The Rundown of the Dance of Dragons 2.0 Part 2 [TpatQ SPoilers]

Fire Eater

I'm restarting my old thread with theories stemming from possible clues I found in TPatQ. Here are a few to start:

The Faith

With the High Septon in Oldtown, too old and frail to journey to King's Landing, it fell to Septon Eustace to anoint King Aegon's brow with holy oils, and bless him in the seven names of god.

I think Oldtown will serve as Aegon's capital throughout the Dance. The HS is currentlyin KL to Oldtown, and I think he will side with Aegon, blessing him with oils and naming him the rightful king.

His Grace had the Arbor too

FAegon will have the Arbor.

Dragonstone

Rhaenyra was Princess of Dragonstone, and given Jon is the rightful king, that would make Dany the Princess of Dragonstone. Aegon got a head start on her in getting support like Aegon II did Rhaenys.

we all know that one's nature. Make no mistake, should Rhaenyra ever sit the Iron Throne, it will be Daemon who rules us, a king consort as cruel and unforgiving as Maegor ever was

Daemon, Rhaenyra's husband, is the one who is considered the real danger, and he has a bad reputation along with being a skilled soldier and politician. Tyrion has a bad reputation, especially after killing his father, and his skills as a commander and politician don't need to be explained. The greens will think if Dany rules, since Tyrion is her Hand and/or consort, he would be the one actually ruling them.

They say all Lannisters are twisty snakes.

Corlys Velaryon was nicknamed "the Sea Snake," and his fleet was pledged to Rhaenyra's cause and he brought back riches from the east. I think the Corlys Velaryon parallel in the Dance of Dragons 2.0 will be a Lannister, Gerion. If he is the corsair king mentioned in ASoS and AFfC, then he will pledge his fleet to Dany's cause by virtue of his nephew, Tyrion. He will likely bring riches from the east form his years of piracy, especially from his raid of Tall Trees Town.

Dany's Envoys Meet the Fate of Luke Velaryon

The greatest danger was deemed to be Storm's End, for House Baratheon had always been staunch in support of the claims of Princess Rhaenys and her children. Though old Lord Boremund had died, his son Boros was even more belligerent than his father . . ."Your purpose is to win the hand of one of Lord Baratheon's daughters," his grandsire Ser Otto told him [Aemond], before he flew. "Any of the four will do. Woo her and wed her, and Lord Borros will deliver the stormlands for your brother."

Give me back my spear, Uncle. Cersei sent us a head, We should send her back a bag of them.

Later when Rhaenyra's envoy comes to win SE, Lord Baratheon tells him that one of his daughters is going to be married to one side while Luke refuses the marriage offer to one of his daughters. I think the parallel fits with the Martells. Doran Martell was a staunch supporter of House Targaryen and Dany's family, but Aegon marries his daughter Arianne, securing Dorne for his side while Dany refused the marriage offer to Doran's son, Quentyn.

If we go further with this parallel, Aemond kills Rhaenyra's envoy, Luke. I think when Dany sends an envoy to Dorne, Arianne, thinking that Dany gave the Martells' envoy, Quentyn, to her dragons, will kill Dany's envoy and possibly his party as retribution, likely done by Obara or Tyene. Aemond killed an envoy with his house's sigil, a dragon and I think Obara may kill the envoy with her house's sigil, a spear.

Fishfeed Parallel

he [Aegon II] tore the chain of the office from his neck and tossed it to Criston Cole

As I have argued before, Jaime is the Kingmaker in the sense that every king he has supported has sat the IT from Aerys to Tommen.

[Criston Cole's] foraging parties that ventured further did not return

Half the men I [Daven Lannister] send off to look for food do not return.

ghastly tableaux where armored corpses sat beneath the trees in rotting rainment, in a grotesque mockery of a feast . . . [scouts] paying no heed to the rotting dead . . . until the corpses sprang up and fell upon them

Farther on she [Dany in the HotU] came upon a feast of corpses

Criston Cole being Hand could foreshadow Jaime becoming Hand of the King. Criston Cole visits Harrenhal, and later finds himself surrounded by enemies with his forces being picked off in the riverlands. The corpse feast Dany sees in the HotU refers to the RW, and the ghostly tableaux in TPatQ attacking Cole's men could point to or foreshadow, UnCat, one of the feasters killed at the RW, having the Lannister forces killed off. In the Dance of Dragons, the Lannister force in the riverlands was destroyed in the Fishfeed, and Cat's sigil is a fish, so this could foreshadow Jaime's forces in the riverlands being destroyed by the BwB, possibly with the help of riverlords who declare for Dany.

