Dany's forces at the end of TWOW

dbunting

This is purely my thoughts based on what has been happening and where everyone is.

Dany has her unsullied army, her infantry.

Dany is about to roast a Khal and take his men, then go to Dosh Khaleen and unite the rest of the Dothraki by showing up on her mount(Dragon), her calvary / archers.

Barriston is training knights currently for her, plus she has some sellsword company's still.

Victarion is heading to her with a fleet of ships, he will likely break the blockade and take even more ships for her fleet, her Navy.

She already has the only air force in all of Westeros, dragons.

So assuming this happens, she has 8000+ infantry

100,000 Dothraki(if I remember the number right) as her calvary / archers

Unknown number of knights, I would include the sell swords here just due to experience

Victarions fleet

3 dragons

My question, who can match her? I don't mean if ALL of Westeros joined together in harmony, I mean, what force that is still around can match that?

How does she intend to transport and feed this horde?

The ships brought by Vic Greyjoy. Also i think she is going to sack Voltanis. Which is a big port city. She will find her ships there. And increase her army there also. Form the implied slave revolt / the Red God followers.

This is purely my thoughts based on what has been happening and where everyone is.

Dany has her unsullied army, her infantry.

will get crushed when they get thrown out of formation

Dany is about to roast a Khal and take his men, then go to Dosh Khaleen and unite the rest of the Dothraki by showing up on her mount(Dragon), her calvary / archers.

why would this ever happen. and how long would it take to gather ALL dothraki and how many would even cross the sea

Barriston is training knights currently for her,

a very small negligable number and unseasoned especially compared to westeros' knights

plus she has some sellsword company's still.

maybe. let's see after the battle of meereen

Victarion is heading to her with a fleet of ships, he will likely break the blockade and take even more ships for her fleet, her Navy.

there will be less greyjoy ships after the battle. will these ships even be able to take all her soldiers over seas? will all her soldiers go overseas? especially dothraki and sellswords? then she will likely have to deal with Redwyne fleet at least

She already has the only air force in all of Westeros, dragons.

if she can even get all her dragons over there and if all three are still alive they won't have experienced dragon riders or may not be big enough (we've seen what happens in TPatQ)

So assuming this happens, she has 8000+ infantry

lets see after the battle of meereen

100,000 Dothraki(if I remember the number right) as her calvary / archers

this won't happen

Unknown number of knights, I would include the sell swords here just due to experience

the amount of which are negligable and unseasoned

Victarions fleet

reduced number and may not even be able to ferry all her soldiers over in addition to the iron islands men already on the ships

3 dragons

possibly, if all alive may not have riders. they may not be big enough to survive battles. they will not have experienced riders (we've seen what happens in TPatQ)

My question, who can match her? I don't mean if ALL of Westeros joined together in harmony, I mean, what force that is still around can match that?

she will fail

How to transport, naval fleet helps with that, rest can ride their horses, thats how you would do it in real life. Feed, same as all the other armies do, take what you need along the way.

As to the dragons, I somewhat agree, they are the game changers. But if she didn't have the military along with it a large enough group could kill her, then her dragons are simply wild and not used as weapons.

No way she's going to have 100,000 Dotharki. More like 20,000, if any. And also, how many of these will actually survive the journey?

Barristan trained like 5 knights. Not to mention they are not as seasoned and experienced as Westerosi Knights.

Sellswords are not Knights. They may be better skilled than many Knights, but should Dany become a bit weaker, they will quickly change sides.

She has a decent number of Unsullied, but still armies in Westeros, or even GC have more. And they have them in place, whereas Dany still has to travel a long way.

At the moment she only has the Stormcrows, which have 500. And even though it's likely she will have the Second Sons as well, it's also only about 500.

Dragons are uncontrollable.

Of course this will change after Battle of Meereen as well - and not in Dany's favour.

How to transport, naval fleet helps with that, rest can ride their horses, thats how you would do it in real life. Feed, same as all the other armies do, take what you need along the way.

As to the dragons, I somewhat agree, they are the game changers. But if she didn't have the military along with it a large enough group could kill her, then her dragons are simply wild and not used as weapons.

So these 100k dothraki who hate water are just gonna ride across the sea?

What is there to take, all the food in Westeros is being taken in and stored for winter, the lands will be bare.

Dragons are not by any extent game changers.

Ride their horses across the sea? Those are special horses indeed.

There won't be enough food.

All the ships will not be enough to carry over the Iron Islanders, plus Dany's army, plus horses, equipment, food, and everything else an active army requires.

@ shadrich

Dragons are uncontrollable? UMM, how did the Targareyen dynasty conquer Westeros the first several hundred years?

have you read The Prince and the Queen? The dragons who were not being ridden had a mind of their own (sometimes were disinterested and didn't fight, sometimes randomly attacked, and often attacked in stupid ways that got themselves killed). Also inexperienced dragon riders will make almost no difference.

Also, most dragons that have been ridden have been ridden since they hatched. Dany has only ridden Drogon like once, the others never at all.

@ sunbro

Dragons are not game changers? Really? Have you heard of Harrenhall?

Dothraki have crossed the sea already with Dany, precedent has been set. They will cross and join the fight. If not then why have them in the story at all?

@ shadrich

Dragons are uncontrollable? UMM, how did the Targareyen dynasty conquer Westeros the first several hundred years?

I meant Dany's dragons.

Also, read tPatQ. As previous posters suggested.

I'd put the Dothraki number at less than 10,000. And with the way they fight battles, they are really just fodder.

She might have three Sellsword companies of mediocre quality.

She'll have less Unsullied, but they can be useful. Though winter will hit them hard.

Other than her dragons, her main strength will be her Westerosi supporters.

@ sunbro

Balerion was over 100 years old when the attack on Harrenhall happened, and he had an experienced dragon rider.

Dany's dragons are 2.

@ sunbro

Dothraki have crossed the sea already with Dany, precedent has been set. They will cross and join the fight. If not then why have them in the story at all?

Read my previous post.

Even when there were actually like 100k Dothraki they would have been destroyed without much trouble in Westeros anyway, but there's much less in this horde anyway.

So in your opinions, the whole Dany plot line, dragon story, Dothraki story means nothing? If she and her army never make it to Westeros, then why exist? The series could be over by now if so much time wasn't dedicated to this area of the world.

And just a small comment. I seem to remember a chapter where Dany aqcuires her unsullied. Dragon wasn't ridden by anyone and yet the only ones he burned where the ones that were a threat. The only time he has acted wild was when she neglected him and locked him away.

Archived