GoT Actors in Other Stuff - Part 2

Stubby

• 2 weeks later...

LF in dark night. Tywin in Aliens 3. Stannis a John Adam . Ned and Jon snow in Silent Hill 2 film. The actress that play Shireen was part of the Doctor Who prom. Selyse plays the king's estrange mom the the 3 musketeers BBC Show.

Edited by Batbob45

Iwan Rheon in Misfits as Simon. Great character, loved the show. Michelle Fairley also appeared in it, but just for two episodes.

Aidam Gillen in Wake Wood and The Wire.

Edit: To add information.

I began just yesterday night to watch "Misfits" and finished the first season at the same night (Began today with the second season); Boah, now I'm so addicted with this show (It's my new "Skins") and I love Simon ^_^ ... This is so wrong, and it's getting even worse I discovered today Iwan Rheon's youtube channel and listened his whole album, God, this guy's also a great singer! :o ... I don't know what I should/will think about Ramsay in a week, but in my head is now Simon -the super shy, introverted, nervous, unassuming outcast- and Iwan -the cool and talented actor and singer- and soon I'll see him flaying 63 Ironborn :bawl:.

Watching "Misfits" and thinking Simon could flay and nail up five dozen men is the most confusing and weirdest thing ever :uhoh: :stunned: :wacko:...

I began just yesterday night to watch "Misfits" and finished the first season at the same night (Began today with the second season); Boah, now I'm so addicted with this show (It's my new "Skins") and I love Simon ^_^ ... This is so wrong, and it's getting even worse I discovered today Iwan Rheon's youtube channel and listened his whole album, God, this guy's also a great singer! :o ... I don't know what I should/will think about Ramsay in a week, but in my head is now Simon -the super shy, introverted, nervous, unassuming outcast- and Iwan -the cool and talented actor and singer- and soon I'll see him flaying 63 Ironborn :bawl:.

Watching "Misfits" and thinking Simon could flay and nail up five dozen men is the most confusing and weirdest thing ever :uhoh: :stunned: :wacko:...

Yes, welcome to the disturbing world of being attracted to Iwan Rheon even while he's playing the most sadistic evil bastard in the world. Also, S2 of Misfits is so good, and Simon is super adorable/hot in it. You're in for a real treat.

Yes, welcome to the disturbing world of being attracted to Iwan Rheon even while he's playing the most sadistic evil bastard in the world. Also, S2 of Misfits is so good, and Simon is super adorable/hot in it. You're in for a real treat.

In the past I found the Show!Ramsay-fangirls the weirdest bunch of people ever... But now I'm beginning more and more to undertstand them... And with every new "Misfits" episode (and every new song of Iwan) it's more and more a spiral of growing fond of...well, I don't know of who... Ramsay?!?! :shocked: :uhoh: :eek: Because I'm already completely fond of Simon, and I'm feeling now so much shame for being attracted to Rheon, even while he's playing the world's greatest shit (Why, Game of Thrones, WHY?! :bawl:)

In all seriousness, I've even had the thought if Ramsay would have got more attention and love in the past, maybe he'd be now a lovely human being and that he's misunderstood and wants to be accepted by others and... Ah, Damn TV shows :bang: Simon/Ramsay together my head (Simsay? Ramon?) confuse me... (Oh, and I've had the throught, a Ramsay who could become invisible would be absolutely bad for Stannis&Co. in the coming battle XD)

The next episode will change this hopefully... or make it even worse :dunno: ... But for now I'm excited to watch the second season :drool:

British TV is so good (Sherlock, Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Skins, Misfits, Little Britain, ...); German TV is the shittiest ever :-(

Edited by The Onion Sleight

I don't think it's possible not to love Simon. He's adorable and smart and kind of rings true for many of us awkward, shy people. If you like Iwan's work, you might want to check Vicious. It's a comedy with Ian McKellen and he plays a completely different kind of character.

I think Series One was much better. Not a fan of Alisha's plot line, I think the authors drop the ball with her.

Ramsay fangirls are still weird! We shouldn't like a character just because the actor is hot! I actually find Ramsay even more disturbing because of Iwan.

Not a fangirl, but I usually divide characters I like in two groups: the ones I want to hug and give puppies to and hope life will end in sunshine and ice-cream for them (Arya, Shireen, Tommen, Bran, the Reeds, Jon, Theon) and characters that are awful and deserve pain and suffering but are so damn interesting to read/wath (Ramsay, Roose, Cersei, Joffrey). But I agree that show!Ramsay is more disturbing because of Iwan's portrayal.

