On the Set of Season 4

Westeros

• 2 weeks later...

In the scene with Mace, does anyone know who the brown-haired man is on the far right, the one who is standing next to Loras? (Loras is the one who is standing next to Margaery, in case you didn't spot him.) While the guy could be just some random extra, I find it odd that he would be seated next to the Tyrells. I get the impression that the seats on either side of the Iron Throne are reserved only very important nobles. Is it possible that the writers have decided to retcon the "Margaery and Loras are the only children of Mace Tyrell" angle and have added either Willas or Garlan to the show?

In the scene with Mace, does anyone know who the brown-haired man is on the far right, the one who is standing next to Loras? (Loras is the one who is standing next to Margaery, in case you didn't spot him.) While the guy could be just some random extra, I find it odd that he would be seated next to the Tyrells. I get the impression that the seats on either side of the Iron Throne are reserved only very important nobles. Is it possible that the writers have decided to retcon the "Margaery and Loras are the only children of Mace Tyrell" angle and have added either Willas or Garlan to the show?

Some people have suggested it's Tommen, but I don't think he'd be standing way over there, with no crown, that far away from Tywin or Cersei.

It's either just some random Tyrell I believe, or maybe a retcon'd Tyrell brother.

It could be Jaime. His hair is short and its roots are brownish. Also he has a similar haircut and height. If someone could link a picture, that would be great, I would but aFoIaF won't let me paste anything. There's a page of stills from that ontheset feature on the GoT reddit from a couple weeks back.

EDIT: Looked at the photo again. He's not really wearing light colours but I still think it's Jaime.

Okay, I suppose that the mystery guy might be Jaime, but wouldn't it be much more logical for him to be seated next to Cersei and not Loras? As far as I know, Loras isn't part of the Kingsguard yet (and perhaps he never will be, being Mace's only son). I just think it's very odd for the director to set up this scene with the Tyrells on Tywin's left side... and suddenly there's Jaime at the end. His job is to protect the king and his family, so ideally Jaime should be positioned closer to Cersei or Tywin. I doubt that Margaery counts as a queen at this point (since her marriage to Joffrey hasn't been consummated, and she is not yet married to Tommen), and Loras would be Jaime's brother-in-law at best (if the Knight of Flowers does indeed marry Cersei, which I highly doubt will happen).

I may be overanalyzing a detail which has no meaning in the actual episode (I'm clearly dying for Season 4 to start!), but I still say it's weird for Jaime to be placed next to the Tyrells, and I have no idea why the director would choose to do that.

Okay, I suppose that the mystery guy might be Jaime, but wouldn't it be much more logical for him to be seated next to Cersei and not Loras? As far as I know, Loras isn't part of the Kingsguard yet (and perhaps he never will be, being Mace's only son). I just think it's very odd for the director to set up this scene with the Tyrells on Tywin's left side... and suddenly there's Jaime at the end. His job is to protect the king and his family, so ideally Jaime should be positioned closer to Cersei or Tywin. I doubt that Margaery counts as a queen at this point (since her marriage to Joffrey hasn't been consummated, and she is not yet married to Tommen), and Loras would be Jaime's brother-in-law at best (if the Knight of Flowers does indeed marry Cersei, which I highly doubt will happen).

I may be overanalyzing a detail which has no meaning in the actual episode (I'm clearly dying for Season 4 to start!), but I still say it's weird for Jaime to be placed next to the Tyrells, and I have no idea why the director would choose to do that.

It's very clearly Benjen Stark. Huge ADoS spoiler btw.

Well, otoh, if the person next to him is Jaime, he isn't wearing the KG armour either so... I don't know, maybe they're here as Tyrell and Lannister respectively, and not as KG (they took a day off :lol: ). Might be a fail from the writers/ costume dep/ whoever is in charge of these things. :dunno:

Well, otoh, if the person next to him is Jaime, he isn't wearing the KG armour either so... I don't know, maybe they're here as Tyrell and Lannister respectively, and not as KG (they took a day off :lol: ). Might be a fail from the writers/ costume dep/ whoever is in charge of these things. :dunno:

None of the pics give a clear view, but wouldn't the KG normally be standing on guard, and not sitting down as part of any Council? So regardless of whether that is Loras nearer the camera, I would have expected Jaime as LC of the KG to be in his court attire armour, and standing to one side on guard duty as we saw him do in S1. As this meeting has Mace and Oberyn present, Lord Tywin would want all the formalities properly attended to, surely!

Archived