GoT Actors in Other Stuff - Part 2

Stubby

Probably already mentioned but Rose Leslie had a role in Utopia, in a special entire flashback episode where she played a younger version of one of the characters.

That second season was such a disappointment. Which is a real shame, the opening episode with Rose Leslie was great (one of the best episode of television of last year) and that was really the only one that didn't soil that brilliant first season. Rose Leslie was probably the best thing about it. She was truly frightening, a much better showcase of her talent than anything on Thrones.

Edited by Veltigar

That second season was such a disappointment. Which is a real shame, the opening episode with Rose Leslie was great (one of the best episode of television of last year) and that was really the only one that didn't soil that brilliant first season. Rose Leslie was probably the best thing about it. She was truly frightening, a much better showcase of her talent than anything on Thrones.

So far, I've only watched the first two episodes of the second season of Utopia. Contrary to other show, I cant binge-watch that one, I take it quite slowly. Only four episodes to go but I'm curious as to where they are taking their story this season, especially since it should give a closure.

So far, I've only watched the first two episodes of the second season of Utopia. Contrary to other show, I cant binge-watch that one, I take it quite slowly. Only four episodes to go but I'm curious as to where they are taking their story this season, especially since it should give a closure.

Well, I wouldn't get my hopes up. The maker wanted to have a third season, but the show was cancelled :'( A real shame. That first season was spectacular.

Dang, that's some big news right there. It would be funny if Sophie was the first GoT actor to truly break out of the show as a star.

Idk I think NCW and Natalie Dormer have kind of beat her to the punch there.

Gethin Anthony (Renly) does a fantastic job in 'Copenhagen.' It's on Netflix and I definitely recommend checking it out, even if the description kinda freaks you out.

I saw that on Netflix and vaguely recognized the name "Gethin Anthony", only to check IMDB and remember that was the name of the dude who played Renly. Apparently he plays some sort of womanizer in that movie...talk about playing against type. I wasn't an overly big fan of show Renly...I mean I'm fairly lukewarm on book Renly as well but at least book Renly had a prescence that I felt his show counterpart severely lacked, though Id venture to guess that was because of D$Ds writing as opposed to Gethin Anthonys capabilities as an actor, so I'm willing to check it out.

I was just going to post this! Poor Liam was given so little to do :(

Irl Ive actually been told I look like a younger Liam Cunningham, largely because at various points in my life Ive hard a full beard similar to his...without the salt and pepper coloring obviously. I thought it wasn't as accurate without the beard though because I'm more babyfaced than him, but seeing him in First Knight, where he was young and pretty babyfaced himself, it kind of boosted my self esteem a bit lol. I actually even have curly dark brown hair like he did when he was younger, though I cut mine shorter.

Edited by RenlyIsNotRight

Wolf Hall, which is showing on BBC 2 for the next five weeks, has a smorgasbord of GoT second-stringers in it. So far I have spotted:

• Thomas Brodie Sangster (Jojen Reed) as Rafe Sadler

Anton Lesser (Qyburn) as Thomas More

Mark Gatiss (Tycho Nestoris) as Stephen Gardiner

Harry Lloyd (Viserys) as Harry Percy

Jonathan Pryce (High Sparrow) as Cardinal Wolsey

Miltos Yerolemou (Syrio) turned up briefly in this week's episode as the King of France. Turns out that Nina Gold is one of the casting directors for this, which explains all the overlap. I expect I'll see one of the dragons in a cameo next.

Edited by TheMaesterPlan

Miltos Yerolemou (Syrio) turned up briefly in this week's episode as the King of France. Turns out that Nina Gold is one of the casting directors for this, which explains all the overlap. I expect I'll see one of the dragons in a cameo next.

I actually grabbed hubby's hand in sheer glee on spotting him. :lol:

arent the actors who play rickon and renly in the dracula untold movie?

also Jaimie was in the other woman I recognized his make out styl

Rickon! So adorable!

Before the show ended I had it mapped out in my head how little Rickon would grow up and hunt down Lord Tywin as revenge for what he did to his father (Dracula) ... and was horribly disappointed that it ended the way it did. Boo.

• 2 weeks later...