the Ironborne is something Stannis needed to do to sway the Northerner's to join his cause.

Stannis declares he's going to march on Winterfell and defeat the Boltons, rallying many Northerners to his cause. See, easy.

And how will she go to DM from Dreadfort?

She won't sail around Westeros again because timeline constraints and she won't most certainly try to go there via land, taking in calculation the distance from Dreadfort to DM and marching through enemy territory on a large distance.

The show has never really cared about "timeline" constraints, hence why there's so little mention about time passing...

If the show wants her to sail to the Dreadfort, not find Theon go all the way back to the Iron Islands then return to Deepwood Motte, then she will.

The show never explains how people get from A to B without incident. Some people just do. Also in the books Yara twice went from Deepwood Motte to Winterfell to get/look for Theon. That was over land in hostile territory.

Stannis declares he's going to march on Winterfell and defeat the Boltons, rallying many Northerners to his cause. See, easy.

The North just got their butts kicked with Robb and now Stannis wants to oppose the Iron Throne with his tiny little army?

Yeah seems like a good idea.

Also in the books Yara twice went from Deepwood Motte to Winterfell to get/look for Theon. That was over land in hostile territory.

Not really no.

1) IB controlled the wolfs-wood since they had the seat of House Glover and they had very valuable hostages which gives them some immunity in hostile territory.

2) IB controlled WF which is another valuable picking and this time around they don't.

3) IB also controlled Torrhen's square which worked as a fail-safe base if something went wrong on Asha's march to WF. In the tv show they don't.

4) If you look on the map the distance from DM to Dreadfort is twice as that from DM to WF. That increases the chance of getting caught by 200%.

I don't know why did so many people think that Balon would die last season? Why do so many people think he'll die this season?

I'm thinking Balon will kick the bucket in ep1 or early in ep2. This is because I was watching the leech burning a few days ago and realized that Stannis names the pretender kings in the order of Robb, Balon, Joffrey. I'm thinking that's the order in which they'll die.

Even though this topic has bin discussed a lot on Yara's attack of the Dreafort, never the less here are my views.

1) What makes you think he wont die this season? Say what you will about the viewers, but the unsullied will definitely pick it up and say why isn't Balon dead since Mel dropped his leech in the fire? Balon could die in the very 1st scene in s4. Im sure we will see Balon die in s4 before PW

2) And how is she going to travel from one end of the map to the other

3) How are they possibly going to squeeze in interactions with Jon, meet the Hill clans and go to DM, and so the struggles of him getting to WF all in s5?

Agree! Nice and simple

The North just got their butts kicked with Robb and now Stannis wants to oppose the Iron Throne with his tiny little army?

Yeah seems like a good idea.

They want to get revenge, quite simple

I dont think there will be a KM, as Asha will be absent being captured by Stannis, or defeated at the Dreadfort. But we will see Euron and Vic.

Stan the man Baratheon and Colonel Green are pretty much right on the money, We will see in s5 at least 3-4 episodes with Stannis and Jon interacting, and Stannis will march straight to WF, and will see him struggle in the snow. But to go to Hill Clans and then DW, and then march to WF is simply not enough time.

There's far more that needs to happen before the Battle of Mereen. It would make more sense to have the Battle of ice as the Season 5 Episode 9 event, then have the Battle of Mereen at the beginning or middle of Season 6.

Are you taking into consideration of what is going to happen this season? Wall might not even get through it's SoS material, where Dany will be in DwDs...

I still don't think it's her though, until I see more than one clip I'm going to assume that Yara is in 1 or 2 scenes this season. Like the last two.

1 or 2 scenes and she is that prominent in the trailer? They wouldn't give us Brienne and only a glimp on Sansa but several seconds on YarAsha who is only up for 1 or 2 scenes? ;D

I'm 99,9% sure she will take Victarion's spot at Moat Cailin after a battle with the Boltons and then leave for the Kingsmoot.

The person Melisandre is talking to do is either Gilly, Shireen or an extra that is to be burned.

WiDMNDBAMMD,

Yes. I think we'll only get the first two Dany chapters in Season 4, and that Daznak's Pit will be Episode 8 or 9 of Season 5. I also think that the LC election will be completed in Season 4. It's the natural conclusion to the Wall arc in Season 4, what other material could they have in the finale? It's not the sort of thing that would serve well as a cliffhanger either.

There's far more that needs to happen before the Battle of Mereen. It would make more sense to have the Battle of ice as the Season 5 Episode 9 event, then have the Battle of Mereen at the beginning or middle of Season 6.

Very unlikely. The battle of Meereen may end up being one of the biggest battles in the entire series - and they're just going to throw it in at the beginning of a season? I highly, highly doubt it. If anything, we should expect Stannis' battle to be given the 'occurs off-screen' treatment, like a few of the other battles in the show. With that in mind, they could have both 'battles' occur in the same episode - the ninth of season five. Episode could open with Stannis and the Bolton forces preparing to engage, and the rest of the episode takes place in Essos (showing the battle at Meereen itself, and what's going on with Dany as well). The season finale has Jon receiving news that the battle has been lost (essentially leaving the true outcome unknown for the time being, as it was in the books), and also getting Cesar'd by his Night's Watch brothers (which is another end-of-the-season type moment; not something that will be thrown in at the beginning or middle of a season).

