R + L = J v 69

Stubby

Indeed! I especially like the fact that Bran's visions are not limited by time - there is past, present as well as the future. Isn't this kind of what the weirwood is supposed to do?

Indeed! I especially like the fact that Bran's visions are not limited by time - there is past, present as well as the future. Isn't this kind of what the weirwood is supposed to do?

Yes good point! Reminds me of the BR (I think?) quote about the tree, the acorn and the stump.

Hey guys. I'm really curious why there are 69 pinned threads about R+L=J, but I just saw a thread about a discussion about alternatives to this theory and it was locked? I wanted to respond to it.

You could bring up the question/issue/comment here, related discussion about Jon's parentage is OK.

I really don't know why some people are reading too much into the "salt and smoke" thing. Could it not be metaphorical, as in "born amongst war"? Salt from the tears of those who lost loved ones and smoke from the fires of war?

The most ridiculous one I have read so far is that the salt was in the eyes of the black brother when he stabbed Jon. Absolute stretch.

Hey guys. I'm really curious why there are 69 pinned threads about R+L=J, but I just saw a thread about a discussion about alternatives to this theory and it was locked? I wanted to respond to it.

The most common alternatives are disputed in the essays linked in the reference guide here, anyway. Bring your question over here :-)

In truth, the young lord commander and her king had more in common than either one would ever be willing to admit. Stannis had been a younger son living in the shadow of his elder brother, just as Jon Snow, bastard-born, had always been eclipsed by his trueborn sibling, the fallen hero men had called the Young Wolf. Both men were unbelievers by nature, mistrustful, suspicious. The only gods they truly worshiped were honor and duty.

“Ser Patrek feels he would have made a better match for Lady Alys. His lands were lost to him when he came north.”

“There are many in this hall who have lost far more than that,” said Jon, “and more who have given up their lives in service to the realm. Ser Patrek should count himself fortunate.”

Axell Florent smiled. “The king might say the same if he were here.”

Two different people compare Jon with the king.

Two different people compare Jon with the king.

Now, that's one I haven't seen yet!

The only gods they truly worshiped were honor and duty.

Isn't it peculiar that in a way, both Stannis and Jon are the rightful kings? Both heirs of a ruling dynasty, both deprived of their claim by less worthy ones.

Plus, if these are the makings of a true king, do we see anything like that in fAegon? I don't.

Archived