Ramsay fangirls are still weird! We shouldn't like a character just because the actor is hot! I actually find Ramsay even more disturbing because of Iwan.

:agree: Rheon fangirls don't mean, luckily, Ramsay fangirls (<- I'm absolutely hoping they don't exist!!!) And you're right, he makes Ramsay really somehow even more disturbing and...mh, I don't find the right word... But let's say in the books, it was Joffrey who was beautiful, had angelic blond hair, could be charismatic and act friendly, was at first a "gentleman" to Sansa, and then showed his abominable, cruel, terrible true face. Ramsay was never really charismatic or something, always despicable, atrocious, crude, sadistic a.s.o... But Show!Ramsay is even more a psychopath, I found him more similar to Roose than Book!Ramsay to Roose (especially during the shaving and bath scenes) and yes, really more disturbing!

I think Series One was much better. Not a fan of Alisha's plot line, I think the authors drop the ball with her.

Alisha is my favorite. I love her becoming a more selfless person. And I'm a huge fan of

the

Time Traveler's Wife plotline

and the insanely hot sex scene involved.

I don't think it's possible not to love Simon. He's adorable and smart and kind of rings true for many of us awkward, shy people. If you like Iwan's work, you might want to check Vicious. It's a comedy with Ian McKellen and he plays a completely different kind of character.

Not a fangirl, but I usually divide characters I like in two groups: the ones I want to hug and give puppies to and hope life will end in sunshine and ice-cream for them (Arya, Shireen, Tommen, Bran, the Reeds, Jon, Theon) and characters that are awful and deserve pain and suffering but are so damn interesting to read/wath (Ramsay, Roose, Cersei, Joffrey). But I agree that show!Ramsay is more disturbing because of Iwan's portrayal.

Ian McKellen AND Iwan Rheon together sounds over-awesome! =DD

Haha, good seperation :lol: :thumbsup:!

- Yes, I also have my favourites who are either good guys or very, very (dark-)gray (Davos, Stannis, Jaime, Jon, Theon, Asha, Shireen, Brienne, aso.) who I want to live at the end (I'm unsure about Theon... He's getting his identity more and more back, and I want him to become full Theon again, but he still thinks "Death did not frighten Theon Greyjoy. Death would mean an end to pain.", so I actually think he should be executed, because of his crimes, but also as a "coup de grâce");

- Characters I loathe and want to see dead, but they are enjoying (e.g. Cersei) or fascinating (e.g. Roose) or so over-crazy (e.g. Euron), but nevertheless should die at the end;

- and then there's someone as Victarion who I simply want to make the greatest chaos ever :lol:; it's unfair to all the people in Meereen, but sorry, I'm not very interested in the stuff going on there and I'd enjoy seeing Vic trying to tame/get/ride a dragon and making things even worse...

Alisha is my favorite. I love her becoming a more selfless person. And I'm a huge fan of

the

Time Traveler's Wife plotline

and the insanely hot sex scene involved.

I never liked

The Time Traveler's Wife, so maybe there's that. I felt that her character got to washed up, and lost some of her identity. And I never understood the whole Simon/Alisha thing. Besides her being hot, I didn't get why he would fall in love with her and why would she fall in love with him. As individuals, yes, both not to each other. Like, I can't remember a single thing they had in common.

The sex scene was beyond hot, though.

I quit after Series Two. I should watch the third one but I don't know if I'll like it without Nathan.

I never liked

The Time Traveler's Wife, so maybe there's that. I felt that her character got to washed up, and lost some of her identity. And I never understood the whole Simon/Alisha thing. Besides her being hot, I didn't get why he would fall in love with her and why would she fall in love with him. As individuals, yes, both not to each other. Like, I can't remember a single thing they had in common.

I quit after Series Two. I should watch the third one but I don't know if I'll like it without Nathan.

Eh, to each their own. BUT NO, DO NOT WATCH S3. It is awful, and S2 has the perfect ending anyway.

Eh, to each their own. BUT NO, DO NOT WATCH S3. It is awful, and S2 has the perfect ending anyway.

Hahaha, this is what everyone tells me! I shall hear the voices of wisdom :)

Ian McKellen AND Iwan Rheon together sounds over-awesome! =DD

Haha, good seperation :lol: :thumbsup:!

