Lord Karstark Killing Catelyn

Tywin Manderly

Yall are completely off topic

Its inevitable. Let's bring it back...

Karstark had no right to kill Catelyn just as he had no right to kill Jaime or the Lannister squires. Catelyn also had no right to release Jaime, but her motivation was different than Karstark's when he killed the Lannister boys. Catelyn was negotiating (albeit not well) to get her daughters to safety whereas Karstark might have put Sansa and Arya (they don't know anything about Arya's situation) in direct danger by actually killing a hostage. Their treasons are different, therefore, one lost their head and the other was under house arrest.

Also, for good measure. Catelyn did not cause the WotFK, that rests on the shoulders of Jaime, Cersei, Joffrey, Tywin, LF, and Varys. (in that order, I might add.)

• 8 months later...

I don't even understand why he thought he had any right to revenge over the Lannisters nevermind Catelyn. His kids died in battle, no Lannister came into their beds and killed them in the cradle. It was a war and his kids chose to fight they were beat by someone better If they were old enough to fight, they were old enough to die. Did Lord Karstark expect every father of everyone he'd killed to come at him for revenge for their dead sons? People die in battle thats kind of the usual outcome. It just seems to me he threw a hissy fit.

Archived