Sorry to say this, but there will be no DoD 2.0

• Dany has no strong desire to rule, much less rule Westeros

Aegon doesn't have dragons

There isn't enough time; the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 and it's aftermath takes precedent

1) Dany does have a strong desire to rule, not being very good at it due to little experience (and she still almost managed to save Mereen) doesn't mean she doesn't want to do it.

2) Dany has one dragon right now. Who will claim the other two that are roaming wild is yet to be seen.

3) Battle of Dawn 2.0 is the last book (and GRRM might still have to revise his plan for 7 books to 8), so there's still "space" for a disastrous conflict in southern Westeros.

Second Battle of Tumbleton Parallel

She [Dany's silver] was grey as the winter sea, with a mane like silver smoke.

Seasmoke spread his pale grey wings

The dragon ridden by Addam Velaryon was Seasmoke, a pale silver-grey dragon, and I think the dragon is a parallel for Dany's silver. Addam was legitimized into the heir to High Tide. I know one bastard that Dany will run into in Lys: Edric Storm.

Not long after Addam of Hull had proved himself by flying Seasmoke, Lord Corlys went so far as to petition Queen Rhaenyra to remove the taint of bastardy from him and his brother.

I think Edric Storm will be legitimized by Dany at Tyrion's behest to make him their puppet Lord of SE and a Baratheon. I think the decree will be a blanket decree, legitimizing all of Robert's bastards. Addam's brother, Alyn AKA Oakenfist, became Lord of the Tides, so I think the only brother we know Edric has, Gendry, will become Lord of SE. Alyn was also in love with the gawky, shrewd girl, Elaena Targaryen, who was sister to two kings, and cousin to another, and wore her hair short for a while. I think Arya is the Elaena parallel, a gawky, shrewd girl who wore her hair short for a while after Yoren cut it, and is sister to two kings, Robb the Young Wolf who is paralled with the Young Dragon, and Rickon (I think Rickon will be given a brief reign as KitN after Stannis dies) and cousin to another, Jon.

a blacksmith's bastard, a towering man called Hugh the Hammer

The three dragonriders in the Second Battle of Tumbleton are Ulf the White, Hugh the Hammer and Addam Velaryon. Hugh the Hammer, a black-haired large man who uses a hammer, sounds a lot like Robert. I think like Rhaenyra, Dany will have two betrayers, my guesses Brown Ben and possibly Aurane Waters, both descended from the brother of Addam Velaryon, and will think Edric will betray her as well given he is a bastard and/or the Usurper's son, like Rhaenyra thought Addam would betray her for being a bastard.

Singers say Addam had flown from King's Landing to the God's Eye, where he landed on the sacred Isle of Faces took counsel with the Green Men.

Someone will help him escape, possibly the BF, who could have Edric squiring for him, and I think he will take Dany's silver, and, like Addam, try to prove his loyalty. I think he will consult Moqorro who will tell him where the greens' camp is, or where their forces are meeting up. He will rally men to launch a surprise attack on the greens' camp, possibly at Summerhall to win a victory like his father's that he mentioned in ASoS.

The battle between Tessarion and Seasmoke was different . . . they circled, snapping and roaring, spitting fire, but never closing

Tessarion was ridden by Daeron, who shares the name with two Targaryen kings who brought Dorne into their realm, and Daeron aided the Hightowers. Aegon will have Dorne at his side, and I think he will aid the Hightowers in the Battle of Oldtown. The battle between Addam and Daeron's dragons could foreshadow Edric crossing swords with Aegon. It may be an even match given Aegon's skill with a sword as shown with Duck and Edric never missing a morning's work with sword and shield as noted by Davos.

