Coldhands Crackpottery

ugashep

I have noticed that Coldhands is a mild obsession of some posters and fertile ground for crackpottery. What are the most crackpot ideas you have heard about Coldhands, his identity, his purpose, etc. If he's not the Night's King, some random ranger, or Ben Stark, who is he? Should we even care? How would you like to see him end up?

I don't think he's Benjen personally, but it wouldn't blow me away if he was. Whoever he is I just want to know more... if he's a random ranger he should still have some story - maybe he was one of Bloodraven's buddies and he has the story of when Bloodraven came to the wall, or came to the cave. Maybe he was a ranger way back with the Night's King and he has some of that story...

Basically as long as we get more info from him I'm happy, just don't neglect him as an unanswered mystery guy with a hidden face and no payoff.

its pretty much impossible for CH to be Benjen.

He is most likley the Nights King or some random NW ranger.

But i really like the idea that he is Daemon and the product of experimentation from Blood Raven. Dabbling into the magic of the others.

I thought it was the Night's King. But I really like the idea of Daemon II as well.

I have a pretty baseless theory that Coldhands is one of the 79 sentinels from the Nightfort tale that Bloodraven has woken up for one last assignment (getting Bran to the Children).

This sounds good as well.

I'm pretty sure it's not Benjen though.

Love me some Coldhands!

He can't be Benjen. I also doubt that he is warged, since the physical attributes of an animal do not change when they are warged.

I found it interesting that he was described as 'Bran's monster', as though he was specifically brought forth for Bran.

Archived