There's also the matter of bringing a number of disparate characters together - specifically, Tyrion finally finding himself in a situation where he is (or will shortly be) connected with Dany. From a narrative stand-point, it just makes sense for something like this to occur at the end of a season. And that's to say nothing of the fact that Jorah, Daario, Barristan, and Victarion will also converge upon one another. Ending a season on the cusp of this battle isn't satisfying, as the reactions to the same happening in ADwD has shown. When you also take into consideration the pacing for season six (in your scenario), it's harder to quantify, because we're not sure what is going to happen after the battle of Meereen.

No, I think it's safe to assume that season five may well contain both battles, and that only one of them is going to be dramatized on-screen. Stannis' battle almost works better if we don't see it happen on-screen, as its outcome has a big effect on the happenings at the Wall.

The name of the game from here on out is going to be momentum. A season showcasing a large number of disparate characters in disparate story lines with little to no resolution or convergence simply isn't going to work. And ultimately, we have to assume that The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring are going to get at least three seasons worth (approximately; I believe we'll still have a select few elements remaining from ADwD to deal with in early season six) of time dedicated to them. They are the culmination of the story - the climax and denouement.

No, I think it's safe to assume that season five may well contain both battles, and that only one of them is going to be dramatized on-screen. Stannis' battle almost works better if we don't see it happen on-screen, as its outcome has a big effect on the happenings at the Wall.

Your suggestion is too fast paced. They cannot put 2 books into one season. I think AFFC+ADWD will last until 6x03 - 6x05. 5x09 being the pit fight and Daenerys flying off on Drogon and Meereen burning due to Quentyn releasing the remanining dragons. There're so many storylines that need to be introduced + those that already exist, so it almost sums up to 20 different storylines, some emerging, some causing scenes that haven't been in the books. I'd be very happy with a 15 episode Season 5 but the chances are like 0 because the end of ADWD is, as you said, not very climatic.

Your suggestion is too fast paced. They cannot put 2 books into one season.

The only storylines in AFFC/ADWD/TWOW (when you include the battles) that would be a tight fit into one season would be Meereen and some of the Northern stuff -- and maybe Tyrion, but that story is full of side trips that could and should be easily condensed. Which, probably not coincidentally, are some of the main stories that appear to be incorporating elements of those books into Season 4 -- Theon's story getting partway into ADWD, and Dany's, likewise. It's not really "one season" (heck, the Cersei/Margaery rivalry in AFFC has been incorporated as early as season 3, and I suspect will get more play in season 4 with Tommen).

The only storylines in AFFC/ADWD/TWOW (when you include the battles) that would be a tight fit into one season would be Meereen and some of the Northern stuff -- and maybe Tyrion, but that story is full of side trips that could and should be easily condensed. Which, probably not coincidentally, are some of the main stories that appear to be incorporating elements of those books into Season 4 -- Theon's story getting partway into ADWD, and Dany's, likewise. It's not really "one season" (heck, the Cersei/Margaery rivalry in AFFC has been incorporated as early as season 3, and I suspect will get more play in season 4 with Tommen).

Well, they'll probably go into Theon and Daenerys ADWD material because it's so much and it would be too much for one season, maybe even a bit more. Of course things will be cut, especially some travelling chapters, but you cannot expect them to cut whole sub-plotlines like the Ironborn or Dorne or Asha because they have a too high impact on the story and it would mean that major things would have to be changed, which would end in wrecking other characters.

One can expect that even Jon's, Tyrion's and Daenerys' screentime will be decreased immensly because each individual character has its own storyline. Since these individuals are meeting someone else at the end of ADWD/beginning of TWOW, the amount of different plots will slacken off again (as it did in ASOS).

As characters need to be build up and also need to develop, I don't think major parts of AFFC and ADWD can be cut. Single events, yes. But things like the Kingsmoot, Myrcella's crowning, the Golden Company or the Siege of Riverrun are just of too much importance to be cut. So, as we assume these events are included, there will be a lot of new characters and we need to get to know them. For instance, we have to see Victarion killing Ser Talbert Serry, we have to see Arianne seducing Arys (as if they wouldn't include that anyways :D ), we have to see Aegon playing Cyvasse with Tyrion and we have to see several Freys sieging Riverrun. How could we know that Victarion is a brute, badass viking or that Arianne is revengeful snake or that Aegon is ambitious and easy to be manipulated? Why should viewers care for any of these characters, if they don't know their personality, their assets and their effeteness?

Conclusion: Because characters need time to grow, we will not see a lot of things of TWOW (only a few characters such as Bran). AFFC and ADWD has summed up quite a lot of action scenes and climaxes (yet, not as huge climaxes as ASOS) and it can play out well on TV screen.

Archived