Small Questions v 10022

Stubby

IIRC there was some discussion a few threads back questioning whether Joffrey ordered the foiled hit against Bran since it did not follow that he would have done so to impress Robert. Well what if he had been trying to impress the Hound...

Sandor Clegane's rasping voice drifted up to him. "The boy is a long time dying. I wish he would be quicker about it."

Is Stannis the only living close family of Daenerys? If so then is Stannis her uncle or second cousin?

Stannins' grandmother was the sister of Daenerys' grandfather. So Stannis and Daenerys are second cousins.

Should Aegon turn out to be actually Aegon, then he'd be Dany's closest living relative, with her being his aunt. Should Aegon turn out to be a fake, than Stannis is Dany's closest living relative.

Should Aegon turn out to be actually Aegen, then he'd be Dany's closest living relative, with her being his aunt. Should Aegon turn out to be a fake, than Stannis is Dany's closest living relative.

don't forget

Jon.

who supposedly turns out to be her nephew.

a flower symbolism question - Chett's Bouquet

I picked you flowers, wild roses and tansy and goldencups, it took me all morning.

I'm well aware of the usages of tansy, but I'm interested in any symbolism connected to tansy flowers and goldencup (which I guess must be a particular type of St John's Wort. (I've got the wild roses figured out, I hope.) Anyone got any ideas?

“He is always with the red woman, and . . . he is not in his right mind, I fear. This talk of a stone dragon . . . madness, I tell you, sheer madness. Did we learn nothing from Aerion Brightfire, from the nine mages, from the alchemists? Did we learn nothing from Summerhall? No good has ever come from these dreams of dragons, I told Axell as much. My way was better. Surer. And Stannis gave me his seal, he gave me leave to rule. The Hand speaks with the king’s voice.”

Alester Florent talks about how pursuing the dreams of dragons caused trouble all the time. Aerion drank a jar of wildfire, hoping that it would transform him into a dragon. If we take the others chronologically, did Egg hired nine mages and alchemists to hatch dragon eggs too?

Alchemists of Lys are powerful. Whenever Lys was mentioned, I think of Aerion's exile to Lys and wonder whether his byblows betrayed Egg secretly.

Alester Florent talks about how pursuing the dreams of dragons caused trouble all the time. Aerion drank a jar of wildfire, hoping that it would transform him into a dragon. If we take the others chronologically, did Egg hired nine mages and alchemists to hatch dragon eggs too?

Alchemists of Lys are powerful. Whenever Lys was mentioned, I think of Aerion's exile to Lys and wonder whether his byblows betrayed Egg secretly.

The look Stannis gave her was dark. “Nine mages crossed the sea to hatch Aegon the Third’s cache of eggs. Baelor the Blessed prayed over his for half a year. Aegon the Fourth built dragons of wood and iron. Aerion Brightflame drank wildfire to transform himself. The mages failed, King Baelor’s prayers went unanswered, the wooden dragons burned, and Prince Aerion died screaming.”

It appears mages were for Aegon III. But the aclhemists are not mentinoed.

Can someone tell me if it has been revealed in the novels who Robb's heir is. I was under the impression that it was implied at the end of SoS to he Jon. People on here just seem very sure of it and I wanted to know if it was definitive or just a theory?

No, we are in theoryland. We know the message was dispatched to Howland Reed at Greywater Watch, and everybody seems to try to look for the clues what happened next and as to what's in the message.

No, we are in theoryland. We know the message was dispatched to Howland Reed at Greywater Watch, and everybody seems to try to look for the clues what happened next and as to what's in the message.

Actually no, the app confirmed it was Jon. It was also heavily implied, but confirmed nevertheless.

I dont recall if this question is about Winds content or.not so i will spoiler it to err on the side of caution.

We know Ser Balon Swann, Areo Hotah, and Obara Sand are sent to High Hermitage after Darkstar. But does that mean Myrcella doesnt leave Dorne? I assumed she would wait for her KG knight to accompany her. Also, what excuse is given for Trystane not leaving Dorne?

Can someone tell me if it has been revealed in the novels who Robb's heir is. I was under the impression that it was implied at the end of SoS to he Jon. People on here just seem very sure of it and I wanted to know if it was definitive or just a theory?

Robb clearly disinherited sansa and legitimized Jon but the proclamation will be subject to legal challenges and we'll have to who might enforce it.

Archived