The dance ended when Vermithor rose roaring into the sky.

Seasmoke was the first to die when Vermithor locked his teeth into his neck and ripped his head off

[bold Jon Roxton] thrusting it deep into Hammer's belly, before opening the bastard from groin to throat

I wanted the glory of slaying Robert in single combat, and I did not want the name of butcher. So Robert escaped me and cut down Rhaegar at the Trident. "I failed the father," he [Connington] said, "but I will not fail the son."

The accused turncloak Addam Velaryon, born Addam of Hull, had saved King's Landing from the queen's foes . . . at the cost of his own life.

But then Connington will join the fray, with the haunting memory of Robert killing Rhaegar, and now he sees Robert's son trying to slay (supposedly) Rhaegar's son. He will finally be able to slay Robert in the form of his son, and save Rhaegar in the form of "his son," Aegon. Like Seasmoke against Vermithor, Edric has no chance against an older, more experienced veteran like Connington, who may open him from navel to throat, or decapitate him.

There isn't enough time; the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 and it's aftermath takes precedent

The second Dance is confirmed by GRRM, and heavily foreshadowed. Its happening.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1248

The second will be subject of a book: TPatQ; check

The first will be mentioned from time to time: .........?

Then what was the first Dance of Dragons, if the events of TPatQ were the second?

I believe the conflict called "the Dance of Dragons" obviously is the first Dance of Dragons. TPatQ, was originally meant for the WoIAF I believe.

Then what was the first Dance of Dragons, if the events of TPatQ were the second?

I believe the conflict called "the Dance of Dragons" obviously is the first Dance of Dragons. TPatQ, was originally meant for the WoIAF I believe.

Well GRRM apparently said the second Dance will be subject of a book which seems to be TPatQ. There are only two books left, not including any future novellas. I don't see how Aegon vs Dany can be the subject of one of the remaining books.

Well GRRM apparently said the second Dance will be subject of a book which seems to be TPatQ. There are only two books left, not including any future novellas. I don't see how Aegon vs Dany can be the subject of one of the remaining books.

Actually, as I have already pointed out, TPaTQ wasn't originally intended to be a separate work but part of the World of Ice and Fire, after GRRM made that statement. He originally intended the She-Wolves of Winterfell to be in Dangerous Women. It is also the only conflict we know of called the Dance of Dragons, and that would clearly make it the first such event.

The war between Aegon and Dany could be the subject of a book as GRRM said, but that doesn't mean it would be the only area of focus for narration.

Actually, as I have already pointed out, TPaTQ wasn't originally intended to be a separate work but part of the World of Ice and Fire, after GRRM made that statement. He originally intended the She-Wolves of Winterfell to be in Dangerous Women. It is also the only conflict we know of called the Dance of Dragons, and that would clearly make it the first such event.

The war between Aegon and Dany could be the subject of a book as GRRM said, but that doesn't mean it would be the only area of focus for narration.

I guess we shall see.

I just don't see how GRRM will be able to fit it in the last two books. With the Wot5K still winding down, the War in Meereen, and the Battle for the Dawn 2.0.

I guess we shall see.

I just don't see how GRRM will be able to fit it in the last two books. With the Wot5K still winding down, the War in Meereen, and the Battle for the Dawn 2.0.

I think the second Dance could start in TWoW and extend into ADoS.

'Dragon' has also been used to refer to Targaryens. The Dance of the Dragons 2.0 could be a metaphor for conflict between Dany and Aegon. There's another 1000+ page book and likely several years of narrative until we have to get to the Battle for the Dawn. There's plenty of time.

It's super-cute that people think the "Battle for the Dawn v2.0" will be a Pellenor Fields-type situation. I just don't feel like that's the narrative I've been reading.

Actually I believe that the DotD 2.0 will be a bloody affair, with thousands of people losing their lives because two Targaryens claimants decide to squabble over who should be on the throne, while the true heir is fighting the true threat to Westeros.

Actually I believe that the DotD 2.0 will be a bloody affair, with thousands of people losing their lives because two Targaryens claimants decide to squabble over who should be on the throne, while the true heir is fighting the true threat to Westeros.

Sounds about right.

Archived