GoT Actors in Other Stuff - Part 2

Stubby

I always think of Sean Bean as Richard Sharpe. I can't get used to him being old or playing any other role.

I'm sure this one was posted at least once in the last thread, but it always makes me smile a little when I see Bronn on screen:

I adore Robson & Jerome... So gloriously cheesy, and they look like they're having so much fun in these videos. And this video is pretty clever, actually. Hats off to them.

I just finished watching the "Ripper Street" season 1 episode guest starring Iain Glen as Drake's (Jerome Flynn) former commanding officer. It's a bit jarring seeing the two of them together outside Westeros. 

I have noticed three actors from AGOT in Poirot series:

Aidan Gillen in Five Little Pigs - trough I noticed this only in the description of the movie

Ian Glen in Elephants can remember

Tom Wlaschiha in The Labours for Hercules 

From this topic I can add:

Alexander Siddig in Cards on the Table

Oliver Ford Davis in The murder of Roger Ackroyd

Later I also found

Donald Sumpter (maester Luwin) in THe ABC Murders

Have anyone noticed anyone else?

I adore Robson & Jerome... So gloriously cheesy, and they look like they're having so much fun in these videos. And this video is pretty clever, actually. Hats off to them.

I just finished watching the "Ripper Street" season 1 episode guest starring Iain Glen as Drake's (Jerome Flynn) former commanding officer. It's a bit jarring seeing the two of them together outside Westeros. 

There's also Michael McElhatton (Roose) in a later episode. And Dean-Charles Chapman in S3. Not to forget Joseph Mawle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone watched "And you are ugly too"?

I watched the film a few months ago, at the Athens Film festival.

Aiden Gillen stars as a convict who is allowed to leave prison, in order to take care of his niece, following the death of his sister. Will is trying to adjust to life after prison while Stacey, his niece, suffers from narcolepsy. They move to a caravan park and he has to prove that he is able to take care of Stacey, otherwise he will return back to prison and she will be given to a foster family. There they meet their Romanian neighbour, Tibor and his Belgian wife, Emilie, who becomes Stacey's tutor and is a love interest to Will. The film balances between comedy and drama successfully and the ending is bittersweet. It is basically a story of an unconventional family and the dark secrets that lurk. 

It is refreshing to see Gillen performing as a hero, even as someone who has many flaws as Will does.

Mark Noonan, the director was also present during the screening and he said that Alexander Payne has been an influence, although not for this particular film.

In the end, it is revealed that Will went to prison, after he murdered Stacey's father, when the latter was being abusive towards Stacey's mother. Stacey is devastated when she finds out and eventually Will loses her custody. The ending is very ambiguous and it is left to the viewer to decide what happenned to Will. He briefly reunites with Stacey, who appears to be happy. The director likes to think that Will had a happy ending and he kept contact with Stacey, whereas Gillen is more pesimistic, believing that Will died from drug use.

It is possible that they have been mentioned already (as I myself have done so in other threads) but Charles Dance and Indira Varma have great video game voice work, the first for both of them I believe. She's in Dragon Age Inquisition and he's in The Withcer 3. Both performances are great, especially Dance's, who's playing quite a similar character to Tywin (maybe a little too similar, it's apparent that the developers were more than inspired by his part in GoT, I'd wager they had him in mind for the role from the beginning).

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎.‎03‎.‎2014 at 5:56 PM, The Prince of Newcastle said:

Davos plays the bad guy in Dog Soldiers. He's awesome.

Jaimie is in Oblivion I think. Just a small roll though.

Cersei is the queen in 300 and the main bad guy in Dredd.

Jorah is the bad guy in one of the Resi Evil films.

Sean Beans been in a few things.

King Robert was a stripper in some 90's film that may or may not hae also starred Ned.

Marg is also Ann Boleyn.

Melisandre plays a witch in a Sean bean medieval film... Forgot it's name. Bean gets pulled in half by 2 horses lol. Spoiler!

Erm... I can't think of too many more.

The movie with Sean Bean and the actress playing Melisandre is called "Black Death" - actually not so bad once you've gotten used to the ever-swaying camera :)

Saw NCW in a pilot for a series called "Virtuality" - the show was never picked up so there's only the pilot. That proved to be very interesting, though. It's just very frustrating that by the end of not even 90 minutes you are left with lots and lots of questions that will never be answered *hmpf*

Lena Headey is also in "Brothers Grimm", as the daughter of a huntsman.

Ciaran Hinds was Julius Caesar on HBO's "Rome"; also saw him in a horror movie starring Daniel Radcliffe called "The Woman in Black".

Edited by Jehane

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to remember the name of the film, it's a supernatural period thriller, not too good. But both IHW (Bran) and Joseph Mawle (Benjen) are in it.

Here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1687901/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_15

Edited by kissdbyfire