Lysa or Catelyn

Tywin Manderly

Catelyn. While Lysa had her share of troubles and "fucked up shit" along the road, she still tried to murder her 13 year old niece in a drunken rage for "seducing" her husband. So yea, I have little sympathy for Lysa, and while I can't say I really like Cat, she still stands head and shoulders above Lysa for me.

Is it fair to compare the results of two life experiences characterized by different traumas, suffering and surrounding people?

Did Cat have manipulative men like LF around her, have a love loss, baby loss and unlike able marriage match?

Did Lysa see her boys being killed one after the other?

Should we compare Lysa to Cat or UnCat?

Should we compare them up until they were still children, but with the biased viewpoint of Catelyn?

I dunno. I pity both.

Catelyn. While Lysa had her share of troubles and "fucked up shit" along the road, she still tried to murder her 13 year old cousin in a drunken rage for "seducing" her husband. So yea, I have little sympathy for Lysa, and while I can't say I really like Cat, she still stands head and shoulders above Lysa for me.

Sansa is Lysa's niece and I don't really like Catelyn but I choose her everytime

Cat, hands down. It's hard to find anything likeable or redeemable about Lysa. I do have a problem with how Cat treated Jon, but not so much a problem that I don't like her, it's just a part of her characterization that really bugs me. Maybe it's because technically I'm a stepmother, and I just get tired of the 'evil' stepmother trope. It just seems to me, regardless of the damn society she lived in, that watching her own children love Jon for years should have taught her something. Not only that, but once she starts thinking alot of her own children are dead and Robb wants to make Jon an heir, she still hasn't learned anything. She doesn't trust that Robb himself learned something from Theon and that he might still know what he's talking about in relation to his 'brother.' Can ya tell, it really bugs me? LOL Believe it or not, though, I really do like Cat. I feel bad for the fact that Cat is left as Lady Stoneheart. I hope that she learns of some of Cat's surviving children and finds peace.

There is nothing redeeming about Lysa's character. She's a horrible mother, a horrible sister/daughter/niece/aunt, she murdered her husband at the behest of the man she was/would have ended up cheating on him with, she tried to kill her niece because her lover kissed her. About the only thing you could even remotely say was positive about her was she avoided war, a war which half her lords would rather have been a part of in her husbands name and memory.

Archived