Valonqar theory

Parizad

Doesn't seem likely. Why would Littlefinger choke the life out of her? He has no animus against her and she has no power to speak of.

Because he is a power hungry man and Cersei is the Queen reagent whose children sit the Iron throne he wants and she is the only real protector of them who may actually stand between them and someone who wants to eliminate them.

My own take is that if it is not Tyrion or Jaime then it must be a title, like 'the Valonqar of the Faceless Men of Braavos' or something like that.

Maggie did not say "your Valonqar" to Cersei so it may be a little brother not her little brother.

Because he is a power hungry man and Cersei is the Queen reagent whose children sit the Iron throne he wants and she is the only real protector of them who may actually stand between them and someone who wants to eliminate them.

At the moment she doesn't have any power, though. And in her present situation he could easily arrange for someone to do a hit on her without having to dirty his own hands.

It's possible; just seems unlikely. Only thing it has going for it is that nobody is expecting it. (And maybe Cersei misheard Valonqar and the word was really Valonszar or whatever the translation is for "little finger".)

To be honest, these threads are kind of pointless. If you get it right, so what? The surprise won't be as big and you'll have taken part of the fun out of the novel.

{snipped}

I don't see Arya and Sansa getting any closer. Sansa's faith is very much tied to that of Little Finger now and we all know where he would take her if he could. I don't see Arya coming out of the free cities anytime soon, but I think she would go and find Jon at some point. I really think the both of them have a real role to play because whoever Jon's parents are, he is clearly a Stark. Him and Arya are the only Starks left whose direwolves still live, and the wolves might mean their "Starkness" which is their valor and righteousness which may well get them killed.

I hope you haven't forgotten Summer and Shaggydog!

I believe that the wolves are more symbolic of their "wargness" than "Starkness".

LF established that Cersei is a pawn of his, although unpredictable in nature. He can still use her, and if he was to dispose of.her it would.be through a third party or.in a more subtle way than strangulation

LF established that Cersei is a pawn of his, although unpredictable in nature. He can still use her, and if he was to dispose of.her it would.be through a third party or.in a more subtle way than strangulation

Lol, what? He didn't establish that. He could finesse her, but that doesn't mean she was his pawn. She could have killed him at any moment if he said something out of line. Although I agree it's a stretch to say LF has any motive to throttle her...

I hope you haven't forgotten Summer and Shaggydog!

I believe that the wolves are more symbolic of their "wargness" than "Starkness".

Yeah wargness too...

I have not forgotten summer but as bran is becoming more of a passive learner and player, I didn't count him but I did forget Shaggydog! :D

At the moment she doesn't have any power, though. And in her present situation he could easily arrange for someone to do a hit on her without having to dirty his own hands.

She may not have as much power as she used to have but still she is a major player. But more importantly, there is nothing she would not do to protect her children, that may come in between LF and the Iron throne.

To be honest, these threads are kind of pointless. If you get it right, so what? The surprise won't be as big and you'll have taken part of the fun out of the novel.

It is part of the fun to speculate what happens. :rolleyes:

Cersei is not a pawn of LF! And Lf would kill her himself just to show her that he won or to show others what he would do to his enemies.

No way, Daenerys is the Valonqar (you see, both she and Cercei are daughters of the mad king and high valyrian is non-sex specific), the fairer queen that is going to take everythng from Cercei, Azor Ahai come again, the mare that mounts the world, the product of generations of genetic manipulation by the CotF to obtain an heir to the throne with prescient powers and the shrouded Lady.

No way, Daenerys is the Valonqar (you see, both she and Cercei are daughters of the mad king and high valyrian is non-sex specific), the fairer queen that is going to take everythng from Cercei, Azor Ahai come again, the mare that mounts the world, the product of generations of genetic manipulation by the CotF to obtain an heir to the throne with prescient powers and the shrouded Lady.

umm.. Cercei is Tywin Lannister's daughter! And you are mixing all the prophecies into one. Azor ahai and the prince and the stallion are more of the same thing; a savior who will unite people and bring light in the darkness. This specific prophecy is about Cersei only. The Maggie answered her questions and most of it came true. Also, what genetic manipulations are you talking about? I am lost a bit.

I always thought the little brother could be Loras Tyrell. The way I saw it go down was that Cersei somehow is responsible for Margaerys death and Loras flips out and murders her as a result. Just my theory though.

This seems much more likely than Littlefinger. The little brother of the queen who brings Cersei down would potentially fit. Jaime, Tyrion, and Loras all seem like strong candidates. Everyone else, not so much.

Archived