- Yes, I also have my favourites who are either good guys or very, very (dark-)gray (Davos, Stannis, Jaime, Jon, Theon, Asha, Shireen, Brienne, aso.) who I want to live at the end (I'm unsure about Theon... He's getting his identity more and more back, and I want him to become full Theon again, but he still thinks "Death did not frighten Theon Greyjoy. Death would mean an end to pain.", so I actually think he should be executed, because of his crimes, but also as a "coup de grâce");

- Characters I loathe and want to see dead, but they are enjoying (e.g. Cersei) or fascinating (e.g. Roose) or so over-crazy (e.g. Euron), but nevertheless should die at the end;

- and then there's someone as Victarion who I simply want to make the greatest chaos ever :lol:; it's unfair to all the people in Meereen, but sorry, I'm not very interested in the stuff going on there and I'd enjoy seeing Vic trying to tame/get/ride a dragon and making things even worse...

It is pretty awesome! And has a great cast that also includes Derek Jacobi, Frances de la Tour, Marcia Warren and Philip Voss. Great stuff.

Good point about Victarion. I love those crazy vikings.

EDIT: to avoid double-posting.

Edited by Empress Maude

I once caught some of the movie The Last Legion on tv, and it was like a parade of GOT actors. Iain Glen, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Nonso Anozie, Owen Teale, Robert Pugh, James Cosmo. I became convinced that everyone else in that movie should someday appear on GOT also. (We can start with Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell and Kevin McKidd as Jon Connington.)

Iain Glen (Mormont) was in Spooks (series 9), as was the guy who played Edmure (series 8; forgotten the actor's name, sorry). Liam Cunningham was in a great, indie movie called "The Numbers Station". Stephan Dillane was in the awful "King Arthur", too.

And Kit Harington will be in the upcoming Spooks movie.

Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton) currently plays Ash in UK comedy 'Vicious', alongside Sir Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi.

My husband's favourite sitcom show right now. Yet he hates, hates, hates Sean Bean in The Accused: Tracie's Story. :dunno: I personally loved Tracie's Story.

Davos plays the bad guy in Dog Soldiers. He's awesome.

Jaimie is in Oblivion I think. Just a small roll though.

Cersei is the queen in 300 and the main bad guy in Dredd.

Jorah is the bad guy in one of the Resi Evil films.

Sean Beans been in a few things.

King Robert was a stripper in some 90's film that may or may not hae also starred Ned.

Marg is also Ann Boleyn.

Melisandre plays a witch in a Sean bean medieval film... Forgot it's name. Bean gets pulled in half by 2 horses lol. Spoiler!

Erm... I can't think of too many more.

Liam Cunningham played the evil dog-murdering Captain Ryan. I hate that character so much, I was confused when I found out he'd been cast as my in-book fave, Davos. I've started warming up to him a little, but when watching Dog Soldiers I tend to revert back to my old hating ways.

Mark Addy (King Robert) co-starred with Robert Carlyle in 'The Full Monty' ... as male stripper wannabees. An old movie, but I still enjoy watching it now and again.

Lena Headey in Dredd - I really recommend this film.

Liam Cunningham, aside from the other mentions above, was in a fairly recent Dr. Who episode.

I second this. I have been a 'sorta' Lena fan since the Sarah Connor Chronicles - she actually made me briefly forget Linda Hamilton.

She's fantastic in Dredd ... which I went to see just for Karl Urban. I'm now officially a Lena fan. ;)

Iwan Rheon in Misfits as Simon. Great character, loved the show. Michelle Fairley also appeared in it, but just for two episodes.

Aidam Gillen in Wake Wood and The Wire.

Edit: To add information.

Iwan Rheon will always be Simon. My favourite Misfit.

I now have to rewatch the series, as I don't recall Michelle Fairley in it. :(

A whole bunch of them were in Doctor Who (both the new and the old)

doctor-who-game-of-thrones-crossovers.jp

http://d1mxyp5ceukbya.cloudfront.net/images/doctor-who-game-of-thrones-crossovers.jpg

:lol:

My gosh ... I do love spotting them in Doctor Who, but seeing all of them like this makes me wanna have a Dr. Who marathon. :) :cheers:

I never liked

Well, there is only one Nathan. My heart broke when Simon left, but then Rudy took over, and ... well, I recommend watching the later series if only to see Rudy.

Burn Gorman (Karl Tanner) in Turn, historical tv show set in the American Revolution, and Conleth Hill (Varys) in Inside Number 9: Tom and Gerri were wonderful surprises. :)

Edited by Wolfox6

She played Nathan's mother.

Thank you!

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure it out. For some reason, Rudy's family came to mind, but I would have instantly recognised her ...

I do recall her quite clearly being in Midsomer Murders, I just don't remember the season. :P

Edited by Wolfox6