GoT Actors in Other Stuff - Part 2

Stubby

Eh, to each their own. BUT NO, DO NOT WATCH S3. It is awful, and S2 has the perfect ending anyway.

Season 3 is a great season, much better than 2. In fact I find Rudy a much better character than Nathan. Joe Gilgun is doubtless a better actor in my mind, and Rudy is just more interesting, funnier and a more likeable and empathetic character, who can also shock you with his dick-ness. Season 4 was meh, but Season 5 was more or less flawless.

Also, there are four GoT actors in Perrier's Bounty, as well as Cillian Murphy, Jim Bradbent and Brendan Gleeson if no one said that.

Today I spotted Pedro Pascal in L&O. I didn't recognised him at first until I saw him smiling. He was a bad guy and I was like "noooo.. he couldn't rape and murder that girl! He wouldn't!".

I was right, he didn't murder her... =(

It was this episode: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031364/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_27

He's being like five different people in the L/O universe D:

Michelle Fairley and Robert Pugh were in a wonderful BBC1 drama on Sunday 6th of July called "Common" . It revolved around the legal issue of "Joint Enterprise", which was the basis for another really good BBC drama last year starring Joe Dempsie and Stephen Dillane, called "Murder: Joint Enterprise"

Edited by stannisismyking

Michelle Fairley and Robert Pugh were in a wonderful BBC1 drama on Sunday 6th of July called "Common" . It revolved around the legal issue of "Joint Enterprise", which was the basis for another really good BBC drama last year starring Joe Dempsie and Stephen Dillane, called "Murder: Joint Enterprise"

If I'd known Michelle was in it, I'd have watched Common! It was also round my way.

Never seen the Parole Officer, which is funny because I'm in it as an extra. Stephen's role has been mentioned before and the pic of him and Lena has been posted.

He was adorable in this series :) I really liked Clemence Poesy's acting, they had such lovely chemistry together and both characters were flawed and relatable in a very realistic way.

GoT introduced me to Stephen, and the Tunnel revealed his range to me and increased my opinion of his acting. I loved the subtle performance of Clemence. I would like to see her in more stuff.

Just spotted Stephen Dillane in "The Hours" : he's playing Virginia Woolf's husband.

And he was just awesome!!

MacKenzie Crook was the drug king pin in the 2nd group of Skins (don't remember which season) Hannah Murray in the first and second seasons - blonde and ditzy but much cuter than her Gilly character (helps when you aren't covered in fur and have to wear dirt in your hair!) Joe Dempsey (Gendry) was also on Skins season 1 & 2, helluvan actor even back then.

Liam Cunningham was the leader (Pres? Mayor? don't remember) in Outcast (verrrrry handsome)

David Bradley as a Prince (on the train) in Anna Karenina

Edited by ChildoftheTropicalForest

Also, looks like Ygritte is in Utopia².

And Downton Abbey as Gwen, a maid who took stenography and became a secretary (we heard Gwen got married last season...kept wanting to see her show up downstairs with Kit Harrington for a little cameo!)

Edited by ChildoftheTropicalForest

Never seen the Parole Officer, which is funny because I'm in it as an extra. Stephen's role has been mentioned before and the pic of him and Lena has been posted.

GoT introduced me to Stephen, and the Tunnel revealed his range to me and increased my opinion of his acting. I loved the subtle performance of Clemence. I would like to see her in more stuff.

The Tunnel is one of my favourite Dillane performances, but then again it's one of the main times he's been the lead in something like that that. He was in a couple of TV series in 2013 (Hunted and Secret State) but really only had bit parts.

He has been in some real rubbish (I've seen most of it) but I always feel he's more "into" theatre work and TV/movies just pay the bills. So his role in the The Tunnel was a revelation. And he even said he'd be willing to make a second series. The Scandinavian version took a while to make its second series so I'd imagine if The Tunnel 2 ever does happen it might not be for a couple of years.

I probably mentioned ages ago on this thread but Secret State is the best GoT Cast Drinking Game you will ever find. :stillsick: (Ripper Street is pretty good for that too but they don't tend to be in the same episodes)

Edited by stannisismyking

Quite a few Doctor Who crossovers, including both Thomas Sangster and Harry Lloyd in the Human Nature/Famly of Blood two parter. Joe Dempsie being in The Doctor's Daughter (as well as in another show, The Fades). Mark Gatiss playing both several roles in Who (most notably Dr. Lazarus in The Lazarus Experiment) as well as writing several episodes. Liam Cunningham as the captain in Cold War. I'm sure I'm missing more.

Roger Allam was also great in V for Vendetta and The Thick of It.

The other day I was watching Shadow Dancer, and was impressed that in the credits was listed Aidan Gillen... I didn't recognised him in the movie at all. Not only that, but I changed channels, and then James Cosmo's face appears on screen, in the film Citadel...

GoT cast is everywhere... everywhere.