R + L = J v 69

Stubby

Maybe someone has already thought of this, or maybe it's too obvious: green dragon for the Blackfire (Aegon), black dragon for Dany, and the white (ice) dragon for Jon, Rhaegar's true son?

If it's too obvious, it will shortly be denounced as a fraud, a snare, and a delusion. :) :)

There is a certain symmetry to the idea which may be pleasing to some to be sure.

But in any case Quaithe already warned Daenerys not to trust "the mummer's dragon" and Dany will likely make Aegon for a fake (a cloth dragon on poles), so no dragon for Aegon. Also Jon will end up on the dragon named for his birth father, as likely as not. Viserion is too nice a dragon for the grey character Jon is going to become after the Ides of Marsh.

If it's too obvious, it will shortly be denounced as a fraud, a snare, and a delusion. :) :)

There is a certain symmetry to the idea which may be pleasing to some to be sure.

But in any case Quaithe already warned Daenerys not to trust "the mummer's dragon" and Dany will likely make Aegon for a fake (a cloth dragon on poles), so no dragon for Aegon. Also Jon will end up on the dragon named for his birth father, as likely as not. Viserion is too nice a dragon for the grey character Jon is going to become after the Ides of Marsh.

I think Tyrion will ride Viserion and Victarion will ride Rhaegal. These two dragonriders later will betray Dany (parallel to Ulf the White and Hugh Hammer) and their dragons will not survive the Dance 2.0. Probably Tyrion will betray her for the gold of Casterly Rock. That means Victarion's motive for betraying her will be love. Drogon will be the last living dragon similar to Sheepstealer (Drogon used to steal sheeps).

I think Tyrion will ride Viserion and Victarion will ride Rhaegal. These two dragonriders later will betray Dany (parallel to Ulf the White and Hugh Hammer) and their dragons will not survive the Dance 2.0. Probably Tyrion will betray her for the gold of Casterly Rock. That means Victarion's motive for betraying her will be love. Drogon will be the last living dragon similar to Sheepstealer (Drogon used to steal sheeps).

I don't think so. I don't think Tyrion will betray her for CR as he will not need to choose between Dany and CR, as CR is his seat and the gold can finance Dany's campaign, so she has no reason to refuse to take CR. I think it is more likely he betrays her by freeing Jaime and helping him escape.

I don't see Ulf the White and Hugh the Hammer parallels for Tyrion and Victarion. Victarion will already have betraye dher by killing Hizdahr along with possibly Barristan, Jorah and Daario.

I don't think so. I don't think Tyrion will betray her for CR as he will not need to choose between Dany and CR, as CR is his seat and the gold can finance Dany's campaign, so she has no reason to refuse to take CR. I think it is more likely he betrays her by freeing Jaime and helping him escape.

I don't see Ulf the White and Hugh the Hammer parallels for Tyrion and Victarion. Victarion will already have betraye dher by killing Hizdahr along with possibly Barristan, Jorah and Daario.

Jaime can also work for the treason for gold because of his golden hand. Ulf was a drunk and Hugh Hammer was a brute. That is why I thought drunk Tyrion and brute Victarion would betray the dragon queen.

Jaime can also work for the treason for gold because of his golden hand. Ulf was a drunk and Hugh Hammer was a brute. That is why I thought drunk Tyrion and brute Victarion would betray the dragon queen.

And Tyrion can be the deuterantagonist between Aegon and Daenerys. I think that he will betray both by setting each one against the other in order to take his revenge on Cersei, and to seize Casterly Rock. This results in the Dance of the Dragons 2.0. As a result, Aegon is killed and Dany's reputation takes a hit, especially if she squabbles with Aegon over the Iron Throne while Jon Snow fights the true threat to the North; the Others.

It is more likely that Tyrion Betrays Dany for Love. He is married to the Lady Sansa.

Though Tyrion has always had money, he has never come across as greedy, in my opinion.

Tyrion: "The gold I'll grant you, but the Rock is Mine".

I don't see betrayal for gold as being in his future.

It is more likely that Tyrion Betrays Dany for Love. He is married to the Lady Sansa.

Though Tyrion has always had money, he has never come across as greedy, in my opinion.

You need to see from the perspective of a Classical Greek play. The Deuteragonist bounces between the antagonist and the protagonist, manipulating each person against the other. This is why I believe that Tyrion will fulfill that role with Aegon and Daenerys in order to get Casterly Rock.

Here's the info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuteragonist

Neither do I.

I rather wonder about the dynamics between the ugliest man in the world, and the most beautiful woman in the world.

Neither do I.

