Sandor's destiny

Light a wight tonight

The Hound that was promised would certainly be an interesting way to progress the story

WOOF WOOF!!

I might actually give this theory thought just because I really do want to see lots more of Sandor in the next books, but iirc, he didn't make it to Saltpans, did he? That makes me think, at least in that respect........he hasn't fulfilled the salt part of the equation. It's a damn shame. :crying:

If we're going for dark horse AA candidates, I prefer Davos.

Sandor I don't think will come back into the story. I know a lot of people want him to, but I think him ending up as the Gravedigger on QI is a perfect completion of his arc.

Oh hell no! He's got Ser Robert Strong to deal with! If he doesn't get even with his "brother" in some way shape if form I'm gunna be sorely disappointed.

As the Elder Brother on the Quiet Isle has said: Sandor Clegane is dead (in a metaphorical sense). He isn't the same person anymore. Provided of course, he is actually alive / the Gravedigger.

I am highly convinced that we won't see him in the future books. His arc is somewhat done, I am sorry to say.

ETA: He might actually be one of the few characters who gets a happy end, as subtle as it might be.

ETA No.2: His brother Gregor is also not the same person anymore. He's been transformed into some kind of Frankenstein-monster (and therefore probably dead). So there can't be any real beef between them anymore, if you think about it. Idk, i might be proven wrong, of course, who knows.

While I don't think we've seen the last of Sandor Clegane, I don't think he will be Ahai reborn. It's an interesting theory to entertain, however.

I agree. Sandor might not be AA, but between The Mountain still existing in some form, people still hunting for The Stark girls right under his nose, the problem of really awful men continually impersonating him with the helm, I don't think Sandor's story is done.

I'm one who believes that his job as Gravedigger may wrap up when he's actually managed to put the same amount of bodies to rest on The Quiet Isle as he killed during his life as The Hound? Maybe.

He wouldn't be effectively absent for two and a half books if he was really meant for something great. His destiny is to die. He may have already, slim chance, I know, I've read lots on the gravedigger, but its not fact yet...

Also, he's woken no dragons from stone.

I agree. Sandor might not be AA, but between The Mountain still existing in some form, people still hunting for The Stark girls right under his nose, the problem of really awful men continually impersonating him with the helm, I don't think Sandor's story is done.

I'm one who believes that his job as Gravedigger may wrap up when he's actually managed to put the same amount of bodies to rest on The Quiet Isle as he killed during his life as The Hound? Maybe.

I think he'll be at peace on the Quiet Isle until he finds out that his brother still "lives."

The first book seemed to foreshadow a Jaime/Sandor/Mountain throwdown at some point. I for one look forward to that moment.

I think he'll be at peace on the Quiet Isle until he finds out that his brother still "lives."

The first book seemed to foreshadow a Jaime/Sandor/Mountain throwdown at some point. I for one look forward to that moment.

I'm not sure that it will take information on his brother to get him off the Quiet Isle. I'm a bit suspicious that he may have already left sometime after Brienne did. If Sandor in anyway thought that others could use Brienne's quest for the Stark girls to hurt them, he might be interested in stopping them.

It's a longshot, but I'm suspicious that the Brienne, Jaime, LS situation along with still missing Stark girls could lead Sandor back into the world, if it hasn't already. It's a long shot, but I'm a bit suspicious about it.

He wouldn't be effectively absent for two and a half books if he was really meant for something great. His destiny is to die. He may have already, slim chance, I know, I've read lots on the gravedigger, but its not fact yet...

Theon was absent practically forever, and it gave his return as a shell of his former self an even greater impact. I would cheer outloud at the Hounds return, getting vengeance and maybe even pledging himself to The Starks.

While he hasn't necessarily been on scene, he hasn't been entirely absent either. He's mentioned/thought about numerous times by Sansa, Cersei, Jaime, Kevan, Tyrion, and Arya, among others. He also shows up on scene in Brienne's POV as the grave digger. Again, while I don't think he's AA, I do expect him to return and do something pretty epic, and I do think Bran's prophetic vision foreshadows this.

Also, while he's woken no dragons, I believe he has a destiny with dragons as foreshadowed by his tortured relationship with fire.

The most satisfying ending for Sandor himself would be to find peace on the QI. I would not mind reading about a character turning towards religion but written by an agnostic like Martin, someone who has the same onlook on religion that I have. It might teach me something.

As soon as the character Sandor leaves the QI he is dead meat: he would either die saving Sansa from whatever or fighting his brother.

Sandor is a rather interesting literary character and I would not mind him getting a peaceful ending. But it would be karmic if he ended in the sausage of Mycah's dad.

I do really hope we see Sandor again, though I'm not quite sure we will, or in what capacity.

(Personally I'd love for him to run into burned!Loras at some point, but I know that's highly unlikely)

I wouldn't be surprised if he sees Sansa at least once more before the end.

Same here. I 100% believe his story isn't done yet.

As the Elder Brother on the Quiet Isle has said: Sandor Clegane is dead (in a metaphorical sense). He isn't the same person anymore. Provided of course, he is actually alive / the Gravedigger.

I am highly convinced that we won't see him in the future books. His arc is somewhat done, I am sorry to say.

ETA: He might actually be one of the few characters who gets a happy end, as subtle as it might be.

ETA No.2: His brother Gregor is also not the same person anymore. He's been transformed into some kind of Frankenstein-monster (and therefore probably dead). So there can't be any real beef between them anymore, if you think about it. Idk, i might be proven wrong, of course, who knows.

For me personally I'd just like to see the hound and Mountainstein square off before his arc has ended. Which by the way is no way in hell over. Are the stark girls home safe? Negative. Why would George have a pov show up on the QI and bring attention to a certain gravedigger who happens to show signs of having the same injuries as Sandor if not to have him come back? And for that matter a pov who happens to be on the same quest that he was once on! Coincidence? But yeah his arc is probably over👍

Archived