I rather wonder about the dynamics between the ugliest man in the world, and the most beautiful woman in the world.

"Dragons," Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros... "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

This fits in my theory that Tyrion is the deuteragonist between Daenery's protagonist and Aegon's antagonist.

That would make Tyrion's betrayel the betrayel for love. No one ever said it had to be love for Dany.

"Dragons," Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros... "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

This fits in my theory that Tyrion is the deuteragonist between Daenery's protagonist and Aegon's antagonist.

That could fit nicely with other descriptions given about Tyrion. Jon sees him with a giant shadow at Winterfell. Varys says that even a small man can cast a large shadow. So Moqorro seems to be right about it being Tyrion, as he thinks himself. And Tyrion has already influenced Aegon, and is now close to Meereen, ready to become an influence to Dany. Might be that that's enough to fullfill Tyrion's role as a deuteragonist... Though I'm not familiar with the subject. Would it require Tyrion to meet several times with both Aegon and Dany?

That would make Tyrion's betrayel the betrayel for love. No one ever said it had to be love for Dany.

That could fit nicely with other descriptions given about Tyrion. Jon sees him with a giant shadow at Winterfell. Varys says that even a small man can cast a large shadow. So Moqorro seems to be right about it being Tyrion, as he thinks himself. And Tyrion has already influenced Aegon, and is now close to Meereen, ready to become an influence to Dany. Might be that that's enough to fullfill Tyrion's role as a deuteragonist... Though I'm not familiar with the subject. Would it require Tyrion to meet several times with both Aegon and Dany?

I think that it will be possible that Tyrion may meet several time with both without the other's knowledge, just as deuteragonists in classical Greek plays did. During that time, he will manipulate both for his own end, and when Daenerys finds out Tyrion deceived her, he has already seized Casterly Rock from Cersei.

Oh?

George, how many accounts do you have over here?

:) :) None so far as I know. He has said that he ignores the forums. Parris, however, does have an account and according the members list about 500 posts, last one on 13 December. I think that she uses her account mostly to post announcements.

It's just occurred to me that bright could very well mean red - having in mind that this was a choice of words made by a red priest, fire colours (red, orange, yellow) could lend themselves synonymous to the adjective bright (and its inherent positive connotations) vs the dark = black, grey colours.

Red Dragon vs Black Dragon, basically.

It's just occurred to me that bright could very well mean red - having in mind that this was a choice of words made by a red priest, fire colours (red, orange, yellow) could lend themselves synonymous to the adjective bright (and its inherent positive connotations) vs the dark = black, grey colours.

Red Dragon vs Black Dragon, basically.

So you understood the angle Lamprey and I have settled on; that Tyrion is gonna be the deuteragonist that initiates the whole DotD 2.0.

I thought Plumm was the treason for gold? I think for Jaime it would have been the treason for love, or for blood, since blood is used interchangeably with relatives.

I thought Plumm was the treason for gold? I think for Jaime it would have been the treason for love, or for blood, since blood is used interchangeably with relatives.

Are you familiar with classical Greek plays? They usually have at least 3 actors, and each one plays a specific role. The role I am focusing on for Tyrion is deuteragonist because in these kind of plays they usually bounce between the protagonist and the antagonist. And I believe that Tyrion has his own agenda, and that is CR. If he see a opportunity to create chaos in order to steal it away from Cersei, then I think he'll take it. That why I believe that the treason for gold is actually Tyrion's not love.

Are you familiar with classical Greek plays? They usually have at least 3 actors, and each one plays a specific role. The role I am focusing on for Tyrion is deuteragonist because in these kind of plays they usually bounce between the protagonist and the antagonist. And I believe that Tyrion has his own agenda, and that is CR. If he see a opportunity to create chaos in order to steal it away from Cersei, then I think he'll take it. That why I believe that the treason for gold is actually Tyrion's not love.

I don't think Tyrion is foolish enough to betray Dany for gold since he sees her as a means to get CR and his revenge on Cersei. I don't see him screwing Dany for CR, since that would be a serious political miscalculation as without Dany he has nowhere else to go. I think it would also be better for the story if he betrayed her for Jaime, as his reason for betrayal would be closer to the heart.

I don't think Tyrion is foolish enough to betray Dany for gold since he sees her as a means to get CR and his revenge on Cersei. I don't see him screwing Dany for CR, since that would be a serious political miscalculation as without Dany he has nowhere else to go. I think it would also be better for the story if he betrayed her for Jaime, as his reason for betrayal would be closer to the heart.

I think you will be disappointed by TWoW, because I think GRRM intended the second DoTD to mirror a classical Greek play, not your version.

Archived